Isaiah Stanback breaks down film

Dre11

Reaction score
You literally sound mentally challenged.

That is a huge pocket CD is sitting wide open in had Dak anticipated correctly and thrown the ball right after CD made the break and the linebacker took the underneath route.

DF616614-8-CBA-406-A-A90-A-902-AC0281-C45.png

Wrong

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For a route downfield underneath the safety it would seem turning in front of that defender would make the most sense in that situation. Whatever the case may have been, Lamb was certainly not expected to just declare the route dead and give up on the play.

Don't think he did that. I think based on where the safety was playing, he turned it upfield to keep himself between the safety and the corner and give Dak somewhere to throw. The reads the receivers have to make aren't giving up on a play, they are going where they read that there's an opening. Lamb likely had a two-way read on the play based on the safety's position, he could either continue across or cut it up. He read that the safety wasn't moving side to side and had set his feet so knowing he could only break forward effectively, he took the route upfield. Dak should have read it that way, too. Throwing it where he did would have probably resulted in a pass breakup or Lamb getting hit if Lamb had continued across.

I don't buy the narrative that Lamb not continuing it across meant he was giving up on the play.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Don't think he did that. I think based on where the safety was playing, he turned it upfield to keep himself between the safety and the corner and give Dak somewhere to throw. The reads the receivers have to make aren't giving up on a play, they are going where they read that there's an opening. Lamb likely had a two-way read on the play based on the safety's position, he could either continue across or cut it up. He read that the safety wasn't moving side to side and had set his feet so knowing he could only break forward effectively, he took the route upfield. Dak should have read it that way, too. Throwing it where he did would have probably resulted in a pass breakup or Lamb getting hit if Lamb had continued across.

I don't buy the narrative that Lamb not continuing it across meant he was giving up on the play.
That was the narrative being pushed by Sturm and what drew my ire.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My issue is was the play call from its inception at the time of the game

Dak deniers will point to the throw others will point to route CeeDee ran I just think it’s an unnecessary play call . Thankfully it only cost 3 and we won but it could have been a different tune
I agree either way it wasn’t a good play. Deck should not have thrown the ball, and CeeDee Lamb should’ve not turned it up field