Is this the week we do something?

Sydla

Reaction score
If you look at recent history, when the Cowboys eventually move in FA/trades, it sometimes comes in a flurry. In 2021, we signed 5 guys in 24 hours. 2022, Washington and Fowler were signed within 24 hours. 2023, four of our five biggest moves in the offseason came within 72 hours.

The reality is they have to sign some outside players. They have too many holes and not enough "quality" on the roster to fill them. And they know they likely won't hit on all their draft picks.

So who are the bargain bin guys out there that still might make some sense? Maybe take a flier on Dobbins if he's cheap. He's a talented kid who can't stay healthy.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
1364090810.jpg

Only half joking, it does make sense. Hes probably dirt cheap and can be the short yardage guy to whichever rookie you inevitably bring in. Plus, despite his size and lack of speed, he is a strong third down back with his pass protection and pass catching experience

Sydla

Reaction score
They probably have some big needle moving trades in the works.
Rumor was Aaron Donald for Sam Williams and Terrence Steele but Donald retired because he didn't think it was fair that the Rams add such a league changing haul of talent. Created imbalance in the force.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
1364090810.jpg

Only half joking, it does make sense. Hes probably dirt cheap and can be the short yardage guy to whichever rookie you inevitably bring in. Plus, despite his size and lack of speed, he is a strong third down back with his pass protection and pass catching experience
If we sign Zeke it will be closer to summer camp. I think it is 50/50 especially if the Cowboys draft the Texas running back.

You have been waiting to use that Zeke pick. :thumbup:

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t think anything happens until after the draft. I do think they extend Lamb soon however

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
1364090810.jpg

This guy would get signed then immediately hold out for more money. No thanks.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
The four moves I would make as the imaginary GM going into the draft:
1) Trade a 7th to Chicago for Khalil Herbert (Chicago doesn’t have a pick in day 3 and Herbert in the teams 3rd rb)
2) Sign Mekhi Becton (2 years $6 to 8 million with little guaranteed - maybe shades of Colombo rehabilitation)
3) Sign Teair Tart (1 year contract - what every Hankins was offered)
4) Sign Yannick Ngakoue or Emmanuel Ogbah or Randy Gregory - which everyone takes the cheapest contract

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean don't we have to since he's the one whose sole job is to try to make the team better than the previous one what wasn't good enough?

We have to hang on his moves because they literally are what builds this roster.
I guess, I just think it funny. Nothing personal. I guess, I just set the bar low and really don't care what they do anymore

CowboyChris

Reaction score
The four moves I would make as the imaginary GM going into the draft:
1) Trade a 7th to Chicago for Khalil Herbert (Chicago doesn’t have a pick in day 3 and Herbert in the teams 3rd rb)
2) Sign Mekhi Becton (2 years $6 to 8 million with little guaranteed - maybe shades of Colombo rehabilitation)
3) Sign Teair Tart (1 year contract - what every Hankins was offered)
4) Sign Yannick Ngakoue or Emmanuel Ogbah or Randy Gregory - which everyone takes the cheapest contract
i could get on board with that, except for Gregory, the country club atmosphere at the Star is not ideal for him

Toro9

Reaction score
I guess they knew they weren't signing any big names (Kendricks is, I guess, albeit with age) so they're waiting as long as possible to sign fillers for the lowest price possible.

LittleD

Reaction score
If you look at recent history, when the Cowboys eventually move in FA/trades, it sometimes comes in a flurry. In 2021, we signed 5 guys in 24 hours. 2022, Washington and Fowler were signed within 24 hours. 2023, four of our five biggest moves in the offseason came within 72 hours.

The reality is they have to sign some outside players. They have too many holes and not enough "quality" on the roster to fill them. And they know they likely won't hit on all their draft picks.

So who are the bargain bin guys out there that still might make some sense? Maybe take a flier on Dobbins if he's cheap. He's a talented kid who can't stay healthy.
Yes, Jerry is preparing and planning on moving on from Dakota Prescott. The Tank is in full swing.