Is it possible this is Jerry's final year as Cowboys' GM

rambo2

Reaction score
We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over. This might explains not doing much this past off-season to give Stephen a fresh start to rebuild his own team with new coach and players. Let's be honest, everything we have seen from Jerry lately is likely he doesn't care anymore.

Sidenote....I hadn't thought about but social media is filled with nuggets calling for him to step down after the season. I definitely think it is a possibility .,.......BTW, Stephen has been awful quiet through all this.

Jerry Jones Will Step Down as Dallas Cowboys GM after 2024 Season​

https://twsn.net/2024/10/jerry-jones-will-step-down-as-dallas-cowboys-gm-after-2024-season

Yes, it is possible. He is in the hot water now and it's going to kill him. Just turned 82 and he won't be able to continue at this rate as he approaches 85.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over. This might explains not doing much this past off-season to give Stephen a fresh start to rebuild his own team with new coach and players. Let's be honest, everything we have seen from Jerry lately is likely he doesn't care anymore.

Sidenote....I hadn't thought about but social media is filled with nuggets calling for him to step down after the season. I definitely think it is a possibility .,.......BTW, Stephen has been awful quiet through all this.

https://twsn.net/2024/10/jerry-jones-will-step-down-as-dallas-cowboys-gm-after-2024-season

Not one mention of anything official stating he is stepping down after 2024. Just people saying he should. This is the worst kind of "news information."

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not one mention of anything official stating he is stepping down after 2024. Just people saying he should. This is the worst kind of "news information."
Which completely probably goes against something in the rules!!!! Sources only, not assumptions!

MikeT22

Reaction score
I dont think he will totally remove himself until he is completely incapacitated or dies.
Stephen has had a larger role, but no doubt Jerry still makes many of the major decisions. Hiring or whether to fire coaches, swaying vote on early round draft picks, decision on resigning Dak, CD, Micah and things like signing Zeke and his playing time, etc.

Stephen may move up even more, but I dont think Jerry will relinquish key decisions like HC hires, tie-breaking vote on 1st rounders and so on until he no longer can.

stiletto

Reaction score
Jerry literally LOL'ed at this article if he saw it. He ain't going anywhere until he is pushing daisies.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Jerry stepping down only means Stephen takes over.

It's like trading in your 2001 Pontiac Aztek with 200,000 miles for a 2001 Pontiak Aztek with 150,000 miles. You still have a crappy car, it just has less miles on it.

JustChip

Reaction score
I thought about that ..........maybe Stephen wanna establish his own legacy and we see a different approach.
He may. Stephen doesn’t have the albatross around his neck of 3 SBs produced by Jimmy. Jerry’s obsessive need to prove he was at least equally responsible won’t be the case with Stephen. His competition will be with his dad’s last 29 years. All he has to do is get to an NFCCG game. At least that’s my hope.

Chasing6

Reaction score

We can only hope.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You think these Jones flunkies are going to screw up their inheritance bundles coming once this idiot dies??? Not going to happen....

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif