Is Zeke washed? Offer of 10K to find videos of him being washed!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I know I'm considered a zeke homer....but I just can;t see how this is not obvious to everyone.

I put the detorit game back on and focused on both o-lines. It's a drastic ...exasperating...situation to see Detroit make holes and us make....a brick wall.
It's painfully obvious that Zeke is not only washed, but has been for going on his third season now. The oline doesn't suck on every single play, but Zeke does.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
His production in 2022 was putrid. His yards per pass attempt might have been the worst in NFL history. Two years later we bring him back. We are such a joke.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Not sure it matters much as there is no one available to the Cowboys that is going to be better than the current roster. This season is a lost cause.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I had hoped that when they brought Zeke back the Cowboys would commit to a more physical rushing attack with less delays, and draws. Zeke is a power downhill runner. You want production out of him you play smashmouth, that's how you get it. If you want to play finesse ball, you need a different type of back.
Agree.

HungryLion

Reaction score
it does look a train wreck.

If the OL could settle down, it would help a lot.

And the play calling is trash.

The OL can be bad and Zeke can be washed. They are not mutually exclusive.

On plays where the OL blocks decent, Zeke doesn’t have the acceleration to get to the holes before they close.

Zeke used to have one of the best jump cuts in the league. He could jump cut from one hole back into a cutback lane without losing barely any speed. He can’t do that anymore either because his legs don’t have the explosiveness.

Go back and watch Zeke jump cut in his early years and then watch him
Try the same move this year. The difference in quickness is night and day.

HungryLion

Reaction score
One last thing

Stacy Elliott should retract this. He shouldn’t give 10k away for nothing since Zeke is gonna be retired next year and the NFL game checks are going to stop.

Bagman

Reaction score
Running backs can't really show what they can do in non-contact practices. Anybody can look good in two hand touch. That said, if the coaches watch practice and there are 3-5 defenders in the backfield every time he gets the ball they aint blamin that on Zeke and as such aren't going to cut his playing time because of it. The running game isn't working for two reasons.. 1) The line is playing poorly and 2) the OC won't call enough running plays to give the line a chance to gel. When I start seeing gaping holes in the defense like the ones I see Henry and others run through and our backs miss them I will blame the backs. If someone has tape of these plays happening go ahead and post them and I will stand down.
Agree on 99.9% of what you're saying. One thing different is what we don't get from Zeke or pretty much all our backs. Explosion. If you watch Gibbs from Detroit or Barkley with Philly, those guys only need that one play to open and they take it to the house. Barkley usually gets 20 carries and 15-16 get him squat. But he explodes for a 65 yarder to the house and his stats look crazy good. We need those explosive plays.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rico has proven to be the better runner in every game this year. Same game, same OL, better results. So why waste even a few carries with zeke?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The OL can be bad and Zeke can be washed. They are not mutually exclusive.

On plays where the OL blocks decent, Zeke doesn’t have the acceleration to get to the holes before they close.

Zeke used to have one of the best jump cuts in the league. He could jump cut from one hole back into a cutback lane without losing barely any speed. He can’t do that anymore either because his legs don’t have the explosiveness.

Go back and watch Zeke jump cut in his early years and then watch him
Try the same move this year. The difference in quickness is night and day.
Yup.

hes got a lot of miles on that frame.