Is Zeke washed? Offer of 10K to find videos of him being washed!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sometimes I get tired so I avoid those threads.

But it also keeps staying in the news because evidently the cowboys GM still can’t admit his mistakes from
This offseason.

I know when I hear snippets of Jerry lying or making excuses to the media it triggers me to keep positing about the topic. Maybe that’s a personality flaw. Idk
Thanks!! The people that talk about people complaining end up doing it themselves

RonnieT24

Reaction score
fair enough and 1000% right. The line is hot garbage in the run game and not great in pass blocking. However, Zeke is still washed. He is ok I guess, but nowhere near what we need. Rico aint it either. Sometimes, he just doesn't see the daylight quick enough. We have a stable of backs that wouldn't make it off most teams practice squad.
Maybe.. but I refuse to judge our backs based on what I have seen or rather not seen in the way of blocking. We're asking these guys to damn near make their own holes most of the time when they get the ball. Henry is averaging 3.8 ypc BEFORE contact. Zeke is getting 1.7. Rico is getting 2.5. Our guys are having to fight way too hard just to get to the damn line of scrimmage .. For comparison in 2018 when Zeke won his last rushing title, playing behind the consensus best line in the NFL, he averaged 2.8 yards per carry before contact. So the Ravens are getting Henry a full YARD before contact than the best Zeke got in his hay days in Dallas. Blocking matters .. until we get some, I'm giving all the running backs a pass.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I had hoped that when they brought Zeke back the Cowboys would commit to a more physical rushing attack with less delays, and draws. Zeke is a power downhill runner. You want production out of him you play smashmouth, that's how you get it. If you want to play finesse ball, you need a different type of back.
You want to play smashmouth, you better get a few more linemen that are physical at the point of attack.

Reaction score
I think your whole rb room is washed.. I'm sure it's not news to you guys but holy hell I was surprised to see dallas is dead last in nearly every rushing category. I haven't been following too closely but was shocked when I looked at the stats last night

att: 32nd - 133
rush yds: 32nd - 463
rush td's: 32nd - 2
ypc: 32nd - 3.5
rush 20+ 32nd - 0
rush 40+ 32nd - 0
longest run from scrimmage: 32nd - 13 yds.
rush 1st down: 32nd - 30
1st down %: 25th - 22.6%

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You're not Jerry or Dak, so your opinion doesn't matter (lol sarcasm), never saw a player that doesn't do anything to help move your offense, get so much attention as if he's a stud in the league!
He was a heck of a player & I had no issues with his on field effort. But time to move on came several years ago and we finally made the right decision and did so. Then we undid the right decision & brought him back. It's all quite unbelievable.

Its better for everyone if you let former stars fade away quickly. Dragging it out just sullies the good memories.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think your whole rb room is washed.. I'm sure it's not news to you guys but holy hell I was surprised to see dallas is dead last in nearly every rushing category. I haven't been following too closely but was shocked when I looked at the stats last night

att: 32nd - 133
rush yds: 32nd - 463
rush td's: 32nd - 2
ypc: 32nd - 3.5
rush 20+ 32nd - 0
rush 40+ 32nd - 0
longest run from scrimmage: 32nd - 13 yds.
rush 1st down: 32nd - 30
1st down %: 25th - 22.6%
Thus making Jerry feel proud of what we have in some crazy weird way

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was a heck of a player & I had no issues with his on field effort. But time to move on came several years ago and we finally made the right decision and did so. Then we undid the right decision & brought him back. It's all quite unbelievable.

Its better for everyone if you let former stars fade away quickly. Dragging it out just sullies the good memories.
Post of the morning!!!!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You want to play smashmouth, you better get a few more linemen that are physical at the point of attack.
That's just the thing. I think our linemen are tailor made for smashmouth. Steele is YUGE, Guyton is YUGE, Beebe is YUGE, Smith is YUGE and has the strength of several men, Zack Martin is the "little guy" and I guarantee if you let him fire off the ball and get a hat on a hat the person in front of him will move. Now I know Guyton and Beebe are rooks and still need to grow into their man strength. But I have more faith in either of them moving people off the ball than I do in them dancing around finessing guys.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That's just the thing. I think our linemen are tailor made for smashmouth. Steele is YUGE, Guyton is YUGE, Beebe is YUGE, Smith is YUGE and has the strength of several men, Zack Martin is the "little guy" and I guarantee if you let him fire off the ball and get a hat on a hat the person in front of him will move. Now I know Guyton and Beebe are rooks and still need to grow into their man strength. But I have more faith in either of them moving people off the ball than I do in them dancing around finessing guys.
it almost seems like the run game needs a refresh.

maybe its the plays or the formations?

we seem to only run a few different plays. Teams likely know what we are doing.

A gap blast

WR sweep

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with bringing back players, if you know what their role is going to be.

They even brought back Walker for a season.

Zeke doesnt have that 4.4 speed anymore. that was 2000+ rushes ago.

But as a short yardage/red zone back...he's up for the job.

i.e. Rico fumbled at the 1 vs Pitt.

Cmac

Reaction score
I had hoped that when they brought Zeke back the Cowboys would commit to a more physical rushing attack with less delays, and draws. Zeke is a power downhill runner. You want production out of him you play smashmouth, that's how you get it. If you want to play finesse ball, you need a different type of back.
Well, we know our OL is not capable of smashmouth ball. Zeke doesn't fit this roster or plans. That's simply a redundancy of poor decisions up top. And I'll maintain he is not the problem despite the many Fall Guy threads, he is a result of the problems with this team.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke was washed in 2022 when we had a good line, nothings changed. This was a token pick up by the owner, wont be surprised if Jerry puts him into the ROH before any other deserving players.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It was an emotional decision to give Zeke his second contract a year early just like it was an emotional decision to bring back a very worn out Zeke for this season.
The second contract wasn't emotional, it was need. Everyone knew that Zeke was the straw that stirred the offensive drink back then so him holding out risked ruining that season. We had nothing behind him either except rookie Pollard. Same position Lamb was in this off-season and why both were paid.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zeke was washed in 2022 when we had a good line, nothings changed. This was a token pick up by the owner, wont be surprised if Jerry puts him into the ROH before any other deserving players.
Zeke is 3rd all time rusher in Dallas History.