Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Are we still talking about DeVonta? AJ, our actual #1, had 10 catches the very first game he ever played with Jalen this year. You didn’t have to go further than 1 game to find it

It is a fair point to let a 3rd year player develop
. But just because he’s playing as well or better than some other receivers who blossomed doesn’t automatically mean he will do the same. It is still very much up in the air what kind of player he will become.

But what isn’t up in the air is if it will happen this year, which he’s playing about the same as he has the last two. So for him being the best receiver this year’s team can do may have a huge determining factor on what kind of season this becomes.
This is you being disingenous. He has played two full games with his QB1 this year.

And yes, let the player develop. If he blossoms in his 4th season next year, this and every other thread about him will be foolish

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is you being disingenous. He has played two full games with his QB1 this year.

And yes, let the player develop. If he blossoms in his 4th season next year, this and every other thread about him will be foolish

We can also add to the fact that Ceedee’s progression is borderline identical to AJ Browns through his first 2 years.

And for the record - I think Brown is a stud.

exciter

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
Lamb is on pace for 89 rec for 1181 yards. That’s more than adequate considering 5 games were played with the lollipop ginger starting and we’re playing 12 personnel as our base offense. If anything we need a more dynamic or at least more production from the TE position!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.

I would take just about all of them over Ceedee. Just being honest. But it ain't happening and the idea of OBJ coming to Dallas would not have happened if they would not have cut Cooper.

This is the 2nd time they made a boneheaded mistake. They let Demarco Murray go in FA and their entire run game the next season went down the drain.

Our FO doesn't have a clue on how to run a football team. I'm pointing the finger to Jerry and his lazy son, Capboy for this debacle.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Waddle, Jefferson, and Chase are all anomalies that dont come around often.

2nd and 3rd year WRs dont come in and have the impact that they have had.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Waddle, Jefferson, and Chase are all anomalies that dont come around often.

2nd and 3rd year WRs dont come in and have the impact that they have had.

JJ might’ve had the best first 2 years for a WR all time…dudes been so good.

I also thought Chase was about as can’t miss as you can get for a WR. His tape against the SEC as a 19 year old was unreal.

Im a little bias, but Im still very high on Lamb. Love his catch radius, ball skills and quickness for his size. Just need him to settle into the #1 role and keep working.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Disingenuous in what way? I never even implied he couldn’t become a top 10 wr. The thread is about right here, right now. What he does in year 5, year 6, year 7 isn’t going to mean a whole lot to the 2022 Cowboys. But as per the point of this thread, Odell might.

quickccc

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

also...
DJ Metcalf Seattle
Deebo Samuels Niners
Terry McLaurin Wash.
and yes, ..Amari Cooper

With a healthy Dak, we'll really need to find out if Lamb can not only be a featured go to receiver but can he be an " Elite " no. 1 lead WR.
i'll expect the same level of dominance and competitiveness that was expected from Amari Cooper.

- When he has to face the better coverage CBs, he needs to beat and get the best of
that CB.
When the Darius Slay's are covering Lamb, he has to be the better man, better player.

Some can try to keep throwing 'padded " stats.. .garbage time down 2 scores, from behind catches ,..or blame it on the QB or OC, ..

But mentality tells the difference between featured and a No. 2 WR.
they step it up and push it to another high level of competitiveness..and they are also clutch, .while the No.2 tend to wear down and fade down the stretch and in games.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
OBJ will not make a difference on this team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Chargers WR, has averaged 100 catches for 1200 yards over the last 5 seasons, all 5 pro bowl years
lol..... IM sorry. It appears to be so obvious to me, but my sarcasm is so often missed by those in here.

I have 5 fantasy teams, I live in Ca and will have gone to 4 Cowboys games by the end of this year, I watch probably 7 games a week...... I know who the often injured Keenan Allen who has played in all of 2 or 3 games this entire year... thus the question about who he is.....lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Everyone except DJ Moore and Aman Ra St. Brown.
I would include Chris Olave to your list, especially since he is showing big skills in rookie year.
Maybe even Christian Kirk, but its close.

cnuball21

Reaction score
All are better than Ceedee and there’s a group of guys not named that are on par or better.

• Metcalf
  • Godwin
  • Higgins
  • D.Smith
  • McClaurin
  • Cooper
  • Olave
I put him him as the 15th to 22nd best receiver but there’s not a big gap from 10th - 25th.

Smith is a firm no.

McLaurin is a no - he’s a solid WR but plays for a team that is literally always losing and playing from behind to throw it more.

Olave is TBD - show me 3 seasons of production before you put him on Lambs level.

Higgins plays for a pass happy team - also a no.

Godwin has had Brady throwing to him - he’s a maybe.