Is it just me or...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Chief said:
He can't help it.

LaTunaNostra maintained that Owens has some mental issues, and I tend to agree. Histrionic Personality Disorder is my diagnosis.

Interesting. See how many fit:

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
  1. is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
  2. interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
  3. displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
  4. consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
  5. has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
  6. shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
  7. is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
  8. considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

I don't think it is that much of a stretch to assume that, although I stop short of calling him crazy because crazy people rarely become millionaires, most end up like Alonzo Spellman. Just read up about his childhood and his life. He is one insecure fellow.

juck

Reaction score
Alexander said:
With Deion, I never liked him personally, but I still cheered him. Instead of yelling his name like "Go EMMITT go", I would yell "Run you $#@&*, RUN!!". Same thing but somehow different.

Well, I hate to say this, but I don't waste emotional investments on football players anymore. I did that as a child, but now with the amount of information that's out there, not a single player can live up to the pedestal we place them on. Rooting for laundry and all that jazz. Romance is for Harlequin novels and those who weep openly at sunsets.

He should have everyone's respect as a player right now. As a person, well that's everyone's personal issue to overcome or not if they want to continue to be childish about it.

I also wish for silence. That is one thing I don't understand about Owens. He eats up the media attention. It gives him a rush and vanquishes his deeper insecurities. And I don't know if he can break that habit.

You speak the truth sir.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
you can hate me all yall want to but you cant stop me!

:D i love that quote from TO

I saw a clip this weekend, during a game in the heat of battle, when he said something like "ya'll don't want me to get my shine, I'm gonna get my shine" and then he said my favorite quote ... with much emphasis on every word ... because I love me some me!!!" :laugh1: That man cracks me up. That's cocky to the umpteenth power, and now he's on our side.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
we have'nt had confidence on our team like TO since mike irvin.

when all the haters see the swagger this team has due to TO they will be loving the fact that hes on our team.

well i take that back.key had the same confidence just could'nt back it up.lol

Alexander

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:

He could back it up.

It's just his idea of "backing it up" was catching a nine yard curl for a first down, not turning a five yard slant into an 80 yard TD.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
we have'nt had confidence on our team like TO since mike irvin.

when all the haters see the swagger this team has due to TO they will be loving the fact that hes on our team.

Many of us who did not want TO understand his ability that is not a concern. Some of you act as if TO scores a TD all of a sudden everyone is going to love the guy and that is not the case. What will help change many of our views is how TO conducts himself with the team. If he is on ESPN popping off against the team or other players on the team then that is a major concern and what worries many of us. Thus far he has pulled this act on the only 2 teams he has played for so he is batting 1,000 on what concerns us. TO has to change and I hope he does for the welfare of this team

mperfection

Reaction score
Hostile said:
For me it isn't about the star incident. I have issues with a WR who publicly bags on his QB.
There's (almost) always two sides to each story. Personally, I wonder if said QB was as innocent as many in the media portrayed him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mperfection said:
There's (almost) always two sides to each story. Personally, I wonder if said QB was as innocent as many in the media portrayed him.

Garcia and McNabb did not come out and blast TO to the media. No doubt TO had issues with both men I can understand that, on a team of 53 players not all the players are going to get alone. So handle it like a professional and don't go running your mouth off to ESPN. No good can come from it

Big D

Reaction score
mperfection said:

:hammer:

TO is not the devil as some people like to believe. Some people will be open minded enough to find that out, others won't.

:starspin

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm excited about seeing T.O. catch his first TD for the Boyz!

I emailed him an idea on how to celebrate his first one...

I asked him, that when he scores that first TD at Texas Stadium, would he run over and yank the drawers down on one of the Cowboy Cheerleaders?

He emailed me back and told me he 'wood'....so, yeah, I'm excited!

:star:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
mperfection said:

I contacted T.O. by email and asked him why he dissed McFlabb....

He emailed me back and told me that McChunky would not share some soup with him one day after practice...it all went down hill after that!

He told me that McFlabb told him..."No soup for you"!!

:star:

JPostSam

Reaction score
i feel even worse about the TO signing than i did about the deion signing after his years in san fran (and that stupid slap fight with andre rison). which one makes a bigger impact on the team -- owens or sanders -- is a good question, but at least deion didn't attack his own teammates and throw tantrums all the time. he went where the money was and, even though the money was never incentive enough to make a solid tackle, he didn't sabotage the team.

don't get me wrong, i'll be glad for every big play that TO makes... but i'll always feel a bit of shame about the fact that he has become associated with the cowboys organization.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just for the simple fact that he is gonna bring ALL GAME LONG is why I wanted him here and ANXIOUSLY await seeing him on the field donning the star.

He already explained himself on the star incident. He WANTED to beat us. NOW THAT is on our side. Good enough for me!!!

tunahelper

Reaction score
To everyone bashing TO, I consider myself "old school" and dont care for alot of the B.S. in the NFL today.
TO created problems over money and was over the top in his antics, but when his team needed him the most he PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE!
What athlete would sign a waiver a play in the superbowl risking his career?
Anyone remember Philadelphia telling him he was playing at his own risk?
This is the kinda guy I want lining up every Sunday wearing a star!
So remember this dude has heart and Bill has a way of reaching deep down into people to get their best and we all know how good TO has been...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tunahelper said:
To everyone bashing TO, I consider myself "old school" and dont care for alot of the B.S. in the NFL today.
TO created problems over money and was over the top in his antics, but when his team needed him the most he PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE!
What athlete would sign a waiver a play in the superbowl risking his career?
Anyone remember Philadelphia telling him he was playing at his own risk?
This is the kinda guy I want lining up every Sunday wearing a star!
So remember this dude has heart and Bill has a way of reaching deep down into people to get their best and we all know how good TO has been...

You, my friend just earned five Beautiful Stars! He may be what he is...and that's alright...you are what you are, and that is what makes all of us unique...

We will see....

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Alexander

Reaction score
mperfection said:

I doubt McNabb was.

As for Garcia, I believe the interview with Playboy was misquoted or at the very least implied. He never came out and said "I believe Jeff Garcia is gay".

Alexander

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Garcia and McNabb did not come out and blast TO to the media. No doubt TO had issues with both men I can understand that, on a team of 53 players not all the players are going to get alone. So handle it like a professional and don't go running your mouth off to ESPN. No good can come from it

And most of the time, a QB isn't going to do that. It isn't part of their nature. What Owens said is probably what most WRs worth their salt have done behind closed doors. His problem was taking it public. But if I wanted out, that would be the surest way I knew how to get myself traded or released, outside of throwing a jersey at the head coach.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coakleys Dad said:
is it just me or is anyone else excited about finally seeing T.O. wear the star for the first time on friday?:trophy:
This would have been a great poll question. From the responses, it looks like the 'no' answer would have won.