Is our owner setting this season up for SB or Bust?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

It’s beginning to look like a Kamikaze ( no pun intended ) type scenario.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Cowboys have emphasized building for a continuous run every year. Why suddenly scrap all that now?
Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.
Exactly how would Jimmy do that? The Jones' aren't going to listen to anyone about how to run their business.

Forneymike

Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
People on this site don’t listen to Jerry because they hate him so much. He has stated many times that he loves ambiguity. He likes the discomfort of this whole situation for Mike and Dak. I think he wants them to prove themselves with no parachute. I might be wrong but I think he wants everyone over there uncomfortable with no security

Diehardblues

Reaction score
People on this site don’t listen to Jerry because they hate him so much. He has stated many times that he loves ambiguity. He likes the discomfort of this whole situation for Mike and Dak. I think he wants them to prove themselves with no parachute. I might be wrong but I think he wants everyone over there uncomfortable with no security
That’s what I’d call setting them up for failure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, it’s definitely looking like without a parachute. Almost like he wants it to crash. Makes scrapping everything easier publicly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. Cowboys have emphasized building for a continuous run every year. Why suddenly scrap all that now?

Exactly how would Jimmy do that? The Jones' aren't going to listen to anyone about how to run their business.
Usually not. But like Parcells said” you have to convince him to go against his instincts “.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Let me ask you this ..........when was the last time Jerry fired a coach or released a player with money left on their contract? Jerry's history suggests they both are likely done after the season. The fact he isn't willing to invest any money or resources to aid their success, speaks volumes IMO.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

lmaoo the Dak drama queens . Oh no, the sky is falling , we aren't signing Chokota .

The Jones boys clearly see what any real football fan with eyes does, Dak just isn't it .

This is going to be a long season for the Davidians , but a welcome one for true Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Let me ask you this ..........when was the last time Jerry fired a coach or released a player with money left on their contract? Jerry's history suggests they both are likely done after the season. The fact he isn't willing to invest any money or resources to aid their success, speaks volumes IMO.
It’s sure looking like they both could be done.
But I couldn’t tell ya when last time he let someone walk with money still on their contract. Maybe Zeke a couple years ago?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lmaoo the Dak drama queens . Oh no, the sky is falling , we aren't signing Chokota .

The Jones boys clearly see what any real football fan with eyes does, Dak just isn't it .

This is going to be a long season for the Davidians , but a welcome one for true Cowboy fans
He doesn’t have to be it . I’m not sure any QB we’ve had this era has been “ it”. But I’d prefer a better or more proven answer on the roster .

Im not completely sold we should scrap a playoff caliber team and QB even if it’s not “ it” or enough for more success.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Personally, it feels like business as usual.

Why?

Reasonably good draft.

No significant additions via FA

Contracts with key players extending well into the offseason

Dak's contract garnering lot's of speculation and media attention.

Zimmer is a JJ "familiar"

Sort of looks like every other offseason to me.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yea, it’s definitely looking like without a parachute. Almost like he wants it to crash. Makes scrapping everything easier publicly.
This is what I think he’s doing. I think he wants it to crash because he doesn’t want to resign Dak. I’m not 100% convinced it’s all about the money either. I think the Green Bay loss really shook him and he’s lost confidence in him. That’s my theory.

I was convinced going into this past season Quinn would replace McCarthy and Dak would be resigned. After Green Bay I feel Jerry lost confidence in Quinn and Dak. Quinn was easier to get rid because it happened naturally. If he cut Dak then the firestorm from that would have been unbelievable.

Obviously the is JMO and I’m speculating. Not advocating for or against anything but I feel Jerry’s approach to the offseason points to a blow up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is what I think he’s doing. I think he wants it to crash because he doesn’t want to resign Dak. I’m not 100% convinced it’s all about the money either. I think the Green Bay loss really shook him and he’s lost confidence in him. That’s my theory.

I was convinced going into this past season Quinn would replace McCarthy and Dak would be resigned. After Green Bay I feel Jerry lost confidence in Quinn and Dak. Quinn was easier to get rid because it happened naturally. If he cut Dak then the firestorm from that would have been unbelievable.

Obviously the is JMO and I’m speculating. Not advocating for or against anything but I feel Jerry’s approach to the offseason points to a blow up.
Could be. I wasn’t sure initially but it’s beginning to look like it. We should know more by training camp.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Personally, it feels like business as usual.

Why?

Reasonably good draft.

No significant additions via FA

Contracts with key players extending well into the offseason

Dak's contract garnering lot's of speculation and media attention.

Zimmer is a JJ "familiar"

Sort of looks like every other offseason to me.
In some ways yes. But when was last time we had a lame duck HC and QB?

Chasing6

Reaction score

No. He is setting it up for miss the playoffs and bust.

plymkr

Reaction score
Could be. I wasn’t sure initially but it’s beginning to look like it. We should know more by training camp.
Training camp is going to be very interesting for a lot of reasons. Me personally, I just wish there was a plan and they were acting on that plan. Even if I don’t agree with the plan or want the plan, I’d feel better knowing there is a plan. Right now it just seems our FO is being very reactive and indecisive. Or maybe there is a plan and they haven’t revealed it yet. That’s probably most likely. I think TC will show us what the plan is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last season was Super Bowl or bust. Jerry set us up to miss the playoffs this season unless we hit a homer in the draft and last year‘s draft starts to come around.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Setting it up for bust……

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It has been stated by many more in the know than I and I have also said it. Last year was the BOOM, next year will be/has to be the bust. The writing has been on the wall since our choke job vs. Green Bay and our luck vs Detroit. Don't complain about it, and let's hope some of our young guys develop for the years to come as this is what I have to at least look forward to