Is Zeke a top 3 running back?

Rayman70

Reaction score
doesn't matter. Lets worry about his status after we win...and AFTER he proves he isn't an idiot off the field. The ranking of Zeke will come after the team goals are met. That's how it works. Its a popularity contest...winning is key. All the words in the world wont matter its ACTIONS. I personally think he fits into a separate category from other backs. He isn't a scat back or a speed burner. He's an old school does it all well kinda back. Not a whole lot of those in the league anymore. Its usually by committee. He can be very special and maybe the best RB in the league if he were more focused. I question his dedication to his team and his craft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Barkley AINT BARRY SANDERS! Stop it guys. They are 2 totally different backs. Barry was elite and in his own class. Barkley is more of a smaller Chuck Muncie back. If anyone remembers him. Very similar styles and builds..but Muncie was taller. Barry was just a bowling ball with elite skills all way round.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This wouldn’t even be a question if he wasn’t a Cowboy. I mean all he has done is lead the league in rushing for two of the last three seasons. And has the best hands (by far) of any RB in the NFL. And Karnataka is a few back breaking hits from LB’s before his whole style changes. No way I would take anyone over Zeke if I had the choice. And he is a team guy. How do you put value on that?

Did you just say Zeke has the best hands of any RB in the league, and adding by far?
Is this serious?

aria

Reaction score
This wouldn’t even be a question if he wasn’t a Cowboy. I mean all he has done is lead the league in rushing for two of the last three seasons. And has the best hands (by far) of any RB in the NFL. And Karnataka is a few back breaking hits from LB’s before his whole style changes. No way I would take anyone over Zeke if I had the choice. And he is a team guy. How do you put value on that?
Leads the league in rushing due to most carries and a very good O line.

Best hands by far? Apparently you didn’t even watch the Barkley video I posted above.

Team guy by constantly putting his team at risk by doing stupid stuff off the field.

Sounds like a model player.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
But people who really know football should understand.......or at least I hope they do, is that no matter how good your offensive line is you can't just put any RB behind them and expect the running game to function the same way.

Agree with everything you said my man.

Johnny23

Reaction score
The leader in rush attempts has been top 2 in rushing yards in 8 of the last 9 years.

Regarding rushing or passing for that matter, I wouldn't use 20 year old examples. Although George was still top 3 in rushing yards, just 12 yards short of 2nd.
Fair enough. There's always outliers, after taking stats to graduate this spring I can't get the neuances of statistics out of my head.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Zeke's even close to the best receiving back in the league. Granted, we've only seen some very uncreative usage by him so far (he literally racked up 76 catches under 10 yards deep last year and only 1 beyond that). But we have seen McCaffrey and Bell handle near WR-ish usage with aplomb, and Gurley isn't far off.

Any claims that Zeke's better than them are speculative to put it mildly.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If he is not the best he is close to it

No sir. Not even close.

Zeke's inefficiency as a pass catcher needs to improve for the offense to move forward. On 21 targets(catching 20 of them) on 3rd and 8+ Zeke had one 1st down conversion. ONE!!! The 2nd worst in the league.

His receiving skills are fine, maybe even good, but not remotely close to the best.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Zeke's even close to the best receiving back in the league. Granted, we've only seen some very uncreative usage by him so far (he literally racked up 76 catches under 10 yards deep last year and only 1 beyond that). But we have seen McCaffrey and Bell handle near WR-ish usage with aplomb, and Gurley isn't far off.

Any claims that Zeke's better than them are speculative to put it mildly.

Don't forget Kamara!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
No sir. Not even close.

Zeke's inefficiency as a pass catcher needs to improve for the offense to move forward. On 21 targets(catching 20 of them) on 3rd and 8+ Zeke had one 1st down conversion. ONE!!! The 2nd worst in the league.

His receiving skills are fine, maybe even good, but not remotely close to the best.
The number was low because of 2 things number of passes directed towards him and the number of bad passes directed towards him on 3rd down

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If healthy, Le’Veon Bell will have something to say about all of this. He’s a forgotten man.........for now.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
But people who really know football should understand.......or at least I hope they do, is that no matter how good your offensive line is you can't just put any RB behind them and expect the running game to function the same way.

Agree, I know I have seem some posts let Zeke go and we will find his replacement easily in round 3 or 4 and will not skip a beat in the run game.