Is it possible this is Jerry's final year as Cowboys' GM

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over. This might explains not doing much this past off-season to give Stephen a fresh start to rebuild his own team with new coach and players. Let's be honest, everything we have seen from Jerry lately is likely he doesn't care anymore.

Sidenote....I hadn't thought about but social media is filled with nuggets calling for him to step down after the season. I definitely think it is a possibility .,.......BTW, Stephen has been awful quiet through all this.

Jerry Jones Will Step Down as Dallas Cowboys GM after 2024 Season​

https://twsn.net/2024/10/jerry-jones-will-step-down-as-dallas-cowboys-gm-after-2024-season

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Please, Please Please!
I have never seen him under this much pressure to sign ..........keep in mind, we are still only one game out of first place. What is it going to be like with a losing season and missing the playoff?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The problem is since the 1995 Super Bowl Victory, the Cowboys under Jones have a 5-13 playoff record over 19 seasons, with no conference championship appearances.

Jerry Jones must release his duties of personnel management and hire a GM suited for today’s game. Jones is not able to keep up and just overpays for mediocrity. He keeps coaches around way too long and is okay with settling making the playoffs a little more often than not.

The Dallas Cowboys, branded “America’s Team”, haven’t won it all in 19 seasons, and they haven’t even been close. Now with a rough start to the 2024 season, where they are paying Dak and Ceedee ridiculous amounts of money, but aren’t willing to spend outside of that for any kind of help.

Jerry Jones, who just celebrated his 82nd birthday will need to step back if the Cowboys ever have a chance of making a Super Bowl again. Unfortunately, Every time Jones talks, it sounds like that will never happen and Dallas fans will suffer.

That is why the term fake news was coined

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ve always thought that at some point….and we appear to be closing in on that time….the kids would step in and silence him.

Whenever I suggested this in posts it would be met with things like….’Jerry won’t listen, he is the boss, blah, blah….etc’

Yeah maybe, but it’s clear to me that if allowed to continue to speak as he gets older and nastier, and the general public sides with the media, there’s some damage that can be done PR wise.

All I want is for things to be about football again. Is that a lot to ask? Yeah I guess it probably is. Ridiculous, absurd and sad.