Is our owner setting this season up for SB or Bust?

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm sure that Jerry has recently pondered the subject of his mortality. He can't afford the time it takes for a rebuild. He is going to try and win now without devastating the future of the team.

However, don't be shocked if a trade is made using a high draft pick, perhaps even next season's first round pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

It’s beginning to look like a Kamikaze ( no pun intended ) type scenario.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
I can’t wait until the season starts. All this doom and gloom is unhealthy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Training camp is going to be very interesting for a lot of reasons. Me personally, I just wish there was a plan and they were acting on that plan. Even if I don’t agree with the plan or want the plan, I’d feel better knowing there is a plan. Right now it just seems our FO is being very reactive and indecisive. Or maybe there is a plan and they haven’t revealed it yet. That’s probably most likely. I think TC will show us what the plan is.
There plan is to draft and develop. They’ve made that quite obvious as they don’t believe in signing high end free agents. So like it or not, that’s the plan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm sure that Jerry has recently pondered the subject of his mortality. He can't afford the time it takes for a rebuild. He is going to try and win now without devastating the future of the team.

However, don't be shocked if a trade is made using a high draft pick, perhaps even next season's first round pick.
Go out with a bang!

Flamma

Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
Our WR doesn't have to be tagged. One year at a time.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Jerry can not read the Tea Leaves.

The worst thing about a GM is when they think they can read the market better than anyone and have zero accountability because they are the owner.

If I am CD I show up to camp, avoid the fines. Then sit week 1, if I don't have a new 4 or 5 year deal.

Flamma

Reaction score
People on this site don’t listen to Jerry because they hate him so much. He has stated many times that he loves ambiguity. He likes the discomfort of this whole situation for Mike and Dak. I think he wants them to prove themselves with no parachute. I might be wrong but I think he wants everyone over there uncomfortable with no security
The once owner of the Yankees George Steinbrenner used to want everyone feeling uncomfortable as well. This was well known, and I think Jerry is trying to copy that. But it's an outdated approach with players today. It's not 1975.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Every season is Super Bowl or bust because our idiot owner keeps mentioning Super Bowl when there’s 29 years of rust on our last Lombardi.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Feels like it’s been Super Bowl or Bust for 30 years now. Don’t blame him, it’s supposed to be that way with America’s Team. But it was a little ridiculous in late 90’s and Campo Era when Jethro would pump it up so much even though we didn’t have a chance in hell with the talent on the roster.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People on this site don’t listen to Jerry because they hate him so much. He has stated many times that he loves ambiguity. He likes the discomfort of this whole situation for Mike and Dak. I think he wants them to prove themselves with no parachute. I might be wrong but I think he wants everyone over there uncomfortable with no security
Jerry does mention that HE is comfortable with it, but how has that “ambiguity“ worked out for the team the last 28 years?

Ambiguity is great for an entrepreneur. But coaches and players need stability, reliability and clarity. Ambiguity is none of those things. Ambiguity is BAD for a football team. We have three decades of evidence.

Flamma

Reaction score

You mean before the season starts? I'd fall off my chair. I might need the paddles to be revived. Has he done anything to give us any indication that he's looking to add talent? You think he's going to acquire another 35M a year player? That's what the first rounder would suggest. There was opportunity in FA if he wanted to do that. Why waste a pick? When Dallas traded for Cooper, it was only after the season started and things were looking dismal.

Unless you're talking about trading one of our players for a first round pick next year. There's a slim possibility that happens.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe there's been a change.
I believe Jerry has watched every big game in the last couple years and has seen a team not ready to play. Sloppy starts from the OL, false starts, drive killing holds and a HC who said he'd handle penalties 3 years ago.

IT WAS NEVER FIXED! THAT'S COACHING 101!
Then there's the QB who time after time chokes under pressure.
Nope somebody's in Jerry's ear and he's changing things, starting with the 2 biggest things/warts on this team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry Jones refuses to consider hiring a legit GM to make this team a true SB contender. He'd much rather assume the job himself and do a highly inadequate job of it. That's just what control freaks do. It remains to be seen if this team ever enjoys a legit GM to take charge. Stephen will have a chance to do so when Jerry "kicks the bucket" but he might also decide to keep things stagnant. Let's hope that's not the case.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Jerry and Capboy is doing a terrible job at hiding the fact they are "all in". If they wanted to go all in they should have done it last year. But all they did was complain about the cap and wanting to sign Dak, Lamb and Parson's long term.

I will laugh if either Lamb or Parson will go elsewhere for lesser pay and earn their championship elsewhere. That will really be sticking it to Jerry and Capboy for the mess that got us in.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

I honestly dont think there is any master plan going on behind the scenes.

Jerry and his idiot boy are so terrible at team building that it literally appears like an intentional tank job.

plymkr

Reaction score
The once owner of the Yankees George Steinbrenner used to want everyone feeling uncomfortable as well. This was well known, and I think Jerry is trying to copy that. But it's an outdated approach with players today. It's not 1975.
Jerry should pay teenagers to troll them on social media. That would make them uncomfortable. Pay Dak, CD and Micah and when Jerry wants to light a fire under them, and the whole team, pay 10 thousand jr highers to blow up their socials. I’ve said this for years. It seems like our team cares more about their social media presence than results on the field.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If folks don't see clear as day the set-up Jerry has implemented for all the lame ducks on our roster then intelligence levels have dropped big time in the good old CZ.
He could have fired MM and post-June 1st our QB but Noooooooooooooooo Jerry is mad and he wants his pound of flesh this coming season.
And he will get it as this team has disaster written all over it and that's ok for Jerry as he's done with these overpaid clowns who continue to embarrass him when it counts the most!