Is this the week we do something?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If you look at recent history, when the Cowboys eventually move in FA/trades, it sometimes comes in a flurry. In 2021, we signed 5 guys in 24 hours. 2022, Washington and Fowler were signed within 24 hours. 2023, four of our five biggest moves in the offseason came within 72 hours.

The reality is they have to sign some outside players. They have too many holes and not enough "quality" on the roster to fill them. And they know they likely won't hit on all their draft picks.

So who are the bargain bin guys out there that still might make some sense? Maybe take a flier on Dobbins if he's cheap. He's a talented kid who can't stay healthy.
Let the dumpster diving comence!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whether we agree or not most likely we will look to replace or fill the holes in starting line-up with players we’ve been developing from previous drafts and of course the upcoming draft.

Jumbo has a couple well thought out and designed threads on the prospects by position. One thread for defense ,one for offense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I guess they knew they weren't signing any big names (Kendricks is, I guess, albeit with age) so they're waiting as long as possible to sign fillers for the lowest price possible.
Waiting until after the draft to protect next years comp picks. GM Jethro loves his comp picks.

cowboybish

Reaction score
If you look at recent history, when the Cowboys eventually move in FA/trades, it sometimes comes in a flurry. In 2021, we signed 5 guys in 24 hours. 2022, Washington and Fowler were signed within 24 hours. 2023, four of our five biggest moves in the offseason came within 72 hours.

The reality is they have to sign some outside players. They have too many holes and not enough "quality" on the roster to fill them. And they know they likely won't hit on all their draft picks.

So who are the bargain bin guys out there that still might make some sense? Maybe take a flier on Dobbins if he's cheap. He's a talented kid who can't stay healthy.
Nope it’s the week we do nothing just like all the other weeks. Why I come to this site a few times a day looking for something that’s going on and all I find is virtually nothing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
At this stage in free agency nothing we do from this point on will be anything to get excited about. The only players left are low tier free agents.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.3c630c1b33ab45b2cb30cae4ad6e0376

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They will both be gone next year. It takes two tank years to get that new shiny franchise QB and clear Dak's money.
Huh? So instead of trading Martin and Lawrence in your mind you let them go next year for nothing lol. Your idea of tanking is to keep your best players and win 9 plus games?

stinkface

Reaction score
Two shots of Miralax in the Johnny Walker Blue Coffee cup is the only way things are going to happen this week in Jerry World.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I doubt they do much till after the draft unless someone is begging them for a nearly free deal.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I thought they normally sign guys right before the draft, or maybe its right before Oxnard. I'm sure they have the positions they want to fill, then they just look at who still hasn't signed at that position and offer a low contract. I can work out for the player if they play really well on the 1 year deal they can get a big contract next year. Its asking alot to come in and beat out a draft pick and to start year 1, but if the player can do it its huge for them and likely means the draft pick wasn't ready year 1 or was a bust.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting the signing of some one yr gap fillers.

Shannon1

Reaction score
One day down, nothing ! This will be a repeat the rest the week and next and next

DandyDon52

Reaction score

jerrys working hard on this, here are his notes and plans.
jerrys-note-book-crop.jpg

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Pending payment from the buyer, yes.
You’re the first person on this board I’ve seen put their money where their mouth is. LOL

Only one thing that the owners understand. I’m guessing they don’t publish season ticket numbers but I wonder if it has gone up since the disappointing playoff losses and a nothing off-season again.

ICP

Reaction score
Yep!! It's the week we pass on more FA's and try to 'Win with Less'!!