Is Henson done or...?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The_Jackal said:
Personally, I don't think his play in Europe is going to mean squat. What matters is the game experience improving his performance in camp once he's back home.

I disagree, I think the experience of real game football will be invaluable.

superpunk

Reaction score
Jarv said:

Of course, if we say it's meaningless beforehand, that gives us a nice "out" if he bombs. :)

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Jarv said:

I didn't say it wouldn't be valuable. I'm saying how the game experience translates in camp is more important than whether or not Henson performs well in the NFLE games themselves.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
scrives said:
The Cowboys really trying to see his potiential for back up for 2006 and starter in 2007? I remember when Bledsoe signed, it was truly a 2 year deal.
Could it be Jerry is thinking 2007 for Henson or is there another plan?

Henson should have stayed with the Yankees organization because cleary football is not his strong point when it comes to sports.

There's only room for ONE Drew on this team, and sadly his name isn't Henson.;)

rcaldw

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Henson should have stayed with the Yankees organization because cleary football is not his strong point when it comes to sports.

There's only room for ONE Drew on this team, and sadly his name isn't Henson.;)

These kinds of post are the thing that make me long for the day that STUDSOE is out of Dallas. May studsoe be absento, or gonno, asap.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
After Bledsoe, I just don't want to go the route of a retread old veteran QB again. Whether its Henson, Romo or a draft pick. Please Jerry/Bill, I beg of you, please get a young QB who we can build around for years to come.

Retread? ..what is Drew some sort of Tire now? Is he the Michelin Tire Man?:mad:

OLD? 33 is OLD for a QB?:mad:

Why are some people's views so slanted, granted Drew isn't fresh out of college anymore, but the man is still a balla people! And I hope he plays in Dallas for at least 3 more seasons, then maybe we can think about the future.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
These kinds of post are the thing that make me long for the day that STUDSOE is out of Dallas. May studsoe be absento, or gonno, asap.

Who would you like to see instead if you don't mind me asking? Would you prefer we sign Kurt Warner? John Kitna? Bring the dinosaur Vinnie T back? Acually I here Quincy Carter is looking for work again as well? :laugh2:

Face it Studsoe was the best choice last offseason and I don't regret Parcells bringing him here at all!

superpunk

Reaction score
rcaldw said:

I half-second this. I don't want him gone, but the hero worship for a guy who was middle of the pack (for whatever reason) and led us to a 9-7 record is ridiculous. And, the nicknames....bordering on "happy."

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I half-second this. I don't want him gone, but the hero worship for a guy who was middle of the pack (for whatever reason) and led us to a 9-7 record is ridiculous. And, the nicknames....bordering on "happy."

Drew is a hero to many young men, and women too for that matter. After all isn't that part of the mystique of a Hall of Fame legend like Studsoe?

It truly speaks volumes about his greatness that he has legions of Drewpies worldwide! :bow:

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Retread? ..what is Drew some sort of Tire now? Is he the Michelin Tire Man?:mad:
By retread, it's meant that multiple (2 in this case and on his 3rd) teams tried to win with him and gave up on him for someone else.

OLD? 33 is OLD for a QB?:mad:
Yes, especially when planning for the year(s) ahead.

Why are some people's views so slanted, granted Drew isn't fresh out of college anymore, but the man is still a balla people! And I hope he plays in Dallas for at least 3 more seasons, then maybe we can think about the future.

At least 3 more seasons?! Dude, we're ok for this coming season. Any maybe, just maybe, the one following that...even though that's not what I would want myself. But at least 3 more seasons?! Pass me the pipe.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bledsoe signed a three year contract- FYI

Happy Birthday - Drew Henson turns 26 on Monday!

superpunk

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Drew is a hero to many young men, and women too for that matter.

That's fine. I like him as a QB. I'm not going to go around tossing out variations of his name with the word "stud" randomly tossed in.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
By retread, it's meant that multiple (2 in this case and on his 3rd) teams tried to win with him and gave up on him for someone else.

Yes, especially when planning for the year(s) ahead.

At least 3 more seasons?! Dude, we're ok for this coming season. Any maybe, just maybe, the one following that...even though that's not what I would want myself. But at least 3 more seasons?! Pass me the pipe.

In this day and age, it's too much of a gamble trying to groom a young QB especially when so many 1st round picks are wasted on bust after bust: JP Loseman, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Kyle Boller, Eli Maning, etc etc.

Rarely do you see the Big Ben's and Tom Brady's (who wasn't even a 1st rounder anyway) develop so fast.

Henson has already been given a chance to show something and hasn't done squat. Drew is most certainly the best option at this point and time. And yes 3 more seasons would mean until he's 36, and even though Bledstud plays at a high level, sadly even his great skills will have diminished by then. Look at some of the veteran QB's out there that didn't even peak until their mid 30's: John Elway, Trent Green, Rich Gannon...to name a few.

I have no problem with this team drafting or signing a young QB, but right now this is Bledstud's team until somebody else says otherwise!:cool:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Bledsoe signed a three year contract- FYI

Happy Birthday - Drew Henson turns 26 on Monday!

Bledsoe's birthday is on tuesday too Nors! Valentines Day lol :p:

superpunk

Reaction score
Weirder and weirder....

gay8.jpg

kartr

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I hate to repeat myself, but just in case you missed it:

I don't think we know enough about our plans for the position except for it is Bledsoe for now. One of the reasons we are sending Henson to Europe is to see if he can play. Other than that, that's all there is to it. No future plan for a 2007 debut or anything. First we have to see if he can play.

Nobody knows anything beyond that. Certainly nobody that isn't named Bill Parcells or Jerry Jones.

The fact that they need to send Henson to NFL Europe to see what he has should tell you how confused they really are. Just having a job doesn't make you any good at it, see Terry Bradway, see Mariuchi, see Jerry Jones.

kartr

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Yeah, you're probably right. If he ever got a chance to play, he'd probably do something stupid anyway. Like hanging his teammates out to dry because he thought doing drugs was WAY more fun than playing football. Hopefully we cut his behind.

The guy you're referring to didn't need NFL Europe and only did drugs because his handlers were too stupid to realize he was the right guy for the job, but didn't want him because he didn't sell enough jersey's to the right people.

kartr

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Who would you like to see instead if you don't mind me asking? Would you prefer we sign Kurt Warner? John Kitna? Bring the dinosaur Vinnie T back? Acually I here Quincy Carter is looking for work again as well? :laugh2:

Face it Studsoe was the best choice last offseason and I don't regret Parcells bringing him here at all!

He was the best choice if you didn't intend to make the playoffs anymore.

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:
The guy you're referring to didn't need NFL Europe and only did drugs because his handlers were too stupid to realize he was the right guy for the job, but didn't want him because he didn't sell enough jersey's to the right people.

kartr, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.