Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No, bc again he’s going to pass MGs 5 years of work in 3.

That’s contextless. What does that mean? You said it means he’s a bona dude #1. So all it takes is averaging more than 600 yards a season? If that’s the case then our opinions of true #1’s are much further apart than ever before

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cooper is 100% a #1. Are you seeing what he’s doing in Cle in a run first team with a below average QB?

You’re wild, wild I say.

yes, he’s putting up a typical Amari Cooper season. You’d think he could have done better playing with pro bowl caliber QBs the previous 7 years, but it may take a 17 game schedule for him to finally break 1200 yards receiving In year EIGHT.

Of which there’s no guarantee as he’s still only on pace for 1190

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yes I agree CeeDee could be ascending. But today is his peak so far.

That’s contextless. What does that mean? You said it means he’s a bona dude #1. So all it takes is averaging more than 600 yards a season? If that’s the case then our opinions of true #1’s are much further apart than ever before

It’s actually incredibly straight forward and easy to understand the context. You’re over complicating this along with the entire argument as a whole.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It’s actually incredibly straight forward and easy to understand the context. You’re over complicating this along with the entire argument as a whole.

It’s my argument, it’s as simple or complicated as I make it

cnuball21

Reaction score
yes, he’s putting up a typical Amari Cooper season. You’d think he could have done better playing with pro bowl caliber QBs the previous 7 years, but it may take a 17 game schedule for him to finally break 1200 yards receiving In year EIGHT.

Of which there’s no guarantee as he’s still only on pace for 1190

Hey at least you acknowledged Dak is a pro bowl level QB. Better than most Eagles fans.

817Gill

Reaction score
Not yet I wouldn’t say, no, the body of work is too small
What do your eyes tell you? Obviously you can’t predict the future, but right here right now talent and tape so far what do you think?

I understand you said he wasn’t even reading defenses, but isn’t that a good thing? He was that dominant just running around with no IQ? He’s only going to get better, barring unforeseen circumstances Chase is a 1.

And if you want to wait a year or two to officially say it fine, but I don’t think you can watch him play and not feel like he’s a #1.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What do your eyes tell you? Obviously you cant predict the future, but right here right now talent and tape so far what do you think?

I understand you said he wasn’t even reading defenses, but isn’t that a good thing? He was that dominant just running around with no IQ? He’s only going to get better, barring unforeseen circumstances Chase is a 1.

But if you want to wait a year or two to officially say it fine, but I don’t think you can watch him play and not feel like he’s a #1.

I would say he was a better receiver in 2021 than 2022. Still playing well this year but is the impact identical? No. By that, what is next year going to look like? Who’s to say. There are guys who play well and then begin to decline unexpectantly. Conversely, there are guys who start off looking like standard WRs and then explode.

I’d like to see Chase consistently be what he was in 2021 and in flashes in 2022, which may take more than 1.5 years.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Today. One day there may be 11, or maybe 5 if some guys fall off. Who can say

Nah has to be 8 at least all season. We can’t go changing our rankings based on the week to week performances right?

Flip flop flip flop.

817Gill

Reaction score
I would say he was a better receiver in 2021 than 2022. Still playing well this year but is the impact identical? No. By that, what is next year going to look like? Who’s to say. There are guys who play well and then begin to decline unexpectantly. Conversely, there are guys who start off looking like standard WRs and then explode.

I’d like to see Chase consistently be what he was in 2021 and in flashes in 2022, which may take more than 1.5 years.
This year he’s been injured, the Bengals line to start the year was an all-time worse one, and if you follow the Bengals you can find that Taylor made a philosophical switch maybe 3-4 games ago that opened up the offense immensely by letting Burrow do what he’s most comfortable with.

Even with all this, you could clearly see how much attention Chase commanded and that he still looked like a clear WR1. And I know you’ll want to rebuttal with a “circumstances” argument, but my question is simple. Do you watch Chase play and feel like he’s a 1?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This year he’s been injured, the Bengals line to start the year was an all-time worse one, and if you follow the Bengals you can find that Taylor made a philosophical switch maybe 3-4 games ago that opened up the offense immensely by letting Burrow do what he’s most comfortable with.

Even with all this, you could clearly see how much attention Chase commanded and that he still looked like a clear WR1. And I know you’ll want to rebuttal with a “circumstances” argument, but my question is simple. Do you watch Chase play and feel like he’s a 1?

And I already stated, not just yet. It’s an establishment