Is Zeke washed? Offer of 10K to find videos of him being washed!

ArtClink

Reaction score
It was an emotional decision to give Zeke his second contract a year early just like it was an emotional decision to bring back a very worn out Zeke for this season.

The issue is the best NFL GMs are cold hearted when it comes to improving the roster and thats why they're successful. Our GM has been killing the roster for three decades with emotional, knee jerk decisions.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He will be riding the pine.

Zeke Elliott and Amani Oruwariye, both, will be playing less now.

ferrispata

Reaction score
The onus is not on anyone to show he is washed up. The onus is on Zeke to do enough in practice and games to show his coaches that he deserves more carries. And he apparently is not doing that. End of story.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I had hoped that when they brought Zeke back the Cowboys would commit to a more physical rushing attack with less delays, and draws. Zeke is a power downhill runner. You want production out of him you play smashmouth, that's how you get it. If you want to play finesse ball, you need a different type of back.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The onus is not on anyone to show he is washed up. The onus is on Zeke to do enough in practice and games to show his coaches that he deserves more carries. And he apparently is not doing that. End of story.
what he's doing in practice is taking runs against the defense that is told to not tackle him, he's running all the way to the end zone making jukes, and scores a fake TD, the Cowboys management sees this and talks about how explosive he is with NOBODY making any NFL attempt to tackle him!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
what he's doing in practice is taking runs against the defense that is told to not tackle him, he's running all the way to the end zone making jukes, and scores a fake TD, the Cowboys management sees this and talks about how explosive he is with NOBODY making any NFL attempt to tackle him!!
Running backs can't really show what they can do in non-contact practices. Anybody can look good in two hand touch. That said, if the coaches watch practice and there are 3-5 defenders in the backfield every time he gets the ball they aint blamin that on Zeke and as such aren't going to cut his playing time because of it. The running game isn't working for two reasons.. 1) The line is playing poorly and 2) the OC won't call enough running plays to give the line a chance to gel. When I start seeing gaping holes in the defense like the ones I see Henry and others run through and our backs miss them I will blame the backs. If someone has tape of these plays happening go ahead and post them and I will stand down.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
This is so dumb no criteria on what constitutes the word "washed". Obviously his dad is going to say his son is an elite RB in the NFL no matter what he does.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Running backs can't really show what they can do in non-contact practices. Anybody can look good in two hand touch. That said, if the coaches watch practice and there are 3-5 defenders in the backfield every time he gets the ball they aint blamin that on Zeke and as such aren't going to cut his playing time because of it. The running game isn't working for two reasons.. 1) The line is playing poorly and 2) the OC won't call enough running plays to give the line a chance to gel. When I start seeing gaping holes in the defense like the ones I see Henry and others run through and our backs miss them I will blame the backs. If someone has tape of these plays happening go ahead and post them and I will stand down.
They were speaking about this on a Cowboys radio show about us actually ATTEMPTING to run the ball. Is it that we can't run the ball, or is it we're not trying to run the ball

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I'm considered a zeke homer....but I just can;t see how this is not obvious to everyone.

I put the detorit game back on and focused on both o-lines. It's a drastic ...exasperating...situation to see Detroit make holes and us make....a brick wall.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Easy. Yes, next question. Dude is trash. He was trash the last year with us (other than getting the 1-2 yard TDs), trash with the patriots. I don't know why we decided to bring him back. He makes nothing happen when the ball is in his hands. He is not a playmaker anymore, he is a play stopper honestly. Progress stopper too. He isn't even the best RB in the locker room and that says a lot when we might have the worst RB room in the NFL. We would of faired better going after Kareem Hunt and he was cheaper than Zeke.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know I'm considered a zeke homer....but I just can;t see how this is not obvious to everyone.

I put the detorit game back on and focused on both o-lines. It's a drastic ...exasperating...situation to see Detroit make holes and us make....a brick wall.
The coaches not only watch the practices but they watch the games too. They see our backs fighting off defenders to get back to the line of scrimmage so that's why they're not benching any of them. I honestly think the thing with playing time for both backs is a product of two things.. One, McCarthy and the offensive coaches never even think about which back is in in what situation. That's why they subbed Deuce in for Zeke several times when they got into the red zone. Absolutely mind boggling when you think about it. Running the ball is an afterthought. And the results speak for themselves. Until we commit to it, we're not going to be successful at it. Other teams will keep running it even when it's only getting 2-3 yards a pop because they realize that they need to keep running to make the defense honor it. We don't do that. We also need to run it to let the line get a lather up and the backs to get a rhythm going with it. All of that requires a commitment to it. Which I don't see McCarthy doing. So all I can do at this point is chill out till the end of the season and he gets his walking papers.