Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

817Gill

Reaction score
And age is a factor too. But I dont agree no one would take one over the other. Especially after this year. Brown is playing out of his mind
I think it’s just about 100% would especially since Brown’s been injury prone though Chase has been dinged this year. But we’ll let time answer this, good discussion though.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think it’s just about 100% would especially since Brown’s been injury prone though Chase has been dinged this year. But we’ll let time answer this, good discussion though.

I think you’d be surprised. Offense aside, competition aside, Analytics jump off the chart for Brown. Chase just looks solid this year, not quite he was in 2021

817Gill

Reaction score
I think you’d be surprised. Offense aside, competition aside, Analytics jump off the chart for Brown. Chase just looks solid this year, not quite he was in 2021
I also think y’all are having a Cardinals-esque first half of the season. I don’t think this offense will continue to produce as it has, albeit not even at an elite level. This could look totally different by seasons end, while I know the Bengals offense will produce.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I also think y’all are having a Cardinals-esque first half of the season. I don’t think this offense will continue to produce as it has, albeit not even at an elite level. This could look totally different by seasons end, while I know the Bengals offense will produce.

Chase is actually averaging more yards per game than Brown, he’s just been injured so his cumulative is lower. But we don’t throw as much as Cincinnati, we don’t push the ball to AJ brown like Cincinnati has to sometimes to stay in games.

As far as creating separation, beating single coverage, what you do when the ball is thrown to you, what you do with the ball in your hands… ESPN analytics has AJ brown as the best performing WR in the national football league:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nfl-receiver-rankings/

Now this isn’t me saying that proves he’s the single best, but to perform like that and only be fringe top 10? No no. Chase, meanwhile, is in a 4 way tie for 8th, and I’d put him somewhere around 9th. Is that so out of bounds?

Now maybe Chase this year has excuses of things he’ll clean up and return to 2021 form (or even better), but you can’t credit a player for something he hasn’t yet done.

817Gill

Reaction score
Chase is actually averaging more yards per game than Brown, he’s just been injured so his cumulative is lower. But we don’t throw as much as Cincinnati, we don’t push the ball to AJ brown like Cincinnati has to sometimes to stay in games.

As far as creating separation, beating single coverage, what you do when the ball is thrown to you, what you do with the ball in your hands… ESPN analytics has AJ brown as the best performing WR in the national football league:

Now this isn’t me saying that proves he’s the single best, but to perform like that and only be fringe top 10? No no. Chase, meanwhile, is in a 4 way tie for 8th, and I’d put him somewhere around 9th. Is that so out of bounds?

Now many Chase this year has excuses of things he’ll clean up and return to 2021 form (or even better), but you can’t credit a player for something he hasn’t yet done.
What coverages does Brown face? How does he benefit from how Safeties play to respect your run game? To me, there are so many variables from team to team and game to game that you can’t really convince one party or another with team specific arguments.

All we can do here is say, does Chase look like a 1 when he plays? Totally. We’ll see where both are ranked this offseason and will get a better idea of what GM’s think in those off-season polls.

ghst187

Reaction score
He’s a 1, without question.

Complete nonsense to think he’s not.

He is our #1 by default because we gave our #1 away.
he is growing into the role and clearly better than any other WR on our roster.
If he was a UFA this off-season, how many teams would see and pay him like a #1 with a 25m offer? I don’t think any right now. Not really a bash as he’s playing very well but putting him in context of other unquestioned #1s around the league.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He is our #1 by default because we gave our #1 away.
he is growing into the role and clearly better than any other WR on our roster.
If he was a UFA this off-season, how many teams would see and pay him like a #1 with a 25m offer? I don’t think any right now. Not really a bash as he’s playing very well but putting him in context of other unquestioned #1s around the league.

Are you familiar with the how next man up works in the FA market works for young stars? Man you’re going to get blown away when you see how big his contract is going to be. 25 will be the floor.

ghst187

Reaction score
Are you familiar with the how next man up works in the FA market works for young stars? Man you’re going to get blown away when you see how big his contract is going to be. 25 will be the floor.

maybe from Jerry but can’t see some kind of bidding war. And the point isn’t the 25m, it’s whatever too WR dollar is at that time. Ceedee isn’t in that bracket ….yet.

cnuball21

Reaction score
maybe from Jerry but can’t see some kind of bidding war. And the point isn’t the 25m, it’s whatever too WR dollar is at that time. Ceedee isn’t in that bracket ….yet.

I’d bet an incredibly large amount of money he makes $25+.

He’s a young star WR and is the next man up. 25 mil would probably be a bargain by the time he extends.

Not in that bracket? He’s literally on the exact same career progression as AJ Brown and he’ll be getting paid like 3+ years later. He’s gonna have over 3K yards in his first 3 seasons which is insane.

DanA

Reaction score
The way he’s played the last month I wouldn’t mind betting he gets 1,400 yards for the season.

ghst187

Reaction score
I’d bet an incredibly large amount of money he makes $25+.

He’s a young star WR and is the next man up. 25 mil would probably be a bargain by the time he extends.

Not in that bracket? He’s literally on the exact same career progression as AJ Brown and he’ll be getting paid like 3+ years later. He’s gonna have over 3K yards in his first 3 seasons which is insane.

literally said 25m wasn’t the point, because the top WR salaries will change by then but I have a hard time seeing him get same money as the absolute top tier guys. He’s not an Adams, Chase, Jefferson, Kupp, or half a dozen others. He’s good and getting better but right now he’s not a guy that just takes over a game.

cnuball21

Reaction score
literally said 25m wasn’t the point, because the top WR salaries will change by then but I have a hard time seeing him get same money as the absolute top tier guys. He’s not an Adams, Chase, Jefferson, Kupp, or half a dozen others. He’s good and getting better but right now he’s not a guy that just takes over a game.

That’s fair, but he’s young and could get there. He also might lap those guys in cost just because the change in market.

Proof

Reaction score

Now maybe Chase this year has excuses of things he’ll clean up and return to 2021 form (or even better), but you can’t credit a player for something he hasn’t yet done.

advanced analytics are cool at times, but this is a really weird composite score of selective data. it's an interesting thought experiment, but you can just look at the results independent of brown and be comfortable ignoring it.

you think chase is ranked too high, but he's tied with amari cooper and tee higgins (who he's clearly better than and still relatively outpacing while missing three games)
do you think justin jefferson is fourth best?

slayton 7th?

deebo samuel nearly 50th while aiyuk is 8th?

even accounting for injury (since chase is still ranked 8th) kupp is 30th?

and what is it that chase is being credited for that he hasn't done yet?