Is WR1 as Must-Have in RPO based offense?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Hippity Hop Bop STOP!:rolleyes:

SHEESE, you flaunting the Gant's vaunted defense denuding us in 2016?,,,#9 WOULD'VE BEEN SO DEEP IN THEIR DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD IN BOTH THOSE TWO GAMES, 3 generations of New Yorkers grand children would named Antonioo_O
( he'd of finger swirled that casing-liner way past FUBAR:thumbup:)

#9 is a great qb but he can be counted on for he major screw up when it really really matters.

putty has to get back on the road, later

waldoputty

Reaction score
Here but dont tell putty
9.png

confiscated

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
To me, using the verbage a #1 Receiver is so lame. Is this new over the last couple years? I don’t remember it being used a few years ago. Wasn’t the old verbiage, a top 10 Receiver( this is kind of like changing the term athletic ability to athleticism, which I cringe when I hear for some reason).If Dez Bryant is our #1 Receiver, I want bunch of solid Receivers with no #1. We can win without a #1 Receiver, or a top 10 Receiver. NE won 3 SB’s in 4 years without a so called #1 Receiver.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
To me, using the verbage a #1 Receiver is so lame. Is this new over the last couple years? I don’t remember it being used a few years ago. Wasn’t the old verbiage, a top 10 Receiver( this is kind of like changing the term athletic ability to athleticism, which I cringe when I hear for some reason).If Dez Bryant is our #1 Receiver, I want bunch of solid Receivers with no #1. We can win without a #1 Receiver, or a top 10 Receiver. NE won 3 SB’s in 4 years without a so called #1 Receiver.
Capt.Crash,I take it for granted that the #1 designation falls along the lines as it being considered the most effective& threatening offensive strike brought to bare in the pass attack.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s also about taking the shots. You have to throw the ball also. Sending him deep is one thing but to actually take the shot makes defenses think.
Sure you have to take shots but 1 of 2 things you have to be sure of
Either your guy is behind the defender or he can out jump the defender and make the catch

we haven't had this for 3 years

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
On the road again !!!!
On the road again
I just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
Here we go, on the road again
Like a band of Gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way
And our way is on the road again
And I can't wait to get on the road again, break free

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Sure but WR careers last about twice as long as RB.

With all the crossing routes we use having a shifty WR who can work in space would be very effective. We just don't have a QB that can consistently place deep throws.
I'll agree with the longevity aspect between RB&WR,but if you objectively think about it, ol' #29 would've probably still been on our roster & producing to the positive for us( is he still a FA?) I could tell #9 was pretty disappointed in his departure in 14.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
On the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
Here we go, on the road again
Like a band of Gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way
And our way is on the road again
And I can't wait to get on the road again, break free
:clap::thumbup::clap:

Encore,Encore! Hit us with
"Poncho&Lefty":starspin:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sure you have to take shots but 1 of 2 things you have to be sure of
Either your guy is behind the defender or he can out jump the defender and make the catch

we haven't had this for 3 years
I know. And the problem with taking the shot is that sometimes it’s not even about making the completion. It’s almost a wasted play. Just keeping defenses honest. Or hoping for a flag if the defender feels beaten.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
WRs are overrated in general. And QBs somehow underrated. Guys like Brady and Wilson and to a lesser extent, Rodgers, have made do for a long time with some fairly ordinary receivers. Guys who later became household names.

Give me guys who can block and catch reliably and be where they’re supposed to be all the time. Throw in some skill like deep speed or Beasely’s Quick feet, but for the most part, spend the money on the OTs and the QB and the DL.
Good post I agree basically you don't need a superstar receiver you just need good ones preferably Smart Ones