Is It Just Me Or Is Stephon Gilmore Just Average At Best

CaptSS

Reaction score
PFF grades him at 70.9 Targeted 60 times and 30 receptions against him. NFL stats show 9 passes defended for the year. He lines up so far off the ball I feel receivers have a good chance at receptions. Every game once or twice I tell my wife "watch, #21 will blow this for Dallas" - and he does. Obviously he used to be a premier CB and I have no idea how he performs during the week in practice or when the game cameras don't show him on a play. Am I kinda clueless here?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Yup he is. Gilmore is a reason i was iffy on signing shaq leonard. Colts aren’t getting rid of these players to "go younger". Colts traded him to us for peanuts because they knew he was declining.

That being said, I'm glad he's on the team because I'm terrified of who'd be starting in his place if he wasn't here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol. He is the reason DK didn’t do anything the second half last week.
see i think these guys are mistaking average for just good... of course he's a shell of his old MVP all pro self, of course he's a shell of his old MVP all pro self,

. No one gets better in their twilight years, hes better then brown or Lewis and if he wasn't here after TD went down, we would be the eagles backend LOL being good or what some call average isnt negative but starting a thread to debate it is well........ anyone remember when brown and lewis went down last year..ouch.

:facepalm:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
You mean the Stefon Gilmore who quieted DK Metcalf when he switched on to him after Bland was toast? Yall really don't be watching the games. I'm sure he'll be on AJ Brown tomorrow. He covers big receivers better. I implore yall to follow Voch Lombardi, A to Z Sports with Will Steele, Akoye Media, LawNation, BossCowboy Sports on youtube and learn something. We have the best content creators in the NFL that do more than just watch they games. Follow them and learn something.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
PFF grades him at 70.9 Targeted 60 times and 30 receptions against him. NFL stats show 9 passes defended for the year. He lines up so far off the ball I feel receivers have a good chance at receptions. Every game once or twice I tell my wife "watch, #21 will blow this for Dallas" - and he does. Obviously he used to be a premier CB and I have no idea how he performs during the week in practice or when the game cameras don't show him on a play. Am I kinda clueless here?
So what do you think? He shouldn’t give up any catches? What’s your standard?