Is it time to move Jones back to CB and start Woods at safety?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
A few = not many.

Reading comprehension.
Few....not many it doesn't matter. Anybody that is hating on Jones makes me question their football IQ. He isn't an all-pro by no means......nevermind your have made up your mind so I'm not wasting my breath

Kaiser

Reaction score
I have no problem with Byron Jones, IMO he will make more plays and a big advantage he brings is that you can basically make him a CB if you game plan it right.

Also Jourdan Lewis deserves a lot of respect, for a guy to miss the entire preseason and then step right in to cover Larry Fitzgerald is amazing. Give him more reps and let him settle into one spot as the slot corner and he will be an excellent player.

revospeed

Reaction score
Few....not many it doesn't matter. Anybody that is hating on Jones makes me question their football IQ. He isn't an all-pro by no means......nevermind your have made up your mind so I'm not wasting my breath

Do you count the Cook catch as one of those fantastic plays you keep saying Jones makes? I mean, he did have excellent zone integrity, it's not his job to cover someone 3 yards behind him.

Patrick Crayton made more plays than him and he gets crap for the NYG loss in 07.

Jones deserves all the grief he gets. He doesnt deserve a pass because he breaks up a few passes and gets drug around by receivers.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Do you count the Cook catch as one of those fantastic plays you keep saying Jones makes? I mean, he did have excellent zone integrity, it's not his job to cover someone 3 yards behind him.

Patrick Crayton made more plays than him and he gets crap for the NYG loss in 07.

Jones deserves all the grief he gets. He doesnt deserve a pass because he breaks up a few passes and gets drug around by receivers.
Why not call out Sean Lee for his missed plays tonight? Or Witten? Perhaps Martin, Frederick and Tyron? Staubach or maybe Dorsett? Aikman and Emmitt? Bet you wanted Lawrence gone too. It's fun to pick out a few plays that a player you dislike mistake.

You go over board if someone says Jones played well tonight by saying "oh he had a great play on Cook". Not a single player was ever perfect. Keep hating a player and point out any negatives and no positives while looking over players mistakes that you like

revospeed

Reaction score
Why not call out Sean Lee for his missed plays tonight? Or Witten? Perhaps Martin, Frederick and Tyron? Staubach or maybe Dorsett? Aikman and Emmitt? Bet you wanted Lawrence gone too. It's fun to pick out a few plays that a player you dislike mistake.

You go over board if someone says Jones played well tonight by saying "oh he had a great play on Cook". Not a single player was ever perfect. Keep hating a player and point out any negatives and no positives while looking over players mistakes that you like

All of those guys have more skins on the wall than Jones. You can overlook mistakes when it's an anomaly. Jones's mistakes start to be the norm.

movaughn88

Reaction score

As I watched todays game I was slowly moved from a jones hater to reality. He might not be outperforming the slot he was picked, but man, he made some drive-changing plays tonight.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
All of those guys have more skins on the wall than Jones. You can overlook mistakes when it's an anomaly. Jones's mistakes start to be the norm.
Really Lawrence has skins on the wall? Jones is in his 2nd full year as safety and helping at corner because of injuries. So 1 full year at safety.....which the team went 13-2. I don't overlook mistakes but Jones has had more plays to the good then bad. Again not a single player has ever been perfect and to keep up this hate on Jones is silly and shows how much....or less you really know about the game

Ken

Reaction score
He’s consistently been a fantastic defensive back. People on this board are just clueless.
Clueless?

Are you blind? He can't play in space and cant tackle. His value is in cover big wrs and tes and that is hit or miss.

This is not even debatable. I

revospeed

Reaction score
Really Lawrence has skins on the wall? Jones is in his 2nd full year as safety and helping at corner because of injuries. So 1 full year at safety.....which the team went 13-2. I don't overlook mistakes but Jones has had more plays to the good then bad. Again not a single player has ever been perfect and to keep up this hate on Jones is silly and shows how much....or less you really know about the game

He deserves a lot of the hate. He has not played like a first round draft pick.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
As I watched todays game I was slowly moved from a jones hater to reality. He might not be outperforming the slot he was picked, but man, he made some drive-changing plays tonight.
I agree. Some pick out a player they dislike and make them out to be terrible. Anybody with an open mind that watched tonight's game would see Jones is average to above average but still needs to improve to get in the upper tier. Much props to you for watching him play and give an honest opinion.

Offense players get paid too and no player was ever perfect

School

Reaction score
Good in man coverage. Pretty bad at safety. Bad tackling.

Why pretty bad at safety? Im genuinely asking because I have to rewatch the games to form a decent opinion on safety play. And even then they're out of the shot most of the time.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He deserves a lot of the hate. He has not played like a first round draft pick.
In your mind......which is questionable with your thoughts on Jones. Arizona scores more then 17 tonight without Jones. Hate all you want but that's facts and the truth.......not some make believe cause of hate

revospeed

Reaction score
Why pretty bad at safety? Im genuinely asking because I have to rewatch the games to form a decent opinion on safety play. And even then they're out of the shot most of the time.

The first couple drives, he gave up a few passes over the top, some on third down. Just overall doesn't play well in space.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He hates Jones and is unable of an honest opinion but Byron had a very decent game tonight

Ken

Reaction score
Defending a cb masquerading as a FS and questioning people's football iq..lol

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The first couple drives, he gave up a few passes over the top, some on third down. Just overall doesn't play well in space.

They attacked Heath more than Jones. The first TD was all on Heath in my view. I remember screaming at the replay. "WHERE IS THE ******* SAFETY!" And it was Heath who let the WR get behind him.

Brown needs to do better off the line. He was so physical last year and it has not showed up this year.