Is There Any Scenario You Envision Welcoming Garrett Back as HC?

Fire407

Reaction score
But who do you get that is willing to do what Garrett does with Jones? He’ll never hire another Parcells — he only did it to get a stadium. The players have never quit on him which is more than Campo and Wade could say.

If Dak and the offense take the next step I think he stays no matter what — unless Stephen is really taking over.
Its a lie perpetrated on this forum that the "players never quit on him." They totally quit on him in the Colts game last season, and many other times over the past 8 years. They only "quit" on Wade in the Packers game in 2010. The other games in 2010 Wade's defense had the Cowboys in good situations to win, but the awful OC couldn't get the offense to score enough or even hang on to the ball in many cases. Maybe Wade should have been fired since he was ultimately responsible for the record, but Garrett should have been fired right along with him!

Number1

Reaction score
What I’m saying is what NFL executives have said 6 times lol. J. Coop ain’t good enough. Sorry about your mancrush being a JAG lol.

Also I don’t think anyone is that upset at the G situation from last year lol we didn’t lose cause of our guard play. Funny how C Will’s highest graded game came against the Rams in the playoff loss, I think he went against some guys named Suh and Donald but idk might not have been them.

Suh and Donald pushed CW around ... but it may have been his best game, it wasn't as bad as what Cox or Allen did to him
the only reason he played vs LA was Xavier was injured - he was not NFL OG ready, quick feat, but weak

football is won / lost in the trenches - this D allows 270 on the ground vs LA because our interior DL and OL were out manned,
and you pretend CW played well (as a back up) and want to spend major cap on a 30 yo injured ET
* now there's irrational obsession and multiple crushes, or are you just ignorant of the game and like saying childish stuff? *

our whole interior OL was shut down, they couldn't get Zeke 50y in a divisional playoff game, because they were manhandled, no power

note, if we had the likes of Suh or Donald it might have mattered if we had a ball hawk FS, Goff only had to make one play, and that with his feet

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depressing fact of the day: since the Cowboys last won the Super Bowl in January 1996, they are one of only three teams (Lions and Commanders are the others) not to reach the NFC Championship Game.
OMG... the other two will win before we do.

817Gill

Reaction score
Suh and Donald pushed CW around ... but it may have been his best game, it wasn't as bad as what Cox or Allen did to him
the only reason he played vs LA was Xavier was injured - he was not NFL OG ready, quick feat, but weak

football is won / lost in the trenches - this D allows 270 on the ground vs LA because our interior DL and OL were out manned,
and you pretend CW played well (as a back up) and want to spend major cap on a 30 yo injured ET
* now there's irrational obsession and multiple crushes, or are you just ignorant of the game and like saying childish stuff? *

our whole interior OL was shut down, they couldn't get Zeke 50y in a divisional playoff game, because they were manhandled, no power

note, if we had the likes of Suh or Donald it might have mattered if we had a ball hawk FS, Goff only had to make one play, and that with his feet
You sir are a clown

I’ll take someone who watched the film all season over random J.Coop guy over here

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/star-evaluation-how-williams-fared-vs-donald

SAY IT WITH ME : JOHNATHAN COOPER IS TRASH

6 teams 7 years pipe down bud

408Cowboy

Reaction score
My stance for the last few years has been advancing to the NFC Championship Game. I'm not going to change it now.

Fire407

Reaction score
Jason Garrett will never be fired. Despite what Jerry says, he knows that Jason will never be offered another HC job, so he will help Jason save face by making a position for him in the FO. Maybe even GM one day. As much as I am going to hate to see it, I will be happier than I am seeing JG on the sideline every week.

Number1

Reaction score
You sir are a clown

I’ll take someone who watched the film all season over random J.Coop guy over here

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/star-evaluation-how-williams-fared-vs-donald

SAY IT WITH ME : JOHNATHAN COOPER IS TRASH

6 teams 7 years pipe down bud

so you didn't watch the games and defer to Eatman and BB the x-scout (JJ's tools) for an opinion - not that you'd understand it if you did watch

pitiful - must be a UT drop out, a loser among losers - can't even understand what you read, do you think that article was a compliment?

"The best thing that happened to Williams that the knee injury he suffered during the season allowed him to sit back, collect his thoughts and get some weight room work in because he was a different player for the better once that happened."

"Williams had a tough time with some of the bigger defensive tackles and after he had a knee injury, he didn’t get his job back from Xavier Su’a-Filo when he was healthy. It took an ankle injury from Su’a-Filo to get Williams back in the lineup."

like you - he was not NFL ready - but he'll likely grow - you seem stuck

Diehardblues

Reaction score
SJ and JJ have both made it clear in the media that the team needs to take a step forward in order for Garrett to be back. This might all be conjecture but if we take them at their word, what would JG have to do to be welcomed back by the fans? NFCCG appearance, NFC Title, SB appearance, SB win, or nothing at all?

Does it have to do more with how the team looks or how far they go?

Personally, he would have to win a SB for me to feel like he deserves to be back. What do y’all think?
I’m not sure how clear they’ve made it? They didn’t specifically define their meaning. Sounds more like they’re simply promoting hope.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
SJ and JJ have both made it clear in the media that the team needs to take a step forward in order for Garrett to be back. This might all be conjecture but if we take them at their word, what would JG have to do to be welcomed back by the fans? NFCCG appearance, NFC Title, SB appearance, SB win, or nothing at all?

Does it have to do more with how the team looks or how far they go?

Personally, he would have to win a SB for me to feel like he deserves to be back. What do y’all think?

The fact that this guy has no stones is enough reason not to bring him back period. I mean for God sakes Jerry told Kellen Moore of all people to give him a ring if Garrett starts talking ****.

Silly

Reaction score
I don't think he has to win any thing in particular. He stays If Dallas plays a dominating season and then is booted out of the playoffs in a tough game. On the other hand, He or Moore is gone if Jerry has to burn another 1st round pick and the defense is gutted in a playoff loss.

basel90

Reaction score
Depressing fact of the day: since the Cowboys last won the Super Bowl in January 1996, they are one of only three teams (Lions and Commanders are the others) not to reach the NFC Championship Game.
Very sad indeed . My guess is Jerry is making most of the decisions on players and assistants , and even schemes . This micro management means he cannot judge or assess Jason at the end of each year , due to the micro management style . It is a vicious cycle for rhe fans . Fun for Jerry to sit and play and get the thrills, attention , radio shows , but without accountability about bad feild results . It is a game to Jerry . And as he said , he has not actually fealt like he worked for the past 30 years .

817Gill

Reaction score
so you didn't watch the games and defer to Eatman and BB the x-scout (JJ's tools) for an opinion - not that you'd understand it if you did watch

pitiful - must be a UT drop out, a loser among losers - can't even understand what you read, do you think that article was a compliment?

"The best thing that happened to Williams that the knee injury he suffered during the season allowed him to sit back, collect his thoughts and get some weight room work in because he was a different player for the better once that happened."

"Williams had a tough time with some of the bigger defensive tackles and after he had a knee injury, he didn’t get his job back from Xavier Su’a-Filo when he was healthy. It took an ankle injury from Su’a-Filo to get Williams back in the lineup."

like you - he was not NFL ready - but he'll likely grow - you seem stuck
Johnathan Cooper sucks

sean10mm

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl he will be rehabilitated in the eyes of 99.9% of Cowboys fans, let's be real here. He'll be lionized as the second coming of Bill Cowher, or at least Jon Gruden.

That said, anything less than a Super Bowl win is going to leave a lot of people who just want him to go away forever. Andy Reid did way better on the Eagles than Garrett has done on the Cowboys, and even with a super bowl appearance Philly fans were ready for him to go away forever. I expect Cowboys fans to act similarly if Garrett fizzles out in the playoffs yet again (assuming he doesn't go 8-8 instead.)

John813

Reaction score
I know what is like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, but to fail nonetheless. I ask you to what end? Dread it? Run from it? Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it’s here. Or should I say, I am?
-Garrett on returning in 2020 with a new extension.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Transfer his brain with Bill Belichick's and then he can stay as long as he wants.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It’s not the reason to keep him. But losing it would be a reason to let him go.

We haven’t been stuck at the hump because of coaching. At some point you guys have to start seeing the organizational issues for what they are. We’ve made a lot of progress organizationally since Garrett’s been coach. We’re not one of the top organizations in the league yet.

Then if coaching is not an issue and Garrett is doing a wonderful job, why no extension?

Why is Steven Jones telling the media (and the fans) that Garrett needs to get the team over the hump if coaching is not an issue?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m not sure how clear they’ve made it? They didn’t specifically define their meaning. Sounds more like they’re simply promoting hope.

Stephen Jones said that there is nobody in the world that wants Garrett to be the head coach of the Cowboys more than him, but Garrett (and everybody else) has their backs against the wall and needs to build upon last season get this young team over the hump...….The fans deserve it.

That is almost a word for word quote from Steven...………..seems crystal clear to me Steven expects to be better in 2019 or else.