Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It’s always a combination of reasons, but receiver’s ability to separate should always be a big one, particularly if the offense is running as if he’s the primary.

Elite receivers don’t just have 100 yard receiving games, they have monster games sporadically as well. 150 yards, 200 yards. They often have to make their own stats with yards after catch and broken tackles.

so it’s not just that CeeDee has a rare streak of under 100 yard games going, that also precludes him from having really big games as well. He has 0 career 10 catch games. Did you know that? How many other guys on that list do you think have 0 of those? We can say it’s kellen Moore’s fault or it’s Dak’s fault or it’s McCarthy’s fault… but do you really believe CeeDee is in the 32nd best situation for a #1 WR in the NFL. That every other player has it good except for him?

At why point do we accept that you can’t make a great player out of excuses? If he were a 4th round pick, would these excuses still stick? Is he solely living off his draft status at this point?

He’s a good player, but the nfl is a show-me league. Took awhile for people to see Amari as anything but an Alabama first round WR. It’ll wear off for CeeDee too if he doesn’t at least outplay Gallup.
Does the history of Dak and Moore say the same? How many times have Cooper had a ten catch game with Dak and Moore? How many 100 yard streaks did Cooper have with Dak and Moore? To me these guys just don't seem to bother with targeting a #1 WR like most. But I'll have to check into it a little more.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
St. Brown? :laugh::laugh:

This fanbase never ceases to amaze me

Btw, besides St. Brown, Jefferson, Chase, Brown, and Waddle, all of those guys are vets that have been in the league considerably longer than Ceedee.

Now compare their numbers in their 3rd year to Ceedees. Only Hopkins, Evans, and maybe Kupp had better numbers in year 3. Hopkins and Evans are future HOFers

cnuball21

Reaction score
It’s always a combination of reasons, but receiver’s ability to separate should always be a big one, particularly if the offense is running as if he’s the primary.

Elite receivers don’t just have 100 yard receiving games, they have monster games sporadically as well. 150 yards, 200 yards. They often have to make their own stats with yards after catch and broken tackles. so it’s not just that CeeDee has a rare streak of under 100 yard games going, that also precludes him from having really big games as well. He has 0 career 10 catch games. Did you know that? How many other guys on that list do you think have 0 of those?

We can say it’s kellen Moore’s fault or it’s Dak’s fault or it’s McCarthy’s fault… but do you really believe CeeDee is in the 32nd best situation for a #1 WR in the NFL? That every other player has it good except for him? At why point do we accept that you can’t make a great player out of excuses? If he were a 4th round pick, would these excuses still stick? Is he solely living off his draft status at this point?

He’s a good player, but the nfl is a show-me league. Took awhile for people to see Amari as anything but an Alabama first round WR. It’ll wear off for CeeDee too if he doesn’t at least outplay Gallup.

Yards are also dictated by volume. This is the first year he’s getting the lead in targets but we’re not a pass happy team at all this year.

So if Lamb has 70+ yards a game and is around 1100+ yards making plays when we called upon and we keep winning does it matter how many 100 yard games he has?

Kupp is a stud, but he also gets an absurd amount of targets d they’ve been losing all year so airing it out.

Gotta have perspective.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Elite receivers don’t just have 100 yard receiving games, they have monster games sporadically as well. 150 yards, 200 yards. They often have to make their own stats with yards after catch and broken tackles. so it’s not just that CeeDee has a rare streak of under 100 yard games going, that also precludes him from having really big games as well. He has 0 career 10 catch games. Did you know that? How many other guys on that list do you think have 0 of those?

We can say it’s kellen Moore’s fault or it’s Dak’s fault or it’s McCarthy’s fault… but do you really believe CeeDee is in the 32nd best situation for a #1 WR in the NFL? That every other player has it good except for him? At why point do we accept that you can’t make a great player out of excuses? If he were a 4th round pick, would these excuses still stick? Is he solely living off his draft status at this point?

Devonta Smith has 1 10 reception game and 3 100yd games so far in his career.

He had more 100 yd games up to the point where Devonta Smith is in his career right now

Worry about your own team’s players

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Does the history of Dak and Moore say the same? How many times have Cooper had a ten catch game with Dak and Moore? How many 100 yard streaks did Cooper have with Dak and Moore? To me these guys just don't seem to bother with targeting a #1 WR like most. But I'll have to check into it a little more.

Maybe a better question is how much better do you believe Cooper is than Lamb?

Would Tyreek Hill only have 1100 yards in Dallas?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yards are also dictated by volume. This is the first year he’s getting the lead in targets but we’re not a pass happy team at all this year.

So if Lamb has 70+ yards a game and is around 1100+ yards making plays when we called upon and we keep winning does it matter how many 100 yard games he has?

Kupp is a stud, but he also gets an absurd amount of targets d they’ve been losing all year so airing it out.

Gotta have perspective.

And on that 1100+ yard season, is that “elite”? Gallup once did that in a 16 game season as not the primary target. Does this even show Lamb can outproduce Gallup?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Devonta Smith has 1 10 reception game and 3 100yd games so far in his career.

He had more 100 yd games up to the point where Devonta Smith is in his career right now

Worry about your own team’s players

And Devonta is firmly entrenched as our #2; could you imagine how ridiculous a thread it would be to claim he was anything than what he has shown? Yet with CeeDee he is some special player if weren’t for the myriad of circumstances trying to hold him back.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown
A few of these are debatable I guess but, bruh, D-Hop?! You need to get back in here and defend that one! I'd trade all our receivers and the 1st pick in the draft for Hopkins lol

cnuball21

Reaction score
And on that 1100+ yard season, is that “elite”? Gallup once did that in a 16 game season as not the primary target. Does this even show Lamb can outproduce Gallup?

Not elite, but with the context I provided Id say he’s trending that direction and will be playing like a true #1 WR.

I reserve elite for like the top 3-5 players at the position.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A few of these are debatable I guess but, bruh, D-Hop?! You need to get back in here and defend that one! I'd trade all our receivers and the 1st pick in the draft for Hopkins lol

Are you saying he’s much better than CeeDee or not close?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And Devonta is firmly entrenched as our #2
Not the point

When he was drafted #10 overall, the thought wasnt about him being a WR2. How about letting players blossom and stop boxing them in so early in their career.

Ceedee, in his 3rd season, is outperforming a lot of those “elite” WRs in their 3rd seasons.

You can cherry-pick “100 yd games” and “10 catch” games all you want. Meanwhile, your team’s WR1 has 4 games with over 10 catches and none of them came this season.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Considering I said I'd trade all our receivers and a 1st for him I thought it was pretty plain, or did I miss some snark in that reply?

No snark, genuinely confused. So the guy you’re replying to is saying he wouldn’t trade CeeDee for Deandre

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No snark, genuinely confused. So the guy you’re replying to is saying he wouldn’t trade CeeDee for Deandre
Maybe? The title of OP asks if there is any of these receivers you wouldn't want over CD. He then listed D-Hop on his list so my assumption is he wouldn't want Hopkins over CD...which is ludicrous. Maybe I'm the one that's confused lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not the point

When he was drafted #10 overall, the thought wasnt about him being a WR2. How about letting players blossom and stop boxing them in so early in their career.

Ceedee, in his 3rd season, is outperforming a lot of those “elite” WRs in their 3rd seasons.

You can cherry-pick “100 yd games” and “10 catch” games all you want. Meanwhile, your team’s WR1 has 4 games with over 10 catches and none of them came this season.

Are we still talking about DeVonta? AJ, our actual #1, had 10 catches the very first game he ever played with Jalen this year. You didn’t have to go further than 1 game to find it

It is a fair point to let a 3rd year player develop. But just because he’s playing as well or better than some other receivers who blossomed doesn’t automatically mean he will do the same. It is still very much up in the air what kind of player he will become.

But what isn’t up in the air is if it will happen this year, which he’s playing about the same as he has the last two. So for him being the best receiver this year’s team can do may have a huge determining factor on what kind of season this becomes.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Someone that can consistently get open and make plays with a high target volume. Also dictates coverage.

there may be 20+ guys who qualify for that definition, if even CeeDee doesn’t with whether or not he’s getting a high target volume.