Is There Any Scenario You Envision Welcoming Garrett Back as HC?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The scenario where you have no choice? Didn’t Jerry say he could be the longest tenured coach in Dallas history?

pansophy

Reaction score
Winning a Super Bowl is the only way.

I don't hate Garrett, but it's time for a change if this team again comes up short. I think 2014 and 2016 were JG's best chances but they fell by the wayside for various reasons.

Having said that, the Cowboys were the youngest of the 12 teams to make the playoffs last year, so logic suggests they'll only get better. At least, that's my hope.
But who do you get that is willing to do what Garrett does with Jones? He’ll never hire another Parcells — he only did it to get a stadium. The players have never quit on him which is more than Campo and Wade could say.

If Dak and the offense take the next step I think he stays no matter what — unless Stephen is really taking over.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
not in 2013
not in 2014
not in 2015
not in 2016
not in 2017
not in 2018
not in 2019
not in 2020

Number1

Reaction score
Dude J. Coop broke his leg his rookie year and hasn’t been the same since. He’s a replacement level starter that’s been on 2 teams since we let him go and now 6 teams in his 7 year career. Sounds like someone you’d like to keep right?

Also why are you so obsessed with Johnathan Cooper? Lmao you might be the first poster I’ve seen pound the table for journeyman J. Coop. You’re hilarious lol

he's better than what we have

817Gill

Reaction score
he's better than what we have
Lol no. I’d bet a million dollars Connor Williams won’t be on 6 teams in 7 years lmao you’d be a terrible NFL GM. We got team journeyman over here lmao

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As long as there’s not a clearly better option available and the team plays hard, he should be back.

I think we have another good season and he signs another long extension unless Sean Payton comes available.
The “team plays hard” should not be the reason to keep a head coach after a decade on the job.

Standards should be a little bit higher bro.

At some point you have to actually win something besides a Wildcard game every 3-4 years. The NFL is a results oriented business and just “playing hard” doesn’t cut it.

Steven Jones wanting Garrett to get the team over the hump is a fair ask after a decade on the job, don’t you agree?

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
SJ and JJ have both made it clear in the media that the team needs to take a step forward in order for Garrett to be back. This might all be conjecture but if we take them at their word, what would JG have to do to be welcomed back by the fans? NFCCG appearance, NFC Title, SB appearance, SB win, or nothing at all?

Does it have to do more with how the team looks or how far they go?

Personally, he would have to win a SB for me to feel like he deserves to be back. What do y’all think?

Superbowl win is the only way.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If this team can advance into the NFC Championship game and show overall improvement then of course. I think some have been hating so long it has become personal for them.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The “team plays hard” should not be the reason to keep a head coach after a decade on the job.

Standards should be a little bit higher bro.

At some point you have to actually win something besides a Wildcard game every 3-4 years. The NFL is a results oriented business and just “playing hard” doesn’t cut it.

Steven Jones wanting Garrett to get the team over the hump is a fair ask after a decade on the job, don’t you agree?

It’s not the reason to keep him. But losing it would be a reason to let him go.

We haven’t been stuck at the hump because of coaching. At some point you guys have to start seeing the organizational issues for what they are. We’ve made a lot of progress organizationally since Garrett’s been coach. We’re not one of the top organizations in the league yet.

LittleD

Reaction score
If I was Jerry for a day the answers would all start with N.... None, Never & No chance.

BillyBates

Reaction score
Garrett is like Texas size herpies once yawl got um, yawl stuck with um.
th

Big_D

Reaction score
My only fear is that if JJ fires Garrett, he'll go after Jeff Fisher or some other retread so he can feel 'comfortable' is his waning years.

As long as he's not here 15 years. That leash will be much shorter moving forward no matter who they bring in. This current situation sucks. And I know Fisher wasn't the greatest.. still better than Garrett.

InTheZone

Reaction score
seen enough from him to know whatever 1 game success he may have in the playoffs is simply a fraud. And I'm going to get real tired soon of getting new assistants and coordinators when it should be JG that goes. And we already know Stephen won't step down and even if he did Jerry won't allow anyone outside the family to be in charge of the HC.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
watch the playoff last season. Big Time coaches made many mistakes. Look what happened to the Saints not just because of that one call. Until Jason loses the locker room he's still the guy

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do we really want some leftover fired used up head coach. Innovation new blood or nothing

Number1

Reaction score
Lol no. I’d bet a million dollars Connor Williams won’t be on 6 teams in 7 years lmao you’d be a terrible NFL GM. We got team journeyman over here lmao

Are you saying you agree with starting Connor last year?
really? :)

817Gill

Reaction score
Are you saying you agree with starting Connor last year?
really? :)
What I’m saying is what NFL executives have said 6 times lol. J. Coop ain’t good enough. Sorry about your mancrush being a JAG lol.

Also I don’t think anyone is that upset at the G situation from last year lol we didn’t lose cause of our guard play. Funny how C Will’s highest graded game came against the Rams in the playoff loss, I think he went against some guys named Suh and Donald but idk might not have been them.