Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
of course not.

Is it simply about stats, or would you say it’s something beyond that: His persona on the field, how the team utilizes him, what he’s shown in big moments, his potential evolution as a player, etc

Proof

Reaction score
Is it simply about stats, or would you say it’s something beyond that: His persona on the field, how the team utilizes him, what he’s shown in big moments, his potential evolution as a player, etc

production, pedigree, route tree, ceiling. opposite of how I feel about ceedee. We don't have to play gotcha.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
production, pedigree, route tree, ceiling. opposite of how I feel about ceedee. We don't have to play gotcha.

Im just saying, identifying a player based solely on 1 years production doesn’t automatically qualify them for some specific status. You mentioned Cedee having a career year. If 2021 was a 16 game season without the bonus NE game, CeeDee would have had 950 yards receiving. Or conversely, if Gallup’s last season where both he and Dak were healthy all year was 17 games instead of 16, he’d have averaged out to 1175 yards which would also be a career year for Lamb up to this point. As you said before, judging AJ and Lamb isn’t simply that they have similar numbers. There’s something far beyond that.

The players I listed as true number one’s I personally feel I would give 25m$ a year without hesitation. With CeeDee there is hesitation

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Im just saying, identifying a player based solely on 1 years production doesn’t automatically qualify them for some specific status. You mentioned Cedee having a career year. If 2021 was a 16 game season without the bonus NE game, CeeDee would have had 950 yards receiving. Or conversely, if Gallup’s last season where both he and Dak were healthy all year was 17 games instead of 16, he’d have averaged out to 1175 yards which would also be a career year for Lamb up to this point. As you said before, judging AJ and Lamb isn’t simply that they have similar numbers. There’s something far beyond that.

The players I listed as true number one’s I personally feel I would give 25m$ a year without hesitation. With CeeDee there is hesitation
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Difficult to compare seasons vs other seasons where the players are allowed to play additional games
1. ceedee only played 16 games last year. He missed Thanksgiving because of a concussion in the Chiefs game that he didnt even finish

2. Even if you take out his best game (ironic isnt it) he wouldve still been on a 1000 yd pace had he played in every game

3. The passing game was broken after the Denver game last year. Even Amari wasnt putting up #s

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
1. ceedee only played 16 games last year. He missed Thanksgiving because of a concussion in the Chiefs game that he didnt even finish

2. Even if you take out his best game (ironic isnt it) he wouldve still been on a 1000 yd pace had he played in every game

3. The passing game was broken after the Denver game last year. Even Amari wasnt putting up #s

And even then Gallup’s 2019 averages out to more yards or at least comparably over 17 games. That was the point. Yet he’s identifiably not as good…?

cnuball21

Reaction score
And I disagree, I believe it more supports my opinion. Even with lower passing offense, Rush is pushing the ball to CeeDee; it hasn’t impact him. Yet when Dak comes back, Cooper is gone, CeeDee’s performance hasn’t ballooned as you’d expect a top receiver to do when things change in their favor, he’s just kind of the same. Not unlike Cooper was for so long.

Im not saying Lamb isn’t a very good receiver, as Cooper was, but a true #1 to me is a guy you give 25$+ per year no question. A guy where you never need to seek out his replacement/superior as he’s THE guy. A guy opposing teams fear will beat them almost single-handedly if they’re not careful. When was the last time you felt defenses were letting the run game do whatever it wanted because they can’t let CeeDee get the ball? That seems to happen to Philly every other week.

You can say that’s a bit extreme for defining a true #1, but CeeDee doesn’t quite fit that criteria.

Huh? Lamb is about to lap MG in total yards in 3 seasons compared to MGs 5.

Proof

Reaction score

i’m not going off a single year or hypotheticals or anything else. i’m going off of body of work to this point and like what i see. gallup you have to go off of one year, woods you have to isolate two years out of a career, none of that had to do with what i’m saying. i wouldn’t have given aj 25 mil either which is more to my point.

seems to be paying off so far but in curious how he looks with goedert out.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
i’m not going off a single year or hypotheticals or anything else. i’m going off of body of work to this point and like what i see. gallup you have to go off of one year, woods you have to isolate two years out of a career, none of that had to do with what i’m saying. i wouldn’t have given aj 25 mil either which is more to my point.

seems to be paying off so far but in curious how he looks with goedert out.

And what of say, Brandin Cooks? Amari Cooper?

these are cooks, lambs, and Cooper’s career yards per 17 game season. I would say neither of those guys are true #1’s. What makes Lamb on beyond his future potential and age?

Proof

Reaction score

these are cooks, lambs, and Cooper’s career yards per 17 game season. I would say neither of those guys are true #1’s. What makes Lamb on beyond his future potential and age?

cooper was/is absolutely a bonafide number 1. Cooks has been at multiple stops but is more of an anomaly but fair point. lambs season is still to be written with a ton of variables and contributing factors and still pacing to eclipse those numbers and the offense seems to finding it’s footing

also aj browns 17 game career projection is 1207. not that he’s ever played a complete season

cnuball21

Reaction score

Cooper is 100% a #1. Are you seeing what he’s doing in Cle in a run first team with a below average QB?

You’re wild, wild I say.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
cooper was/is absolutely a bonafide number 1. Cooks has been at multiple stops but is more of an anomaly but fair point. lambs season is still to be written with a ton of variables and contributing factors and still pacing to eclipse those numbers and the offense seems to finding it’s footing

also aj browns 17 game career projection is 1207. not that he’s ever played a complete season

I also don’t Agree about Cooper. He seems to have a plateau and disappears when the team needs him the most. I would say he’s close to the bar of the best non true #1’s. His career so far is a lot of woulda coulda shoulda