Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Reaction score
They are built for us to play with a lead. We haven’t led much all season

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
From what I see every team playing a top qb is getting lit up for 30 plus. Saints, Packers, Bills (we played Goff much better than Buffalo or Philly), Chicago (they let Ryan light them up WITHOUT Julio. Seattle gets lit up by every good offense. Philly got lit up by Dwayne Haskins lol. Only team that seems to be playing consistently good is Baltimore. So yeah we are bad, but so is everyone else.

No we are not as bad as everyone thinks. Pts against is very skewed against our Defense. Our offensive turnovers have really been the cause of all this. How many pts did the Seawhawks score in the second half? I think we played much better Defensively in the second half. That was a winnable game. The only criticism I have is on that 4&3 we had should have sent the house at Wilson, we played it so conservatively.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They are built for us to play with a lead. We haven’t led much all season

Lol. So, just always have the lead and the defense will never be a problem? Sounds about right. Dallas has a defense that's built to be an afterthought

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No we are not as bad as everyone thinks. Pts against is very skewed against our Defense. Our offensive turnovers have really been the cause of all this. How many pts did the Seawhawks score in the second half? I think we played much better Defensively in the second half. That was a winnable game. The only criticism I have is on that 4&3 we had should have sent the house at Wilson, we played it so conservatively.

I'd say Julio's drop and Metcalf's laziness taking 2 TDs off the board in the last 2 games kinda washes out the points for or against.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not saying we have a great defense but I'm just the type that looks at the league overall. I exposed on this site years ago that many posters dont even follow the NFL they just follow Dallas lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd say Julio's drop and Metcalf's laziness taking 2 TDs off the board in the last 2 games kinda washes out the points for or against.
Gawd that was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I try to remain as positive as I possibly can because I take into the consideration there are injuries and this is a new coaching staff. But let's be honest here this defense hasn't been this bad a very very long time. I don't know if this defense is worst than Troy Aikman rookie year, it's mind numbing how bad this defense is right now.

scottsp

Reaction score
Dallas' defense was bad when it healthy, before the body count began to climb.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I try to remain as positive as I possibly can because I take into the consideration there are injuries and this is a new coaching staff. But let's be honest here this defense hasn't been this bad a very very long time. I don't know if this defense is worst than Troy Aikman rookie year, it's mind numbing how bad this defense is right now.
What defense is better? I keep asking this. And dont answer with a team that played some bum qb.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Defense is 25th in yards allowed, 30th in points allowed, 30th in takeaways - yes, it's that bad.
<In my movie trailer voice>
"In a year where every NFL defense is bad, there is one that may just be the worst, and that team hails from Big D but really, they have No D..."

Sorry, just had to. :laugh:

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
What defense is better? I keep asking this. And dont answer with a team that played some bum qb.
Hey man if you can't see how bad this defense is then I'm not sure somebody telling you will change your mind. I just know that there is simply no way a pro caliber defense is suppose to have as many flat out coverage bust or wide open WR's that this team has had the first 3 games.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Defense is 25th in yards allowed, 30th in points allowed, 30th in takeaways - yes, it's that bad.

that's the 2014 Atlanta Falcons defense...

who could have been the DC for Atlanta that year.....

8/

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Hey man if you can't see how bad this defense is then I'm not sure somebody telling you will change your mind. I just know that there is simply no way a pro caliber defense is suppose to have as many flat out coverage bust or wide open WR's that this team has had the first 3 games.
I just asked a simple question. Our d is bad I asked is it any different than most other teams. Can you name one team not named Baltimore?

Carson

Reaction score
Lol. So, just always have the lead and the defense will never be a problem? Sounds about right. Dallas has a defense that's built to be an afterthought
My point was simply they did not invest in this side as they thought we would be an offensive juggernaut. I highly doubt they anticipated us trailing pretty much the entire game for 3 games lol

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I just asked a simple question. Our d is bad I asked is it any different than most other teams. Can you name one team not named Baltimore?
Buffalo has a pretty good unit and so does Pittsburgh but like I said you're seeing what you want to see you won't find anyone in the world who would say our unit is not bad bro. I get it you're a fan heck we all are but bad is bad anyway you slice it. If there wasn't the injury bug I would say SF has a good defense too.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny how Dak-stans are completely ignoring Josh Allen lighting up the league, with 10 TDs and 1 INT in his third year with Cole Beasley as their second best WR. The guy Dak-stans were saying is one of the reasons for Dak scrubbing, because “he couldn’t get open”.. and a bottom of the barrel rushing attack that threatens nobody..

Hoofbite

Reaction score
My point was simply they did not invest in this side as they thought we would be an offensive juggernaut. I highly doubt they anticipated us trailing pretty much the entire game for 3 games lol

They've invested plenty. They may have invested poorly, but half their 1st round picks over the past 4 years have been defensive players. Also 3 of 4 of their 2nd round picks.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Buffalo has a pretty good unit and so does Pittsburgh but like I said you're seeing what you want to see you won't find anyone in the world who would say our unit is not bad bro. I get it you're a fan heck we all are but bad is bad anyway you slice it. If there wasn't the injury bug I would say SF has a good defense too.
We played the Rams much better than Buffalo. They gave up 28 to the Miami Dolphins lol. Pittsburgh hasnt played anybody but I will give them credit for playing well against Watson same as I gave Baltimore credit. We'll see more about Baltimore tonight and Pittsburgh when they play a team with a decent overall offense. Giants and Broncos arent good. Im not saying what I'm saying because I'm a fan. Our defense sucks...............I'm just saying other defenses on supposed super bowl contenders sucks too

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Funny how Dak-stans are completely ignoring Josh Allen lighting up the league, with 10 TDs and 1 INT in his third year with Cole Beasley as their second best WR. The guy Dak-stans were saying is one of the reasons for Dak scrubbing, because “he couldn’t get open”.. and a bottom of the barrel rushing attack that threatens nobody..
Buffalo has a good wr group and Beasley isnt their second best wr lol. But this thread isn't about Dak so relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.