Is Zeke washed? Offer of 10K to find videos of him being washed!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
That's just the thing. I think our linemen are tailor made for smashmouth. Steele is YUGE, Guyton is YUGE, Beebe is YUGE, Smith is YUGE and has the strength of several men, Zack Martin is the "little guy" and I guarantee if you let him fire off the ball and get a hat on a hat the person in front of him will move. Now I know Guyton and Beebe are rooks and still need to grow into their man strength. But I have more faith in either of them moving people off the ball than I do in them dancing around finessing guys.
“Huge” doesn’t mean you can play smash mouth. It’s an attitude. The saying “Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” exists for a reason. I don’t know how many Tarzan’s we have, but I do know our running game looks like Jane.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think your whole rb room is washed.. I'm sure it's not news to you guys but holy hell I was surprised to see dallas is dead last in nearly every rushing category. I haven't been following too closely but was shocked when I looked at the stats last night

att: 32nd - 133
rush yds: 32nd - 463
rush td's: 32nd - 2
ypc: 32nd - 3.5
rush 20+ 32nd - 0
rush 40+ 32nd - 0
longest run from scrimmage: 32nd - 13 yds.
rush 1st down: 32nd - 30
1st down %: 25th - 22.6%
Most of us are not surprised at these results, because they are exactly what many of us predicted would happen. We called this the worst RB room in the NFL by far before the first snap of the season. The worst GM in sports gives you the worst off season in sports, thus giving you the worst RB room in the NFL.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
“Huge” doesn’t mean you can play smash mouth. It’s an attitude. The saying “Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” exists for a reason. I don’t know how many Tarzan’s we have, but I do know our running game looks like Jane.
I think the schemes we run have more to do with how our guys look than their actual ability. Steele was the Cowboys best run blocker for the better part of two season before he got hurt. Maybe the leg aint all the way back enough for him to kick set and move to stay in front of pass rushers but I guarantee you he can move people. Tyler Smith is perfectly constructed to play smashmouth and has the temperment to do it. Beebe's college tape is filled with him "dirtin" fools. Guyton raised eyebrows in camp for doing the same to people in the run game. Go back and watch the second half of the Pittsburgh game. When Guyton went down and Tyler moved out and Bass slid in at guard we went to more power blocking and the results were easy to see. The best half of running the ball we've had all season. I just don't understand why we abandoned it the minute that game ended.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If by production you mean 3 yards a carry then I’ll agree with you
No thanks.
He is finished. There are way better power backs if that’s what you want
I Luepke was getting Zekes snaps he would be averaging better yards per carry.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The second contract wasn't emotional, it was need. Everyone knew that Zeke was the straw that stirred the offensive drink back then so him holding out risked ruining that season. We had nothing behind him either except rookie Pollard. Same position Lamb was in this off-season and why both were paid.
Then I will say it was stupid to create a 2nd contract a year early.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with bringing back players, if you know what their role is going to be.

They even brought back Walker for a season.

Zeke doesnt have that 4.4 speed anymore. that was 2000+ rushes ago.

But as a short yardage/red zone back...he's up for the job.

i.e. Rico fumbled at the 1 vs Pitt.
There is a plethora of players who offer more now though.

Einstein

Reaction score
Whether you consider him washed or not, on one play last night by the time he got the ball from the handoff he was staring at 4 SF defenders... Emmitt nor Barry would have been able to do anything there... OL play has been terrible