Is Lawrence still a leader of this Defense?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You don't hear much from him these days, not sure if that's good or bad. He used to be more vocal, but I guess with Micah being here, he's kind of taken a back seat??? I couldn't see him doing that years ago.

You also have a guy like Kearse who is a good vocal leader in that locker room. THIS IS NOT A BEAT DOWN Lawrence post, just asking is he still seen as a major leader on that defense, and has he taken the back seat to allow others to be more vocal!

I realize his value to this team, and years he's done his thing here as a cowboy. He's well respected by all players on this team...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. That would be #11.

200.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You don't hear much from him these days, not sure if that's good or bad. He used to be more vocal, but I guess with Micah being here, he's kind of taken a back seat??? I couldn't see him doing that years ago.

You also have a guy like Kearse who is a good vocal leader in that locker room. THIS IS NOT A BEAT DOWN Lawrence post, just asking is he still seen as a major leader on that defense, and has he taken the back seat to allow others to be more vocal!

I realize his value to this team, and years he's done his thing here as a cowboy. He's well respected by all players on this team...
not any more. he was briefly, but now, its Parsons. he sets the tone.

quickccc

Reaction score

How would you describe and define a leader ? Someone who is vocal ?... Someone who revs everyone in pre-game hoorays ?
Someone who makes the signal calls for the defense ? Places players in position on the move pre-snap?
If not DLaw, who then is counted upon to be the leader for this team ?

If DLaw is supposedly a leader does the defense revolve around him ?
Frankly I admit that I no longer look for him for sacks and pressure.
Dlaw's best value probably still comes up in run defense.

He's a try hard that has to rely on techniques and savvy for sacks. It's far more about the younger buck that we have to count on for sacks.
Parsons, Armstrong, Williams and Fowler will easily be the front runners.

LysleE

Reaction score
In terms of tenure, especially among the d-linemen, he might be considered a leader. To me, a leader sets the example and his play sets the standard for others to emulate. Lawrence always seemed to be talking smack (albeit not lately), but could rarely back it up. So the real leader is Parsons; I think his effort, mettle and emotion inspires others to play better.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

i-am-spartacus-ac7337.jpg

Can't even get double digits sacks and he is leading what again?????
Another OVER paid and Overvalued player of ours....when he's not injured that is.....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
How would you describe and define a leader ? Someone who is vocal ?... Someone who revs everyone in pre-game hoorays ?
Someone who makes the signal calls for the defense ? Places players in position on the move pre-snap?
If not DLaw, who then is counted upon to be the leader for this team ?

If DLaw is supposedly a leader does the defense revolve around him ?
Frankly I admit that I no longer look for him for sacks and pressure.
Dlaw's best value probably still comes up in run defense.

He's a try hard that has to rely on techniques and savvy for sacks. It's far more about the younger buck that we have to count on for sacks.
Parsons, Armstrong, Williams and Fowler will easily be the front runners.
Good points, Micah has come in here and quickly became our defensive leader a spot Lawrence had for a few years.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
i-am-spartacus-ac7337.jpg

Can't even get double digits sacks and he is leading what again?????
Another OVER paid and Overvalued player of ours....when he's not injured that is.....
Do you expect to see him gone next season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In terms of tenure, especially among the d-linemen, he might be considered a leader. To me, a leader sets the example and his play sets the standard for others to emulate. Lawrence always seemed to be talking smack (albeit not lately), but could rarely back it up. So the real leader is Parsons; I think his effort, mettle and emotion inspires others to play better.
Yes and the hot Boyz mess, the worst crew name of the century lol, COLD BOYS

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

LOL,,, no.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

D law and Kearse are the leaders.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
LOL the last time that tool was a "leader" for the defense he created the Hot Boyz and we had the worst defense in the history of the team.
They said you were the highest bidder for a hot boyz chain!!! Lol jk, agreed, dumbest thing ever, just play football!