Is there a Collins pick this year?

conner01

Reaction score
I think they would be a little gun shy on taking a chance on Randy Gregory 2.0...at least they should be until the NFL changes the NO TLC for THC rules.
That may very well be
But 5-7 rnds I have no problem taking risk
It’s the top of the draft where I like to play it safe

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Never mind on that. Just did research and it was from a few years ago. When I read it the other day I thought it was from this years combine.

Yeah Rueben Foster failed a pee test before, during or after the combine last year. He blamed something else but has since proven he's Trouble with a possession charge in January and a DV charge in February. He was sitting there when we picked Taco and I remember fans saying we should have taken him. Wrong! The 49'ers can have that Trouble

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah Rueben Foster failed a pee test before, during or after the combine last year. He blamed something else but has since proven he's Trouble with a possession charge in January and a DV charge in February. He was sitting there when we picked Taco and I remember fans saying we should have taken him. Wrong! The 49'ers can have that Trouble
Yeah. We dodged a bullet on that one. Hoping JJ does his homework now on his gambles.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I could see us taking a chance on a LB Jack Chichy from Wisconsin.
Good LB when healthy but he has had some health issues the last couple of years.

There is a WR Named Antonio Callaway who has great talent and ability but has had many off the fields issues.

Also a pretty good DB out of Maryland named JC Jackson that has had off the field issues as well.

Any three of those might make a team and be steals if they check out and keep out of trouble...if they are not flagged by a team.

However I don't think any of those players are the Caliber of player that Collins was coming out since he was seen as a first rounder by most.

That's my guy.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Matthew Thomas seems like the best call and then of course there are two guys that got injured in workouts so they are definitely on the list to draft.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That Collins pickup all belongs to Booger, he recruited him just as college coaches do, through his Momma. Damned smart way to do it. And if you missed it, Booger's emotional response in the pc with Collins' Mom there was really nice. It wasn't fake, he felt for her and her son and they felt it. That's one time having the owner as the GM really paid off and Booger's track record with players, particularly African-American, a little out of the ordinary or just flat out in trouble is unmatched as far as giving chances.

You think Collins' Mom wasn't aware of the second chance he gave to Brent at the request of Brown's Mom? I didn't like it at the time and still don't but I am not a forgiving and understanding Mom.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I just hope and pray we stay away from first round talent that falls into the second round due to injury or off the field issues.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Collins was a red flag only because of circumstance. As far as I know, he hadn't been in any trouble really.

Callaway, Key, a few others, and a Tackle that's supposed to go in 2-3 have all had red flags all over the place. They may have talent but I'm just avoiding the headache altogether.

So many members were ruing Foster and look what happened.

Reaction score
Idk man Broaddus said a lot of his league guys said he’s off their boards completely. We just better not take him at 50 if he’s there I’m all for it if he’s avail late though

Maybe so, but no medical recheck has been ordered by the combine. That's usually a sign the player is OK

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We already have a bunch of guys who dropped in the draft due to various concerns - Sean Lee (nagging injuries), Jaylon Smith (severe injury), David Irving (character issues), Randy Gregory (drug issues).

Notice how we're hesitant to build around any of these guys? Usually guys drop for a reason...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Idk man Broaddus said a lot of his league guys said he’s off their boards completely. We just better not take him at 50 if he’s there I’m all for it if he’s avail late though

After this basketball player just dying from a heart condition and then Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis, dont think I would take a flyer on him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hear Sam Darnold is wanted in Columbia in connection with Pablo Escobar's grandson's operations.

He may go undrafted.

Otherwise, don't know of anyone.

He's got bust written all over him anyway imo.