Is Zeke washed? Offer of 10K to find videos of him being washed!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As many as we want.
Unfortunately. But don't you get tired of reading the same posts over and over from the same fans?
I know they are venting, and rightfully so on most any subject lately. I guess it is like someone playing their favorite song 10 times a day. :laugh:

Or like someone singing karaoke, you know what song they are going to sing every time.
I always laughed at classic rock stations. They play Hotel California 5 times a day, then when they have a call in request hour, what do people request ... yep ... Hotel California. :angry:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Unfortunately. But don't you get tired of reading the same posts over and over from the same fans?
I know they are venting, and rightfully so on most any subject lately. I guess it is like someone playing their favorite song 10 times a day. :laugh:

Or like someone singing karaoke, you know what song they are going to sing every time.
I always laughed at classic rock stations. They play Hotel California 5 times a day, then when they have a call in request hour, what do people request ... yep ... Hotel California. :angry:

Sometimes I get tired so I avoid those threads.

But it also keeps staying in the news because evidently the cowboys GM still can’t admit his mistakes from
This offseason.

I know when I hear snippets of Jerry lying or making excuses to the media it triggers me to keep positing about the topic. Maybe that’s a personality flaw. Idk

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OL can be bad and Zeke can be washed. They are not mutually exclusive.

On plays where the OL blocks decent, Zeke doesn’t have the acceleration to get to the holes before they close.

Zeke used to have one of the best jump cuts in the league. He could jump cut from one hole back into a cutback lane without losing barely any speed. He can’t do that anymore either because his legs don’t have the explosiveness.

Go back and watch Zeke jump cut in his early years and then watch him
Try the same move this year. The difference in quickness is night and day.
That not a very good hole. Rewatch the Detroit game closer.

Tell ya what we should do....pay someone to display all these holes they say we have.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That not a very good hole. Rewatch the Detroit game closer.

Tell ya what we should do....pay someone to display all these holes they say we have.

I have rewatched. Zeke has zero ability to create and even when there were cutback lanes he didn’t have the speed or quickness to get to them before they closed.

A RB with fresh legs and quickness would have gotten more yardage. Even though yes the OL isn’t good right now either.

He’s washed Steve. It is what it is.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have rewatched. Zeke has zero ability to create and even when there were cutback lanes he didn’t have the speed or quickness to get to them before they closed.

A RB with fresh legs and quickness would have gotten more yardage. Even though yes the OL isn’t good right now either.

He’s washed Steve. It is what it is.
Yeah...I get it already. Still gonna have to fix the o line.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think he still is.. but we can't see it if all they're gonna run him on is delay handoffs where he has to fight off a defender in the backfield. Putting him in the I doesn't solving the no blocking problem but it does solve the "struggling to get back to the line of scrimmage" problem. Zeke hitting the line with a head of steam is going to gain positive yards and leave us in 2nd and 3rd and manageable more often than not. Zeke taking delay handoffs waiting for holes that are never gonna open leaves us in 2nd and 3rd and long. The fact that Derrick Henry has more yards BEFORE contact than our entire team has period says all we should need to hear about our blocking vs that of the Ravens.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have the video! Its called, let's roll the game tape of the first few games this year. ZEKE IS WASHED.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think he still is.. but we can't see it if all they're gonna run him on is delay handoffs where he has to fight off a defender in the backfield. Putting him in the I doesn't solving the no blocking problem but it does solve the "struggling to get back to the line of scrimmage" problem. Zeke hitting the line with a head of steam is going to gain positive yards and leave us in 2nd and 3rd and manageable more often than not. Zeke taking delay handoffs waiting for holes that are never gonna open leaves us in 2nd and 3rd and long. The fact that Derrick Henry has more yards BEFORE contact than our entire team has period says all we should need to hear about our blocking vs that of the Ravens.
fair enough and 1000% right. The line is hot garbage in the run game and not great in pass blocking. However, Zeke is still washed. He is ok I guess, but nowhere near what we need. Rico aint it either. Sometimes, he just doesn't see the daylight quick enough. We have a stable of backs that wouldn't make it off most teams practice squad.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had hoped that when they brought Zeke back the Cowboys would commit to a more physical rushing attack with less delays, and draws. Zeke is a power downhill runner. You want production out of him you play smashmouth, that's how you get it. If you want to play finesse ball, you need a different type of back.
If by production you mean 3 yards a carry then I’ll agree with you
No thanks.
He is finished. There are way better power backs if that’s what you want