Is our owner setting this season up for SB or Bust?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But I couldn’t tell ya when last time he let someone walk with money still on their contract. Maybe Zeke a couple years ago?
My point is that may be the only reason they both are still here. Many fans have asked why he didn't fire MM after the GB loss but forgot Garrett was a lame-duck coach before getting fired.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry can not read the Tea Leaves.

The worst thing about a GM is when they think they can read the market better than anyone and have zero accountability because they are the owner.

If I am CD I show up to camp, avoid the fines. Then sit week 1, if I don't have a new 4 or 5 year deal.
If he sits out like you say trade him ASAP.
He is NOT worth 30 million a year.

Flamma

Reaction score
If folks don't see clear as day the set-up Jerry has implemented for all the lame ducks on our roster then intelligence levels have dropped big time in the good old CZ.
He could have fired MM and post-June 1st our QB but Noooooooooooooooo Jerry is mad and he wants his pound of flesh this coming season.
And he will get it as this team has disaster written all over it and that's ok for Jerry as he's done with these overpaid clowns who continue to embarrass him when it counts the most!
This is what it appears to be. Everything points to it. But who knows? They should pay Lamb this year, Parsons the next. IMO there is no room to extend Dak 55M a year +95M to the cap. That's insane. He's not Peyton Manning. It's bad enough he'll be a 40M dead cap after this season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what it appears to be. Everything points to it. But who knows? They should pay Lamb this year, Parsons the next. IMO there is no room to extend Dak 55M a year +95M to the cap. That's insane. He's not Peyton Manning. It's bad enough he'll be a 40M dead cap after this season.
It's not worth talking about Dak as his fate is sealed.
I mean how many more BAGS and CHANCES do you give Mr. Walter Mitty?
He failed miserably no matter how much sauce you throw at it.
CD no way they should give him 30 million a season.
He is NOT a top 5 WR.
Parsons will be paid a ton of cash.

plymkr

Reaction score
My point is that may be the only reason they both are still here. Many fans have asked why he didn't fire MM after the GB loss but forgot Garrett was a lame-duck coach before getting fired.
I agree. I also want to throw in my theory that McCarthy convinced Jones he could develop Lance with another season. I’m not saying he can or he can’t but I have a hunch when Jerry met with McCarthy after the season for his “job interview “ Lance’s development was a selling point for McCarthy. I have nothing to back this up and it’s pure speculation. Just a hunch. Because after the Green Bay loss with every player looking completely lost and confused, I can’t imagine a reason McCarthy kept his job.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree. I also want to throw in my theory that McCarthy convinced Jones he could develop Lance with another season. I’m not saying he can or he can’t but I have a hunch when Jerry met with McCarthy after the season for his “job interview “ Lance’s development was a selling point for McCarthy. I have nothing to back this up and it’s pure speculation. Just a hunch. Because after the Green Bay loss with every player looking completely lost and confused, I can’t imagine a reason McCarthy kept his job.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There is no money left on Dak’s contract. The Cowboys can dump Dak now and not another cent goes from the Dallas Cowboys’ coffers to Dak Prescott.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Jerry is convinced McCarthy can salvage what looks like an epic bust, a ridiculous mistake by the San Francisco 49ers, but doesn’t believe in him enough to extend his contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Especially when Bill Belichick was begging Jerry to hire him

kskboys

Reaction score
We have a lame duck HC who’s already complaining about the lack of support from Jethro & Son in off season .

And If he doesn’t resign our QB and possibly our WR (has to be tagged) decides to sit out a time along with a retread RB are we setting our QB up for failure too.

It’s beginning to look like a Kamikaze ( no pun intended ) type scenario.

Maybe Jimmy has convinced Jethro to begin a restart/ rebuild and having a collapsing or disastrous season will help him sell it.

There has to be an angle for our public perception owner to pursue if he intends on scrapping the season.
Jerry is always super bowl or bust.

However, I do find it refreshing that we appeared to be drafting for the future this last draft. Got some really nice pieces.

kskboys

Reaction score
Training camp is going to be very interesting for a lot of reasons. Me personally, I just wish there was a plan and they were acting on that plan. Even if I don’t agree with the plan or want the plan, I’d feel better knowing there is a plan. Right now it just seems our FO is being very reactive and indecisive. Or maybe there is a plan and they haven’t revealed it yet. That’s probably most likely. I think TC will show us what the plan is.
Reactive has been Jerry's MO since Jimmy left. Jerry doesn't even notice if an area of the team is completely falling apart until they hit bottom. He's just not football smart.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
No...Jerry is not in "SB or Bust" mode. Why in the world would he do that?

He's in "just be good enough to make the most money in the NFL or Bust" mode.

Just like the last 3 decades.

kskboys

Reaction score
No...Jerry is not in "SB or Bust" mode. Why in the world would he do that?

He's in "just be good enough to make the most money in the NFL or Bust" mode.

Just like the last 3 decades.
You have to understand NFL personnel to be super bowl or bust. Jerry doesn't.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry when he finally figures out who has been keeping this team from winning.

979801a3-f9c0-46a9-accf-bb0f2f2beeba_text.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry Jones refuses to consider hiring a legit GM to make this team a true SB contender. He'd much rather assume the job himself and do a highly inadequate job of it. That's just what control freaks do. It remains to be seen if this team ever enjoys a legit GM to take charge. Stephen will have a chance to do so when Jerry "kicks the bucket" but he might also decide to keep things stagnant. Let's hope that's not the case.
Stephen played football as well so he may continue the tradition.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry is always super bowl or bust.

However, I do find it refreshing that we appeared to be drafting for the future this last draft. Got some really nice pieces.
Future? The first 3 picks will be day 1 starters.