Is Henson done or...?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
kartr said:
He was the best choice if you didn't intend to make the playoffs anymore.

But of course, since that's every NFL franchise's goal....not to make the playoffs:mad:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
kartr said:
The guy you're referring to didn't need NFL Europe and only did drugs because his handlers were too stupid to realize he was the right guy for the job, but didn't want him because he didn't sell enough jersey's to the right people.

His handlers? :eek:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
kartr, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lmao: :lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think Henson is done he is just getting started. He has an oppertunity to show what he has learned at the NFL level in a game situation in NFLE. It may not be the same as the NFL level but it is a higher level than college at least in my opinion.

rcaldw

Reaction score
How long until we have to stomach Romostud, or Stomo? Man oh man, whatever happened to the legacy of the Cowboy's QB position. ;)

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I don't think Henson is done he is just getting started. He has an oppertunity to show what he has learned at the NFL level in a game situation in NFLE. It may not be the same as the NFL level but it is a higher level than college at least in my opinion.

I think this young buck Henson does have a lot of potential, and if anything sitting behind a future hall of fame QB and watching him do his thing on the field will help facilitate and nuture his game. Look at Tom Brady, he even publicly stated before that he was grateful watching Bledstud his rookie season on the sidelines. He learned a lot and is has now blossomed into the best QB in the NFL today!

NFL Europe should be a good gauge of where Henson is at. But remember potential is just that..... If he doesn't rank among the top QB's in Europe and put up gaudy numbers there then it might be time to send him back to the Yankees minor league organization! :cool:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
How long until we have to stomach Romostud, or Stomo? Man oh man, whatever happened to the legacy of the Cowboy's QB position. ;)

You mean like Hogeboom,Sweeny and Puller? Dallas has been throught this before

silver

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You mean like Hogeboom,Sweeny and Puller? Dallas has been throught this before
He means men whose legacy is still intact such as

Clint Studner
Anthony "tha" Wright "one"
Ryan "don't" Leaf
Tony "Money in tha" Banks
Quincy "Doobie" Carter

and of course

Jason "the body" Garret

Doomsday101

Reaction score
silver said:

Clint Studner
Ryan "don't" Leaf
Quincy "Doobie" Carter

and of course

Jason "the body" Garret

Not a pretty picture is it? LOL

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
Going from fan favorite to replace Vinny 2 years ago, to his start Vs Chicago that same year and same in-game yank at halftime for a injured Vinny to replace him, to his sudden demotion shortly following that game after the season ended to the third spot on the roster behind Romo, now to be being sent to NFLE, I would have to believe Henson's progression is not going the way most on the coaching staff and/or front office had originally hoped, and this is one long sentance. That all said, I say Henson is nothing more then a pipe-dream at this point and we all know how those (pipe-dreams) usually end up playing out. Though a backup roll (possibly career 3rd string) I think we can bank on happening, if that's good enough for us. Or maybe we should just cut our loses while we're ahead and possibly some team out there still has hope in him so we can get something in return for our investment.

I just never see him standing behind center on our team in a compacity any larger then a few preseason snaps or in as a replacement for an injured starter, but I think that's even reaching because as of now that guy would be Romo going into a real game if Bledsoe or our future QB went down.

Or more easily said---I stopped holding my breath on this project X, many moons ago.

:star:

I watched the Bears game that year.

Henson had about 1 week of prep time for the game.

Also, he won the game. He has a 1-0 career record.

Henson is going to NFLE b/c the Cowboys think he might be something.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
silver said:

Clint Studner
Ryan "don't" Leaf
Quincy "Doobie" Carter

and of course

Jason "the body" Garret

After reading that list of hideous QB's, it makes it all the more satisfying knowing we have one of the top 5 QB's in the NFL leading this team!:bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
After reading that list of hideous QB's, it makes it all the more satisfying knowing we have one of the top 5 QB's in the NFL leading this team!:bow:
He isn't anywhere close to top 5 in the NFL. Around 12 to 15 is more likely.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Sorry but I'm inclined to disagree. :D
Means nothing to me. If a knowledgable fan disagreed with me I'd care. I'd enjoy the debate with them.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Means nothing to me. If a knowledgable fan disagreed with me I'd care. I'd enjoy the debate with them.

The only other QB better than Bledsoe is Tom Brady, but then again you can argue he's just a 'system QB'. I however do not, he's fantastic.

And please don't tell me that Matt Hasslebach, Mike Vick, Big Ben, The Mannings, Byron Leftwich, Jake Plummer etc are better.

Like it or not Hostile, Drew is in ELITE company.:cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If this weren't so sad it would be hilarious.

It's Major Burns from the Church of Vinny all over again without the "facts."

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He isn't anywhere close to top 5 in the NFL. Around 12 to 15 is more likely.

He is probably top 5.....in the NFL East.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
junk said:
He is probably top 5.....in the NFL East.

Lets look at the NFC East...Where would you put Bledsoe in that conference ?

3rd behind Macflab and Manning ? How would you compare him to Brunnell ? Brunell is A LOT more mobile, Bledsoe has a better arm.

In the last 3 years only Bledsoe has not made it to the playoffs.

acheman

Reaction score
Just goes to show the sad state of Quarterbacking in the entire NFL doesn't it?