Is Micah playing the wrong position?

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Do you think Micah would make the Defense all around better if he just played MLB?? I know he's a good pass rusher but with his size and the long season it just seems we are wasting his speed and smarts by just rushing the passer. What do you think????????

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think Micah would make the Defense all around better if he just played MLB?? I know he's a good pass rusher but with his size and the long season it just seems we are wasting his speed and smarts by just rushing the passer. What do you think????????
The league has caught on to Micah....put him in the middle and pick your spots to send him through any gap, tackle to tackle.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I am sold that Micah is a great player.. I am not sold Micah is an every down DE we need to pay 50 mill (exagerating but it will be very high) a year
I'm 100% not sold on paying him that money. I can just see him back there at MLB doing really well like intercepting balls, covering TE's and so on....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's hard to come across a guy who can track up sacks like him, it's a lot easier to find a good MLB.
No arguing that, the premise is can he be an everydown DE, play the edge in a 4 down front...Again no doubt he is a GREAT pass rusher but today if you could pick any DE to play DE every down..you picking Micah? thats the contract he will be asking for ..Myles Garrett money is the start..

Praxit

Reaction score
The pass rush is the strength of the defense, in large part to Micah. Move him to off ball LB full time and the defense is average.
..yep, thats how its run, right now. His presence makes for offense confusions.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
Every time I see some lineman with a 50 lb weight advantage bending Micah backwards, I cringe. I'd rather see him as an MLB (who blitzes frequently).

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I am sold that Micah is a great player.. I am not sold Micah is an every down DE we need to pay 50 mill (exagerating but it will be very high) a year
This right here is exactly why he's a DE, though. He has one play. He has one goal: get sacks, get paid.

I totally understand. But I know what I'm looking at.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I got an idea. Keep Micah right where he is, and where he is playing at an all pro, DPOY level. And then go get a real MLB that’s not vander esch.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Disrupting the QB is what’s made him a great player. Hard to say he’s playing the wrong position when he’s considered one of the best, if not the best defensive player in the league.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im not saying he doesnt need to rush the passer every play, I'm saying firgure out a way he is not taking on pulling gaurds and tackles on 3rd and 2 I'm not sure why thats so outlandish..he isn't built like an every down DE he just isnt...