Is our owner setting this season up for SB or Bust?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our QB is a living failure. No need to set him up for it.
His last 3 playoff games and his inability to beat teams like the Bills, Niners, and caliber teams tell the tale.
Jerry just wants some payback (he's paid for it) and to set him free with his options very limited as an FA when he hits the market.
Think about it who the heck is gonna want Dak for 50 + million? :muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
His last 3 playoff games and his inability to beat teams like the Bills, Niners, and caliber teams tell the tale.
Jerry just wants some payback (he's paid for it) and to set him free with his options very limited as an FA when he hits the market.
Afraid I have to agree. And don't forget the Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Several million reasons why.

MM knew exactly what he was getting into. He took the money and agreed to be quiet. That's what he's doing.
There is a point of time where his contract is guaranteed.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Seriously, you and MountaineerCowboy should start a Cowboys youtube channel together. I'd love to put a face to these takes and vast football knowledge you two have.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If is not the case, then the case is lying, because this is exactly what appears to be happening.

Like so many rich people, Jerry behaves like a child. He's had money for so long now that he's used to acting/feeling whatever way he wants. Just an ego driven child, which is why he won't win a super bowl. Hope like hades I'm not right about that last sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed brother it's all a big game to him it's a game playing with McCarthy and Prescott's lives because he is scorned over their performance.

It's another game manipulating the fans emotions so that they'll have some belief and faith and support his money-making cause.

It has become more of a challenge for him to stay relevant and make money then to actually win a super bowl.

I am fully convinced that only us fans care about winning a super bowl.
Everyone in that franchise players coaches owner down to the freaking ball boy are totally entrenched on marketing themselves and making as much money as they possibly can .

Super bowl trophies and rings just aren't worth enough for anyone in this franchise to make them a priority. It just doesn't enhance their earnings or ability to earn enough for them to take it seriously

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

It’s beginning to look like a Kamikaze ( no pun intended ) type scenario.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
Lol. Oh yea this was def a SB or bust offseason.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"Jerry has a plan"..."Jerry is mad"..."Jerry is listening to someone"...lol yeah ok the more ture statement would be "Some fans are desperate to avoid the realism this is our FO"
Its year 29 this offseason has looked like many recent offseasons....you don't like it and neither do I but some of you are reaching for some crazy coping theories...Jerry is and always has been about what markets his toy best, thats the realism of what we are stuck with..."Jerry has a plan" ..lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
"Jerry has a plan"..."Jerry is mad"..."Jerry is listening to someone"...lol yeah ok the more ture statement would be "Some fans are desperate to avoid the realism this is our FO"
Its year 29 this offseason has looked like many recent offseasons....you don't like it and neither do I but some of you are reaching for some crazy coping theories...Jerry is and always has been about what markets his toy best, thats the realism of what we are stuck with..."Jerry has a plan" ..lol
I think it’s now more clear than ever how in over their heads they are and have no idea what to do, so they do nothing. You’ve got a bitter Jerry who expects discounts when salaries are rapidly rising, and twist Stephens arm to not write a signing bonus check. So, do nothing.

They are gonna eventually sign the big names after they let the money get even more out of hand. All will get market setting deals, and they will blame the cap for not being able to get better.

I wouldn’t stick around for that if I’m Prescott and be labeled a loser for all eternity when I could get paid elsewhere with a more competent FO that actually tries, but I’m not him. He could have also already decided that for all we know.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
When players see how Jerry Jones treats a player that performed well for him “who the heck is gonna want” to sign with the Dallas Cowboys? Did you ever consider the reason the Cowboys don’t participate in the free agent market anymore than they do is because their agents are advising their clients not to go there?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only Busts the Jones family is setting up is the Cops to bust their hooker filled party bus.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

It’s beginning to look like a Kamikaze ( no pun intended ) type scenario.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
the owner is set the stage for an 8.5B valuation. anything less would be considered a failure.

fivetwos

Reaction score
When players see how Jerry Jones treats a player that performed well for him “who the heck is gonna want” to sign with the Dallas Cowboys? Did you ever consider the reason the Cowboys don’t participate in the free agent market anymore than they do is because their agents are advising their clients not to go there?
Good point. It certainly isn’t where the money is, and agents probably shake their head when they hang up the phone with the arrogant entitled kid, if they ever get a call at all. Remember, they expect people to call THEM. Ok.

I mean, having a general philosophy of building primarily through the draft is one thing…it’s actually solid business if you can pull it off….but it’ll never add up to enough to get over the top, and not signing a major free agent in FOURTEEN years is shooting yourself in the foot from a roster building standpoint. That’s been proven.

They contend in a bad division and tell themselves they are close to a championship. I don’t even think it’s a sell job, they just don’t know the difference. Same way they think so highly of themselves as GMs and are dead wrong.

Having all the money you’d ever need and surrounding yourself with people that tell you how great you are might tend to affect things. So, here we are. Jones style football circus. There will be no change unless they hit rock bottom, which Romo and Prescott have prevented for nearly 20 years.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No matter how this season turns out, the bust is coming next season.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not intending to be sarcastic or, even cynical, but wasn't last year SB or bust

shabazz

Reaction score
That’s what I’d call setting them up for failure.
Many today's athletes wilt in the face of adversity.....they have to be coddled and reinforced like children

Players of the past responded positively with the constant threat of losing their jobs.

Different world