Is it possible this is Jerry's final year as Cowboys' GM

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over. This might explains not doing much this past off-season to give Stephen a fresh start to rebuild his own team with new coach and players. Let's be honest, everything we have seen from Jerry lately is likely he doesn't care anymore.

Sidenote....I hadn't thought about but social media is filled with nuggets calling for him to step down after the season. I definitely think it is a possibility .,.......BTW, Stephen has been awful quiet through all this.

Jerry Jones Will Step Down as Dallas Cowboys GM after 2024 Season​

https://twsn.net/2024/10/jerry-jones-will-step-down-as-dallas-cowboys-gm-after-2024-season

no way...will not happen. specially now that its this bad and looks this bad...he will not step away, because his ego won't let him feel that he got pressured to removing himself.

he will bring in Bilicheck, just like he did Parcells to run better operations...and still be up front as the voice of the cowboys taking credit

the only way he will step away is if we are doing good, have potential and he will say, I am leaving a good team in other people's hand, I created this greatness..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
no way...will not happen. specially now that its this bad and looks this bad...he will not step away, because his ego won't let him feel that he got pressured to removing himself.

he will bring in Bilicheck, just like he did Parcells to run better operations...and still be up front as the voice of the cowboys taking credit

the only way he will step away is if we are doing good, have potential and he will say, I am leaving a good team in other people's hand, I created this greatness..
I tend to agree unless his health is deteriorating ......... as stated, this is the first time I have seen Jerry's behavior and tone signal I don't care.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Thing about Jerry, we love to watch him take heat and melt down. But what does that mean? It means he triples down on his "do nothing and win" philosophy. The angrier he gets, the more stubborn he grows. We lose no matter what until he and Cap Boy have moved on to the Final Frontier.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I tend to agree unless his health is deteriorating ......... as stated, this is the first time I have seen Jerry's behavior and tone signal I don't care.
I agree. This wasn't anger over losing. He knew this season was a wash coming in. And normally at .500 he's singing praises of how "right there" we are.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree. This wasn't anger over losing. He knew this season was a wash coming in. And normally at .500 he's singing praises of how "right there" we are.
What are your thoughts on how much of it is a sell job vs how much of it he actually believes?

I’m beginning to sway more toward the latter. When you surround yourself only with people who tell you what a great job you’re doing it may just reinforce that fallacy.

If the Giants and Washington could get out of their own way he would have been exposed long ago, same with his hand picked puppet Garrett.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
I thought about that ..........maybe Stephen wanna establish his own legacy and we see a different approach.
Unfortunately, that probably means he will no longer include the free Whataburger coupon in his future deals......

Chasing6

Reaction score
We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over. This might explains not doing much this past off-season to give Stephen a fresh start to rebuild his own team with new coach and players. Let's be honest, everything we have seen from Jerry lately is likely he doesn't care anymore.

Sidenote....I hadn't thought about but social media is filled with nuggets calling for him to step down after the season. I definitely think it is a possibility .,.......BTW, Stephen has been awful quiet through all this.

https://twsn.net/2024/10/jerry-jones-will-step-down-as-dallas-cowboys-gm-after-2024-season

He did say he was All-In.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen is the GM, Jerry remains the owner and final decision maker. I think most decisions are made by Stephen and he runs it through Jerry before pulling the trigger.

ICP

Reaction score
Does he have a terminal condition? If not then NOPE

garyo1954

Reaction score
Booger will move the team in the middle of the night to somewhere he'll be appreciated before submitting control. How does the Little Rock cowboys sound?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless Stephen plans to hire a GM, it won't make any difference. In todays NFL, you need a full time GM dedicated to keeping the pulse of the team and the rest of the league. They have to know rosters, contracts and have connections with people in other front offices to facilitate trades. We haven't had that in decades.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Stephen might be the bigger problem then Jerry is.

LysleE

Reaction score
As much as I would like Jerry to step down as GM…I don’t think his ego will allow him to go out like this…

Sheepherder

Reaction score

I don't believe Bilicheck will work for Jerry.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on how much of it is a sell job vs how much of it he actually believes?

I’m beginning to sway more toward the latter. When you surround yourself only with people who tell you what a great job you’re doing it may just reinforce that fallacy.

If the Giants and Washington could get out of their own way he would have been exposed long ago, same with his hand picked puppet Garrett.
I'm not really sure how much of his shoveling he believes. But with this latest controversy...if he really was mad about the whole incident, why does he keep talking about it? Everyone is pretty united against Jerry on this one, and instead of just letting it cool, he's right back talking nonsense. This keeps us relevant over the Bye. We should be talking about changes, trades, positions...instead he's talking about paying radio salaries. This is why we are a circus and a joke to the NFL.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Stephen is the GM, Jerry remains the owner and final decision maker. I think most decisions are made by Stephen and he runs it through Jerry before pulling the trigger.
This^^^^ it's what I'm thinking also but I think Stephen has X amount of authority to make low-mid level decisions w/o Jerry's OK. Major contracts, coaching and top draft picks go through Jerry.

Flamma

Reaction score
We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over.
Stephen has said, if and when he takes over, he will take less risk than Jerry. How is that a good thing?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This^^^^ it's what I'm thinking also but I think Stephen has X amount of authority to make low-mid level decisions w/o Jerry's OK. Major contracts, coaching and top draft picks go through Jerry.
That's probably fair. Ultimately everything is run by Jerry then stephen executes whatever they decide.