Is our owner setting this season up for SB or Bust?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

It’s beginning to look like a Kamikaze ( no pun intended ) type scenario.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
Well you should have left SB out of the title lol. No SB happening.
Yes it looks this and that, but lets wait till end of august !

If jerry hasnt signed dak by then, maybe something is up. The date Aug 18 popped into my head so maybe
that date will be significant??

to be honest I kinda like it so far, better than if the same ol same ol had happened and Jerry had already signed dak and lamb back in spring.
All this lame duck and 1 year contracts, and no extensions for the star bozo's is kinda interesting.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry when he finally figures out who has been keeping this team from winning.

979801a3-f9c0-46a9-accf-bb0f2f2beeba_text.gif
He wont figure that out till he is like 92 !

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
I keep saying we're doing nothing and will somehow win the big one this year

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Using Occam's Razor, this season is a method to reset the CAP, to acceptable levels prior to 3 massive contracts. The season also acts as a 'show me' for players and coaching team and trying to identify a reason as to why we can win 12 regular season game and fail in the play-offs.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Further.
No matter if the plan is to tank or excel, Boys are headed to a 10-7 season.

plasticman

Reaction score
There is zero percent chance of that happening. Actually less than zero if that's possible.
It's not possible to have a percent of a chance less than 0. The smallest possible fraction is still greater than zero.

Therefore, you are saying there is no chance, not even the smallest fractional probability of that happening?

Yet, in the past, it has certainly happened. I know of three occasions where the Cowboys, under Jerry Jones, traded their #1 pick in the draft for a player. All three were receivers.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Further.
No matter if the plan is to tank or excel, Boys are headed to a 10-7 season.
They will be 2-7 or at best 3-6 by week 10 how are you finding 10 wins?
This team is weaker and the players will not give 110% for our leader as they have lost all faith in his ability to step up when they need him the most.
Anyway, hope is eternal so it begins.............

Blackrain

Reaction score
I believe there's been a change.
I believe Jerry has watched every big game in the last couple years and has seen a team not ready to play. Sloppy starts from the OL, false starts, drive killing holds and a HC who said he'd handle penalties 3 years ago.

IT WAS NEVER FIXED! THAT'S COACHING 101!
Then there's the QB who time after time chokes under pressure.
Nope somebody's in Jerry's ear and he's changing things, starting with the 2 biggest things/warts on this team.
I got to agree like it or not I believe Jerry has assigned blame and McCarthy and Dak are on the receiving end of the blame.

There was an opportunity last year and neither one rose to the occasion and I don't think Jerry has gotten over it and has decided to blow this thing up after this year get a coach draft a quarterback and try to win with a Young quarterback on a rookie contract.
They drafted offensive line this year that by next year when they draft quarterback and get a coach things could hit the ground running.
But I believe this year is written off and just going to be tanked to get a high draft pick and draft a quarterback just my opinion.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Not close to a SB Team. More like win the Division or Bust.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If folks don't see clear as day the set-up Jerry has implemented for all the lame ducks on our roster then intelligence levels have dropped big time in the good old CZ.
He could have fired MM and post-June 1st our QB but Noooooooooooooooo Jerry is mad and he wants his pound of flesh this coming season.
And he will get it as this team has disaster written all over it and that's ok for Jerry as he's done with these overpaid clowns who continue to embarrass him when it counts the most!
I don't usually agree with you but I think you are spot on with this I think Jerry is downright pissed off to the point of being vindictive.

And he has the money to be able to suck it up and make them suffer the consequences all while just positioning himself for a good draft.
While I was at it if I was Jerry I'd get rid of Micah Parsons and his mouth if I could get two number ones and a number two for him at 25 years old in his absolute prime.

Get rid of this talker before he gets paid and then gets hurt or his performance tails off or any of the other misery that happens to players on this team shortly after they get paid.

Time to rebuild and we've already started with the offensive line.
Hopefully Jimmy is guiding Jerry and will influence how he builds the team in the future.

Jerry just may be ready to clean house of the posers and go on a full bore search for some young players who can perform their best when the lights are brightest

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

really!!? really!!?

SB or bust? didn't we go through that last year? and the year before? and then Garrett's last year.

Joneses Suck.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
SB or Bust?

We haven't been set up for a SB in a long time. This is just a question of how big is the bust?

No band-aids, no medicine. Just let nature take its course with the patient.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Lame Duck Jethro is creating a blame it on Dak rebuild.

Dak is priority one. We can't sign CD because we are waiting on Dak, even though we don't talk to him or his Agent.

CD sits out and we start the season 0-for whenever GM Jethro starts to actually act like a real GM and signs him.

Once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, he starts Trance and we end the season at 7-11 resulting in a Top 10 pick.

Funny part is half our fans are extremely excited about this scenario and will think GM Jethro is a genius.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Hey Jerry, this is Jimmy, this is how I think this season has to go......BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH......BLAH. Thanks Jimmy, I always thought that you were smarter than me...........................

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Our QB is a living failure. No need to set him up for it.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Why not force your way out and go on vacation and get ready for your next interview?

Why go along with this fiasco of an off season, and let people think you are part of the problem?

kskboys

Reaction score
Why not force your way out and go on vacation and get ready for your next interview?

Why go along with this fiasco of an off season, and let people think you are part of the problem?
Several million reasons why.

MM knew exactly what he was getting into. He took the money and agreed to be quiet. That's what he's doing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lame Duck Jethro is creating a blame it on Dak rebuild.

Dak is priority one. We can't sign CD because we are waiting on Dak, even though we don't talk to him or his Agent.

CD sits out and we start the season 0-for whenever GM Jethro starts to actually act like a real GM and signs him.

Once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, he starts Trance and we end the season at 7-11 resulting in a Top 10 pick.

Funny part is half our fans are extremely excited about this scenario and will think GM Jethro is a genius.
The signs point toward the bolded weirdly being the truth.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't usually agree with you but I think you are spot on with this I think Jerry is downright pissed off to the point of being vindictive.

And he has the money to be able to suck it up and make them suffer the consequences all while just positioning himself for a good draft.
While I was at it if I was Jerry I'd get rid of Micah Parsons and his mouth if I could get two number ones and a number two for him at 25 years old in his absolute prime.

Get rid of this talker before he gets paid and then gets hurt or his performance tails off or any of the other misery that happens to players on this team shortly after they get paid.

Time to rebuild and we've already started with the offensive line.
Hopefully Jimmy is guiding Jerry and will influence how he builds the team in the future.

Jerry just may be ready to clean house of the posers and go on a full bore search for some young players who can perform their best when the lights are brightest
If is not the case, then the case is lying, because this is exactly what appears to be happening.

Like so many rich people, Jerry behaves like a child. He's had money for so long now that he's used to acting/feeling whatever way he wants. Just an ego driven child, which is why he won't win a super bowl. Hope like hades I'm not right about that last sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!