Video: Is the end near for Tony Romo?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
to start with a cyst is NOT a back injury. So he has not had multiple back injuries. This so called article whatever is a perfect example of the garbage that passes for so called sports journalism today

Good job Berm.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I seriously doubt his first back surgery was a "cyst" removal. I think that was a cover up. And this is from someone who is a TOTAL Tony Romo fan. I have said numerous times on this board that if we had 52 other playmakers like Romo...we would have won a Super Bowl by now. In fact...if you recall...Aikman predicted Romo would win multiple Super Bowls. Of course that is just one man's opinion. But I think AIkman made that statement based on the talent and playmaking ability he saw in Romo. And truth be told...2007 will ALWAYS be a year this organization and knowledgeable Cowboy fans will wonder "what if". This entire organization..from the top down...would look a whole lot different...had we capitalized on that opportunity. If you go back and read/listen to the Giants after they won the Super Bowl that year....many of them are on record saying Dallas was the toughest opponent they faced that postseason. But I digress.....

and you have nothing to prove it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We've seen the same BS from Romo for 8 years. I think we have the right to hate Romo as a player by now. You damn right I don't like Romo and I have 8 years of disappointment to show for.

yawn.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I didn't see anything wrong in the video. I think Romo only has 2 or 3 years left. Nobody expected Aikman to fall off so quickly in 2000. It took the organization by surprise. The same thing is happening this time. We aren't prepared for when the end comes.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I hope not, not only because he's my favorite player, but because this team will really hit rock bottom. You think we suck with Romo? You think 8-8 is terrible for the past 3 years? Romo is easily a top 10 QB who has been a quality franchise QB, yet we still can't manage to win a weak division. Unless we get incredibly lucky with a QB, Dallas would be in the same state as the Bills, Jaguars, Browns, etc;

Careful what some of you wish for, because you just might get it sooner then later ... And it won't be a good thing. I know some think we will just spend a high draft pick on a QB and everything will be all good and dandy, but it doesn't always work like that. Just look around at the bottom of the barrel teams, some of them have been searching for a starting QB for 5-10 years. If that happens to us, you can kiss all of our promising young talent good bye because it will be wasted.

Best case scenario is if Romo continues playing at a high level for 3-4 more years giving us time to mold the QB we want, while also rebuilding the defense from the ground up.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I find it so funny that people hang on every word that comes from the media and then they get super cereal mad about something they disagree with. This is why I refuse to watch ESPN anymore. I watch games and make my own mind up by what I see and not some pencil pusher who couldn't lift 4 pounds if he wanted to.

Yeah because I'm sure you are above these guys reporting and are a world class athlete....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Not sure why it would make anyone mad.

It is just a guy giving his opinion and predictions about a player.

He is not belittling the player or the team in that clip...only person he belittled is Jerry and if anyone deserves it is jerry from time to time but even his take was not much of a belittling IMO.

Romo has had back to back...back injuries. There have been reports on issues with his deep ball in practice. He is getting up there in age for a starting NFL QB.

So nothing really far fetched there.

He is not screaming like a loon (ala Stephen A Smith) or speculating on the QBs sexual preferences (ala Skip) so I don't really understand why someone would be mad at that clip.

Seemed pretty straight forward and reasonable assumptions to me. More of a Captain Obvious prediction vs an attention seeking, look at me, wild prediction out of left field.

In other words...

Meh

Also, he had a significant shoulder injury in there.

IMO the only chance Romo and the Cowboys have of EVER getting to and winning a Super Bowl is the John Elway-way.

Run the ball, run it effectively. Have a decent defense. Only call on Romo for two things: 1. Make good decisions and 2. to "make a play" when needed.

Bingo! Super Bowl win - the THE EL-WAY!

DFWJC

Reaction score
I hope not, not only because he's my favorite player, but because this team will really hit rock bottom. You think we suck with Romo? You think 8-8 is terrible for the past 3 years? Romo is easily a top 10 QB who has been a quality franchise QB, yet we still can't manage to win a weak division. Unless we get incredibly lucky with a QB, Dallas would be in the same state as the Bills, Jaguars, Browns, etc;

Careful what some of you wish for, because you just might get it sooner then later ... And it won't be a good thing. I know some think we will just spend a high draft pick on a QB and everything will be all good and dandy, but it doesn't always work like that. Just look around at the bottom of the barrel teams, some of them have been searching for a starting QB for 5-10 years. If that happens to us, you can kiss all of our promising young talent good bye because it will be wasted.

Best case scenario is if Romo continues playing at a high level for 3-4 more years giving us time to mold the QB we want, while also rebuilding the defense from the ground up.

I'll miss him when his time's up but with all the online rebuilding and depth at WR, I think the next QB that comes in will have it made compared to what Tony had for several years.

It's a shame really. It may turn out that they really wasted the potentially best years of his career.

cmoney23

Reaction score
We've seen the same BS from Romo for 8 years. I think we have the right to hate Romo as a player by now. You damn right I don't like Romo and I have 8 years of disappointment to show for.

Sorry Bud, but thats just dumb... :(

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Adding to mein QB concerns is that Weeden, who i don't think be the future anyway, is . . . 31?

Damn, here I was thinking he was in his mid 20s. But athlete kids get out of college these days at age 22 or 23 and he's been in the league four several years so I guess it add up.

Wood

Reaction score
I thought it was as down to earth clip. Didn't see any hate there.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Adding to mein QB concerns is that Weeden, who i don't think be the future anyway, is . . . 31?

Damn, here I was thinking he was in his mid 20s. But athlete kids get out of college these days at age 22 or 23 and he's been in the league four several years so I guess it add up.

true but if by some miracle he does develope he has very little wear on his tires

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Laughenberg said this a few months ago. That this is the beginning of the end.

I am not a back surgeon - although I played one on a soap opera once.

So I have no opinion other than to think the body wears out because of this sport, and does so quickly sometimes.

****I'd prefer Romo be here for a few years and bring his A game. I believe the Jones boys will put together a defense next year bold enough to get into the top ten.

I'd like to see a mature Romo who is clearly in charge of an offense which is top flight have a defense who can get the ball back for him without relinquishing points.

A great deal of debates and arguments would be settled if he had all the components other top flight QB's have. One way or the other.

But he has to be healthy enough to play at a level he has shown in the past.

Does he have that in him?

I am not a back surgeon - although I played one on a soap opera once.

****The real shame is I have to bold this portion of my comments because there are those who still want to argue with me about my feelings for Romo. I fear they will ignore this too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm old. It must be true. I can remember when a story was printed or broadcasted where only facts were given to the listening or viewing public. When a newspaper or news station decided to include their personal insight or opinion, they prefaced or titled the article or broadcast as an editorial or paid/unpaid commentary. Nowadays, you got a website, gather facts, toss in some speculation, add a smigden of vocal emphasis, and presto! You got yourself a written, audio, or visual report that is essentially entertainment news.

I'm an old fogey. Boring while enlightening was news enough for me. Still, I do respect an ex-lawyer who can morph the final jury summation presentation into an effectively attractive method of disseminating filtered information to his audience. The guy even has a studio in his house for producing interview slots and videos! Good stuff. :)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm old. It must be true. I can remember when a story was printed or broadcasted where only facts were given to the listening or viewing public. When a newspaper or news station decided to include their personal insight or opinion, they prefaced or titled the article or broadcast as an editorial or paid/unpaid commentary. Nowadays, you got a website, gather facts, toss in some speculation, add a smigden of vocal emphasis, and presto! You got yourself a written, audio, or visual report that is essentially entertainment news.

I'm an old fogey. Boring while enlightening was news enough for me. Still, I do respect an ex-lawyer who can morph the final jury summation presentation into an effectively attractive method of disseminating filtered information to his audience. The guy even has a studio in his house for producing interview slots and videos! Good stuff. :)

I am old as well.

There was a day when the beat writers were "just the facts, ma'am." The featured writers, like Sherrod, and the rest gave opinions as the point of their articles.

So what has changed?

The internet, which is what your point was, I believe.

But what it has effected is the message boards where there is such a thing as game film now available.

And anyone with the price of admission is now a commentator on football.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
With age comes wisdom. Or something like that. I think it's experience but oh well.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
an opinion that actually has some factual support is one thing; stupid hatred is another

Together we kin fight stupid hatred (quite redundant) and all other stuff you and I hate. And thanks for the fruit basket i shared it with the pretty nurses.