Is it possible this is Jerry's final year as Cowboys' GM

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This^^^^ it's what I'm thinking also but I think Stephen has X amount of authority to make low-mid level decisions w/o Jerry's OK. Major contracts, coaching and top draft picks go through Jerry.
You both have problems with perceiving reality then. It is quite clear that Jerry is in charge of every thing beyond just GM. He is such a narcissist that Stephen doesn't even hold any power beyond that which Jerry allows.

MS17

Reaction score
I can see Jerry having a clone of himself made to take over when he dies like Emperor Palpatine.
Or, something similar. Executives sometimes have their hand-picked 'useful idiot' on deck in the succession plan. The Cowboys have had caricatures running things for 3 decades, so nothing new.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has long become a detriment to the team with all his bad behavior and Stephen is staying out of it. Evidently, he doesn't want to be involved in the backlash. I have to wonder how much longer the rest of the family will be content to remain silent. They're watching their team go to pot. :huh:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I have never seen him under this much pressure to sign ..........keep in mind, we are still only one game out of first place. What is it going to be like with a losing season and missing the playoff?
The disconnect is thinking he cares about the pressure…he literally just said he’d fire guys on the radio for asking hard questions. He’s getting talked about everyday which keeps the cowboys in the press on a bye week.

Dude isn’t even phased in the slightest in terms of having pressure on him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The disconnect is thinking he cares about the pressure…he literally just said he’d fire guys on the radio for asking hard questions. He’s getting talked about everyday which keeps the cowboys in the press on a bye week.

Dude isn’t even phased in the slightest in terms of having pressure on him
I agree about fans but I wonder about his family or enter circles. I am sure they are seeing and hearing everything we are so my question is are they embarrassed by him and starting to question some of his decisions? I know I'm just guessing but his behavior lately strikes me as something deeper than a few tough questions.

Steve007

Reaction score
Jerr
We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over. This might explains not doing much this past off-season to give Stephen a fresh start to rebuild his own team with new coach and players. Let's be honest, everything we have seen from Jerry lately is likely he doesn't care anymore.

Sidenote....I hadn't thought about but social media is filled with nuggets calling for him to step down after the season. I definitely think it is a possibility .,.......BTW, Stephen has been awful quiet through all this.

Jerry Jones Will Step Down as Dallas Cowboys GM after 2024 Season​

https://twsn.net/2024/10/jerry-jones-will-step-down-as-dallas-cowboys-gm-after-2024-season

We have to admit that we have never seen Jerry this unplugged and unpredictable. I mean is possible he and his family have already decided this will be his final year controlling the team and Stephen will take over. This might explains not doing much this past off-season to give Stephen a fresh start to rebuild his own team with new coach and players. Let's be honest, everything we have seen from Jerry lately is likely he doesn't care anymore.

Sidenote....I hadn't thought about but social media is filled with nuggets calling for him to step down after the season. I definitely think it is a possibility .,.......BTW, Stephen has been awful quiet through all this.

https://twsn.net/2024/10/jerry-jones-will-step-down-as-dallas-cowboys-gm-after-2024-season

]
Jerry isn't stepping down. The Cowboys are his identity. When Jerrys gone don't think things will be better because Stephen takes over. Stephen is basically running the Cowboys right now.

leeblair

Reaction score
I think it's possible this is the Jonses final two years as owners of the Cowboys.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Will Jerry go full Al Davis?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I dont think he will totally remove himself until he is completely incapacitated or dies.
Stephen has had a larger role, but no doubt Jerry still makes many of the major decisions. Hiring or whether to fire coaches, swaying vote on early round draft picks, decision on resigning Dak, CD, Micah and things like signing Zeke and his playing time, etc.

Stephen may move up even more, but I dont think Jerry will relinquish key decisions like HC hires, tie-breaking vote on 1st rounders and so on until he no longer can.
Jerry hasn’t done day to day roles in years

plasticman

Reaction score
LOL, unless you have a current medical report on Jerry Jones that confirms a terminal disease giving him only six more months to live........don't believe it!

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

"Apart of the club" what the hell does that mean? sounds like an agenda driven drivel piece.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry literally LOL'ed at this article if he saw it. He ain't going anywhere until he is pushing daisies.
He'll probably be pushing a Juliet rose and a bunch of wilted or broken daisies as Stephen lets everyone that you just can't pay top dollar for every flower.

triplets_93

Reaction score

Your guess is as good as mine.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
People think we’re getting a new GM?

He’s already here, his name is Stephen.

Get real, people.