Is Henson done or...?

scrives

Reaction score
The Cowboys really trying to see his potiential for back up for 2006 and starter in 2007? I remember when Bledsoe signed, it was truly a 2 year deal.
Could it be Jerry is thinking 2007 for Henson or is there another plan?

jbsg02

Reaction score
Henson has a lot to impove if he wants to start in 07

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
scrives said:
The Cowboys really trying to see his potiential for back up for 2006 and starter in 2007? I remember when Bledsoe signed, it was truly a 2 year deal.

In NFLE and ready to start anytime soon? We will have to see what he has first and can only hope he just needed experience of any kind on the field!!:eek:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
scrives said:

I don't think we know enough about our plans for the position except for it is Bledsoe for now. One of the reasons we are sending Henson to Europe is to see if he can play. Other than that, that's all there is to it. No future plan for a 2007 debut or anything. First we have to see if he can play.

Nobody knows anything beyond that. Certainly nobody that isn't named Bill Parcells or Jerry Jones.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Well soon see what Henson has in his bag. He needs to light it up over there. If he is just mediocre to sucky, forget about him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I don't think we know enough about our plans for the position except for it is Bledsoe for now. One of the reasons we are sending Henson to Europe is to see if he can play. Other than that, that's all there is to it. No future plan for a 2007 debut or anything. First we have to see if he can play.

Nobody knows anything beyond that. Certainly nobody that isn't named Bill Parcells or Jerry Jones.
Great post.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Alexander said:

Amen!

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Going from fan favorite to replace Vinny 2 years ago, to his start Vs Chicago that same year and same in-game yank at halftime for a injured Vinny to replace him, to his sudden demotion shortly following that game after the season ended to the third spot on the roster behind Romo, now to be being sent to NFLE, I would have to believe Henson's progression is not going the way most on the coaching staff and/or front office had originally hoped, and this is one long sentance. That all said, I say Henson is nothing more then a pipe-dream at this point and we all know how those (pipe-dreams) usually end up playing out. Though a backup roll (possibly career 3rd string) I think we can bank on happening, if that's good enough for us. Or maybe we should just cut our loses while we're ahead and possibly some team out there still has hope in him so we can get something in return for our investment.

I just never see him standing behind center on our team in a compacity any larger then a few preseason snaps or in as a replacement for an injured starter, but I think that's even reaching because as of now that guy would be Romo going into a real game if Bledsoe or our future QB went down.

Or more easily said---I stopped holding my breath on this project X, many moons ago.

:star:

rynochop

Reaction score
What team is he playing for in NFLE? Or do they know yet...

(apologize to the forum police if this has already been mentioned elsewhere)

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I feel Henson needs to step up while over in NFLE, we need to see what he's capable of on a regualr basis.

silver

Reaction score
I still believe is too early to give up on Henson. Some guys take longer to develop. When BP was asked what do you have to lose by playing Henson he aswered: You can lose the player. Joey Harrington and David Carr are prime examples of what can happen to a guys confidence if he gets too many negative plays. Of course there's always the exception to the rule like Ben Roethlisberger. Last time somebody like that came along it was Dan Marino. The jury is still out on Henson and i disagree that he's a pipe dream. Guys like Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, and even Donovan Mcnabb sat on the bench for a while before they developed.

heavyg

Reaction score
Just a gut feeling and I know that means nothing. But I think Henson will be nothing but a very solid back up. I hope I am wrong and he is the future of this team. But I think we need to look to the draft for our future or look to bring in a young FA with ALOT of potential.....No idea who that might be :-(

silver

Reaction score
heavyg said:
Just a gut feeling and I know that means nothing. But I think Henson will be nothing but a very solid back up. I hope I am wrong and he is the future of this team. But I think we need to look to the draft for our future or look to bring in a young FA with ALOT of potential.....No idea who that might be :-(
Yep. But not this year. Maybe in 2007 when Bledsoe and BP are retired.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's hope Henson has some decent skill players and an OL to showcase his talent (or lack of) which ever it may be. I think he will do fine, maybe have a few rough games to start, to knock off the rust. He has to do better than Hutch, right?

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
After Bledsoe, I just don't want to go the route of a retread old veteran QB again. Whether its Henson, Romo or a draft pick. Please Jerry/Bill, I beg of you, please get a young QB who we can build around for years to come.

kartr

Reaction score
scrives said:

Doesn't matter what Jerry is planning or thinking, Henson is a total waste of time and was done even before he got here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
kartr said:
Doesn't matter what Jerry is planning or thinking, Henson is a total waste of time and was done even before he got here.

I hate to repeat myself, but just in case you missed it:

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:

Yeah, you're probably right. If he ever got a chance to play, he'd probably do something stupid anyway. Like hanging his teammates out to dry because he thought doing drugs was WAY more fun than playing football. Hopefully we cut his behind.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Alexander said:
One of the reasons we are sending Henson to Europe is to see if he can play.

Personally, I don't think his play in Europe is going to mean squat. What matters is the game experience improving his performance in camp once he's back home.