Is Micah playing the wrong position?

Kwyn

Reaction score
No arguing that, the premise is can he be an everydown DE, play the edge in a 4 down front...Again no doubt he is a GREAT pass rusher but today if you could pick any DE to play DE every down..you picking Micah? thats the contract he will be asking for ..Myles Garrett money is the start..
Who cares? You’re worrying about contract when we should be worried about winning games.

Kwyn

Reaction score
agreed "I want DE money so therefore I am a DE" Im fine with paying him but he wont get the production he could staying in one spot.
Where is this coming from? Seems like a Fanzone argument.

If the coaches thought he’d have a bigger impact at MLB, he’d be playing MLB.

He’s a difference maker.

It’s like saying do you want Jefferson to play tight end because you don’t have a good one.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Where is this coming from? Seems like a Fanzone argument.

If the coaches thought he’d have a bigger impact at MLB, he’d be playing MLB.

He’s a difference maker.

It’s like saying do you want Jefferson to play tight end because you don’t have a good one.
well if you could read i didnt say anything about MLB.. i said he is not a Myles, joey player and again i said IM GOOD WITH PAYING HIM.. he needs to be comming from everywhere at all times not "Im a DE" he aint...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I thought he was LT 2.0
Well he can play outside linebacker at a high level which is basically what he is anyways.

Middle linebacker he lacks instinct for the position imo. It looks clunky and forced.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Do you think Micah would make the Defense all around better if he just played MLB?? I know he's a good pass rusher but with his size and the long season it just seems we are wasting his speed and smarts by just rushing the passer. What do you think????????
I've said it for a long time. We moved him to end because if the Gregory injury and he excelled. I think he would be amazingly impactful at MLB and some specialty packages.

Kwyn

Reaction score
well if you could read i didnt say anything about MLB.. i said he is not a Myles, joey player and again i said IM GOOD WITH PAYING HIM.. he needs to be comming from everywhere at all times not "Im a DE" he aint...
So, the argument on your end is that he’s not the absolute greatest pass rusher in the NFL?

The market is always changing.

Comparing him to Garrett, is simply a question of “does anyone have Garrett other than the Browns?”

If the answer is no, then you have to decide if you want a top pass rusher or if you don’t.

It’s like asking if any QB is worth a deal other than Mahomes.

visionary

Reaction score
He’s too impactful as an edge rusher not to have him there most of the time
And there is the problem
You can have an impactful player ir an impactful defense
Yes he rushes from DE and stunts and gets sacks but that breaks contain and allows runs and thrn teams run right at him so he tires out and cant hold up
That one sack costs you yards and first downs and eventually the fame against the best teams

Twin928

Reaction score
Do you think Micah would make the Defense all around better if he just played MLB?? I know he's a good pass rusher but with his size and the long season it just seems we are wasting his speed and smarts by just rushing the passer. What do you think????????
Nah his fine Evans is bout to man the hell outta that mlb spot watch he is a dog

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
It's hilarious to see how people reply, Michael rookie year DQ was called a moron for putting MP at MLB. Now all these couch coaches are calling for him to play MLB :lmao2:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You get a bigger pay day by playing a rush DE that's all

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Cowboyszone

Lets make one of the best pass rushers the league has ever seen and make him a linebacker.

Lets draft nose tackles.

Let’s bring back Zeke.

Use the fullback more.

What else guys? Should we run the wishbone too?
If he's one of the best pass rushers the league has ever seen why does he only have 5 sacks? Why does he only have 9 tackles in 6 games? I like Micah and know he's an elite talent but he's not the greatest or close to it. They are going to over pay for his services..that is all

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So, the argument on your end is that he’s not the absolute greatest pass rusher in the NFL?

The market is always changing.

Comparing him to Garrett, is simply a question of “does anyone have Garrett other than the Browns?”

If the answer is no, then you have to decide if you want a top pass rusher or if you don’t.

It’s like asking if any QB is worth a deal other than Mahomes.
No what I'm saying is he is an elite pass rusher no matter where he comes from, he can be a liability in the run game if left to play DE every down in a "4 down DL" scheme because he isnt as big as the "Myles G" DE's, if we ran a 3-4 with hogs eating OL's would there even be a question if Micah should be a DE?

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Parsons is a disruptive and game changing pass rusher.

Constantly matching him up against offensive lineman who are 50-75 lb. heavier will take its toll. Speed is his calling card, and if injuries cost him a step- what's left?

The real danger is an expensive long contract. There is potential for regret in the future. He will not have a long career as a DE.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he's one of the best pass rushers the league has ever seen why does he only have 5 sacks? Why does he only have 9 tackles in 6 games? I like Micah and know he's an elite talent but he's not the greatest or close to it. They are going to over pay for his services..that is all
Teams dedicate their entire game plan to stopping him.

Everyone knows how good he is.. lol my gosh.

If you actually watch our games you would know that he has monster impacts on games that don’t show up in the stat column.

If you disagree with me then your opinion is just trash honestly.

Kwyn

Reaction score
No what I'm saying is he is an elite pass rusher no matter where he comes from, he can be a liability in the run game if left to play DE every down in a "4 down DL" scheme because he isnt as big as the "Myles G" DE's, if we ran a 3-4 with hogs eating OL's would there even be a question if Micah should be a DE?
But our run defense is better this year with him at DE than we were last year when he was playing lots of LB.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Teams dedicate their entire game plan to stopping him.

Everyone knows how good he is.. lol my gosh.

If you actually watch our games you would know that he has monster impacts on games that don’t show up in the stat column.

If you disagree with me then your opinion is just trash honestly.
No need to get all upset because i disagree with you. I think they are going to overpay a guy who is nonexistent against good teams and is really too small for the position. Get back with me in a few years, youll get it by then..........

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
But our run defense is better this year with him at DE than we were last year when he was playing lots of LB.
you think we have held the edges better in the run game this year? or are you saying our DT's up the middle are playing better and thats because Micah is a full time DE..which he was in many games last year...Again if he is in the same spot every play he is WAY easier to defend than he would be moving all over the place...And no he is not as good at taking on pulling OL's as Elite DE's who are DE size, again im not sure why this is so outlandish to anyone..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No need to get all upset because i disagree with you. I think they are going to overpay a guy who is nonexistent against good teams and is really too small for the position. Get back with me in a few years, youll get it by then..........
I’m just saying if you can’t see the impact he has on games and you’re just looking at the stat column then your opinion isn’t valid.