Is WR1 as Must-Have in RPO based offense?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yes but his style of play is the only reason the offense was explosive. When you put a Dak in the offense it looks pedestrian. Given Dak does not have the experience but with Romo you never really felt out of the game.
i will take consistent over explosive if the explosive cannot be relied on.
the goal is to win it all, imo, instead of just being exciting failing to get there.

jrumann59

Reaction score
i will take consistent over explosive if the explosive cannot be relied on.
the goal is to win it all, imo, instead of just being exciting failing to get there.
Without Romo how many of those winning seasons would have been 8-8 and how many of those 8-8 seasons would have been 4-12. I do believe consistency is key but Romo's last full season was not wasted because of his play but the rest of the team (defense) in the loss to GB.

dallasdave

Reaction score
On the road again
I just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
Here we go, on the road again
Like a band of Gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way
And our way is on the road again
I just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again, break free
One more time for Wiley and the Boys :laugh:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Stretching the field is just one way to keep teams from crowding the box. More generally, we need WRs who can beat single coverage. Guys who can run routes and catch the ball can do that too.

The more ways your offense has to beat a defense the harder it gets for the defense to account for all possibilities.

Of course you need wrs who are able to beat single coverage. But it gets easier for them to do it when the field of play is bigger. And to make it bigger one possibility is to stretch it with a speed guy. If you dont have one the room your wrs have to create Separation is smaller and therefore they have to be more precise in route running and the qb has to be more precise in his Passes. The more precise you have to be the more it is possible to commit an error.

This is not - like the way you want to put it - a question of either or. It is a question complementing each other.