Is WR1 as Must-Have in RPO based offense?

waldoputty

Reaction score
:lmao2: that WAS about 80% of the #9 magic, where he'd pull his Romodin'e pinball scramble and by the time he rifled a salvo down range ALL our receivers were pretty much one-on-one in coverage,,, AND that was the BEAUTIFUL THING of the #9

( the opposition knew as long as he was our Q.B. their path to victory was forever in doubto_O)
:starspin::hammer::starspin:

:dance::thumbup::dance:

romo does pull out some houdini acts, but the problem is that heroics could not be counted on in the big games where the defense is better and better. putty prefers a systematic approach.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think they are overdrafted but I don't think they are overrated. I think scarcity of WR that can get separation consistently is the issue. They are game changers.
Yes,Fuzzy! But, an 87 yard los scamper from A #22,,,er,,,#21 is just as much or more so noteworthy, as having that horsepower revved and waiting to roar ,,,opens the portals, ALSO!

( we ain't got the command & control, in conjunction with this athletic Q.B. to exploit what every Cowboys fan dreams of:rolleyes: ,,,effectively utilizing what the 'speedy' WR attack could produce)

waldoputty

Reaction score
With a dominant o line and RB, we don't need an RPO offense. We can use it on a situational basis, but we should be able to dictate the game from the sideline.

wow 4 hours into my drive and the coach comes into the thread.
the problem with just counting on a dominant ol and rb is that really good defenses do stop it.
for example, the 2016 giants line stuff our up the middle runs really badly.

i dont think there would be a sudden complete shift to rpo, but using it 25% to 33% would be nice imo.
i really like the smashmouth spread schemes that others are taking about where 4wr to force the defense into nickel. then use formations that spread them wide open so zeke and the ol can run over them without 8 in the box. even nicer that with so many dbs, any time our ol and zeke runs over one of the dbs, they may not be getting up.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes,Fuzzy! But, an 87 yard los scamper from A #22,,,er,,,#21 is just as much or more so noteworthy, as having that horsepower revved and waiting to roar ,,,opens the portals, ALSO!

( we ain't got the command & control, in conjunction with this athletic Q.B. to exploit what every Cowboys fan dreams of:rolleyes: ,,,effectively utilizing what the 'speedy' WR attack could produce)

Sure but WR careers last about twice as long as RB.

With all the crossing routes we use having a shifty WR who can work in space would be very effective. We just don't have a QB that can consistently place deep throws.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
romo does pull out some houdini acts, but the problem is that heroics could not be counted on in the big games where the defense is better and better. putty prefers a systematic approach.
:rolleyes:
'Putty' prefers low sodium boiled casing-liners on a bed of pre chewed rice, Too! That's about as thrilling in thought & concept of a
" playbook putty" attack plano_O
In all its spiciness,huh?
(I'm drinking Fren! ,Pay no mind,Im just kicking sparks off yer' gourd:D):thumbup:

waldoputty

Reaction score
:rolleyes:
'Putty' prefers low sodium boiled casing-liners on a bed of pre chewed rice, Too! That's about as thrilling in thought & concept of a
" playbook putty" attack plano_O
In all its spiciness,huh?
(I'm drinking Fren! ,Pay no mind,Im just kicking sparks off yer' gourd:D):thumbup:

puttyism has its favorite schemes also, but putty needs to get back on the road soon to sf...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
wow 4 hours into my drive and the coach comes into the thread.
the problem with just counting on a dominant ol and rb is that really good defenses do stop it.
for example, the 2016 giants line stuff our up the middle runs really badly.

i dont think there would be a sudden complete shift to rpo, but using it 25% to 33% would be nice imo.
i really like the smashmouth spread schemes that others are taking about where 4wr to force the defense into nickel. then use formations that spread them wide open so zeke and the ol can run over them without 8 in the box. even nicer that with so many dbs, any time our ol and zeke runs over one of the dbs, they may not be getting up.
Hippity Hop Bop STOP!:rolleyes:

SHEESE, you flaunting the Gant's vaunted defense denuding us in 2016?,,,#9 WOULD'VE BEEN SO DEEP IN THEIR DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD IN BOTH THOSE TWO GAMES, 3 generations of New Yorkers grand children would named Antonioo_O
( he'd of finger swirled that casing-liner way past FUBAR:thumbup:)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Here but dont tell putty
9.png