Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
I'd take Lamb over all of those guys. Because Lamb knows our offense and has a rapport with our quarterback.

If you guys are looking for offensive weapons why not pound the table for Turpin to get more reps. How many guys on that list are faster than Turpin? Or more elusive than Turpin?

And I know what you all are going to say. Turpin can't handle the load. I can't OBJ with his injury history.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
You guys need to chill out and do some research. CeeDee Lamb was drafted as a just turned 21 year old rookie. He is not even 1/2 way through his third year. Compare his stats through 2 years to some of the great WRs in football, past and present. You can start with Devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins since they are 2 of the better ones on your list. Let me know what you find out.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Keenan Allen???? Who is he? I watch a lot of games I dont remember seeing him.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I'd take Lamb over all of those guys. Because Lamb knows our offense and has a rapport with our quarterback.

If you guys are looking for offensive weapons why not pound the table for Turpin to get more reps. How many guys on that list are faster than Turpin? Or more elusive than Turpin?

And I know what you all are going to say. Turpin can't handle the load. I can't OBJ with his injury history.
He has rapport but yet it's been over a year since he's had a 100 yard receiving game. Lamb is not an elite number one receiver

Jarntt

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

I definitely take him over Jordan Jefferson :p

Are we counting salary? If so I take him over most of them.
Are we counting age? If so I take him over most of them.

If you are asking who he is better than in 2022, I’d say (IMO of course) St Brown, Moore, Allen, Evans real close (put CeeDee with Brady and he’d be better). Hopkins I can’t say because I haven’t seen him since his injuries and suspension, Waddle is a toss up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You guys need to chill out and do some research. CeeDee Lamb was drafted as a just turned 21 year old rookie. He is not even 1/2 way through his third year. Compare his stats through 2 years to some of the great WRs in football, past and present. You can start with Devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins since they are 2 of the better ones on your list. Let me know what you find out.

Yea, it’s so weird to me how many fans on here think Lamb is not good.

He had over 2K yards in his first 2 seasons and he’s still so young…it blows my mind how many people are talking about letting him go and how he’s a bust.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

I approve of this message :)

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He has rapport but yet it's been over a year since he's had a 100 yard receiving game. Lamb is not an elite number one receiver
Do stats make a player elite? Because, I keep seeing Lambs stat line, it's like 5 receptions for 85 yards on seven targets. And that's why I don't understand when people say Lamb is not elite. Three more targets a game would result in two more catches a game. And those two catches would bring his yardage total up to around 100 yards. The lack of targets lead to the lack of 100 yards games. So how is that Lamb's fault? Cooper complained about the same thing when he was here...not enough targets.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Of course not, but he would still command attention and help open the offense. He would help draw attention from CeeDee and Gallup.

Exactly. Signing OBJ would give the Cowboys another complementary weapon in the passing game that opponents would have to pay more attention to than, say, Noah Brown or Jalen Tolbert. I'm not under any delusions about getting a prime OBJ, but at this point in his career he is still better than our current WR 3 and 4.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

You’re right, but I also think Lamb deserves more than three games being WR1 when QB1 is playing.

CD has concentration problems at times, and also may have fallen victim to being anointed a bit early, but he is very talented.

Let’s be a little more patient.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Do stats make a player elite? Because, I keep seeing Lambs stat line, it's like 5 receptions for 85 yards on seven targets. And that's why I don't understand when people say Lamb is not elite. Three more targets a game would result in two more catches a game. And those two catches would bring his yardage total up to around 100 yards. The lack of targets lead to the lack of 100 yards games. So how is that Lamb's fault? Cooper complained about the same thing when he was here...not enough targets.

It’s always a combination of reasons, but receiver’s ability to separate should always be a big one, particularly if the offense is running as if he’s the primary.

Elite receivers don’t just have 100 yard receiving games, they have monster games sporadically as well. 150 yards, 200 yards. They often have to make their own stats with yards after catch and broken tackles. so it’s not just that CeeDee has a rare streak of under 100 yard games going, that also precludes him from having really big games as well. He has 0 career 10 catch games. Did you know that? How many other guys on that list do you think have 0 of those?

We can say it’s kellen Moore’s fault or it’s Dak’s fault or it’s McCarthy’s fault… but do you really believe CeeDee is in the 32nd best situation for a #1 WR in the NFL? That every other player has it good except for him? At why point do we accept that you can’t make a great player out of excuses? If he were a 4th round pick, would these excuses still stick? Is he solely living off his draft status at this point?

He’s a good player, but the nfl is a show-me league. Took awhile for people to see Amari as anything but an Alabama first round WR. It’ll wear off for CeeDee too if he doesn’t at least outplay Gallup.

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
He was very early in his career, but he’s missed 3 games the last 5 years combined
He’s been hurt all year this year. He’s played what, 2 or 3 games!

And even when he plays he’s often questionable and nursing an injury