Isaiah Stanback breaks down film

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
with 40 seconds left before halftime and 1 timeout I expect Dallas just to take the 28 to 14 lead into halftime. I think they got greedy and it ended up costing them 3 points.

It cost Dallas at least 6 points.

Cowboys lost out on at least 3 points and Bears scored 3 points after turnover.

starfan1

Reaction score
Just watching this thread is comical if you don’t like Dak Isiah’ full of crap
If you do like Dak then Sturm is
I myself am going with Moore being stupid but hey we won handily

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well, CeeDee didn't make a mistake by stutter stepping. I'm still confused by Stanback's explanation. But I do appreciate the breakdown.
I meant CeeDee "DID" make a mistake by stutter stepping. You could see him stop and then speed back up on the film. :(

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I meant CeeDee "DID" make a mistake by stutter stepping. You could see him stop and then speed back up on the film. :(

Yea there is no reason to slow down coming out of your break like that. If Lamb didn't slow up the ball hits him in the numbers. Maybe the safety knocks it out or maybe Lamb breaks the tackle and takes it to the house. But shouldn't have been a pick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's not up to the WR to decide whether or not the route is dead before the whistle. He is supposed to go full tilt with the route according to the coverage. The play was there if he didn't drift up-field.

Wide receivers have options on their routes, which is why it is important that they and the quarterback are on the same page. If they read that the safety is sitting on the route, then they option out. If appeared to me that Lamb read the safety and took his route upfield instead of trying to cross in front of him. Dak expected him to cross in front of the safety. I can't say 100 percent who read it wrong. Looking at where the safety is, though, I tend to think that was a throw Dak shouldn't have made. After the play, he even looked like a QB who knew he shouldn't have made that throw.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
My issue is was the play call from its inception at the time of the game

Dak deniers will point to the throw others will point to route CeeDee ran I just think it’s an unnecessary play call . Thankfully it only cost 3 and we won but it could have been a different tune

All 3 things were bad. The playcall, route and the throw. Ceedee ran a lazy flat route, Dak then threw a bad pass.

Why are we even throwing right there? Just go into halftime and re-group. If you want to take a shot, do it down the sideline or a deep throw down the field. I get being aggressive but that wasn't really the place. Still a whole half left. I get if we were down and really needing to make something happen but we weren't. Still up 14 on a lesser team. Don't give them any life.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Neither does assuming we are Calling all people Dak Haters just those whom oppose those whom have played, coached and worked professionally in the NFL at a high level... @SultanOfSix has none of the qualifications.... Authority (gained from experience) matters or we'll have Eye Test coaches starting their Sons at every home game...

There are also Forum posters with catchy leadership names like @SultanOfSix who has not been doxxed but we should take his Eye Test opinion because....what???

Dak Haters have educated themselves into imbecility

You are a Dak Hater IF resumes and experience doesn't matter ESPECIALLY IF it disagrees with your Eye Test Opinion....

They are not saying they are authorities, they are PROVING it with FACTs and coupled with their experience that interprets the FACTS.

Who is @SultanOfSix?

Why should we believe him?

Does @SultanOfSix know the plays?:lmao2:

Bravo....general consensus

But the Experts whom don't matter to you disagree about the INT.....Dak Hater
You literally sound mentally challenged.

That is a huge pocket CD is sitting wide open in had Dak anticipated correctly and thrown the ball right after CD made the break and the linebacker took the underneath route.

DF616614-8-CBA-406-A-A90-A-902-AC0281-C45.png

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Stanback, Stanback!!

(Stevie Nicks twirling in a black dress circa 1982)

lalalala la la la…..

Help me out @Corso

I’ve got nothing else for this.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Wide receivers have options on their routes, which is why it is important that they and the quarterback are on the same page. If they read that the safety is sitting on the route, then they option out. If appeared to me that Lamb read the safety and took his route upfield instead of trying to cross in front of him. Dak expected him to cross in front of the safety. I can't say 100 percent who read it wrong. Looking at where the safety is, though, I tend to think that was a throw Dak shouldn't have made. After the play, he even looked like a QB who knew he shouldn't have made that throw.
For a route downfield underneath the safety it would seem turning in front of that defender would make the most sense in that situation. Whatever the case may have been, Lamb was certainly not expected to just declare the route dead and give up on the play.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
CD gave up on the play. He thought "no way Dak can fit that in there" and yet Dak did. He needs to have more trust in his QB.

Qcard

Reaction score
You literally sound mentally challenged.

That is a huge pocket CD is sitting wide open in had Dak anticipated correctly and thrown the ball right after CD made the break and the linebacker took the underneath route.

DF616614-8-CBA-406-A-A90-A-902-AC0281-C45.png
Goalpost shift....thank you for changing your strategy.

So let's rate the play on its merits instead checking checking each other's credentials :lmao2:

1. Eddie Jackson starts backpeddling pre snap from 38 yard line. Top of the backpeddle break was 8-9 yards at 48yard from where Jackson broke on the face mask level pass on a rope. INT happened at 45 yard line

2. Lamb did not drive off the top of his route and drifted up field. Top of the route was the 38 yard line. If Lambs drives down the 42-43 yardline, he likely snags the face mask high pass before Jackson.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Goalpost shift....thank you for changing your strategy.

So let's rate the play on its merits instead checking checking each other's credentials :lmao2:

1. Eddie Jackson starts backpeddling pre snap from 38 yard line. Top of the backpeddle break was 8-9 yards at 48yard from where Jackson broke on the face mask level pass on a rope. INT happened at 45 yard line

2. Lamb did not drive off the top of his route and drifted up field. Top of the route was the 38 yard line. If Lambs drives down the 42, he likely snags the face mask high pass before Jackson.
There is no goal post shift. Do you even know what that means? I’ve been arguing from the video since the beginning. Also, I clearly delineated your reliance on an argument from authority fallacy.

Lamb does not “drift up field” at all.

CD is wide open in the zone. Clearly at 7s. He’s NFL open even before that picture if Dak anticipated him correctly at the point of the break and when the linebacker shifted to the underneath route where he would’ve hit him if he threw it to before him reaching that point at the end of 7s. The safety is literally almost 15 yards away from CD at the beginning of 7s and Dak has the ball reach the safety before CD even gets there. It’s an inaccurate throw based on Dak’s propensity to wait for the receiver to be open enough for him so he can target him.

Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
There is no goal post shift. Do you even know what that means? I’ve been arguing from the video since the beginning. Also, I clearly delineated your reliance on an argument from authority fallacy.

Lamb does not “drift up field” at all.

CD is wide open in the zone. Clearly at 7s. He’s NFL open even before that picture if Dak anticipated him correctly at the point of the break and when the linebacker shifted to the underneath route where he would’ve hit him if he threw it to before him reaching that point at the end of 7s. The safety is literally almost 15 yards away from CD at the beginning of 7s and Dak has the ball reach the safety before CD even gets there. It’s an inaccurate throw based on Dak’s propensity to wait for the receiver to be open enough for him so he can target him.

How do have a conversation with someone who thinks Dak has "propensity" to wait for receiver to be open?

Exactly what STAT quantifies this made up Eye Test?

Exactly in what measurable column do we grade Prescott against other QBs propensities?

We already have and Prescott is even or much better than most QBs tight window throws!!!

Dak Haters would start their Sons at a girls soccer match

Bye Felicia....can't have a discussion with a person with no boundaries but their "educated Eye Test" w warped world view.

Show me the tight window stats or move along Dak Hater

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
How do have a conversation with someone who thinks Dak has "propensity" to wait for receiver to be open?

Exactly what STAT quantifies this made up Eye Test?

Exactly in what measurable column do we grade Prescott against other QBs propensities?

We already have and Prescott is even or much better than most QBs tight window throws!!!

Dak Haters would start their Sons at a girls soccer match

Bye Felicia....can't have a discussion with a person with no boundaries but their "educated Eye Test" w warped world view.

Show me the tight window stats or move along Dak Hater
Talk about shifting goal posts “Dak lover”.

Where did I say anything about “tight windows”? Not everything has to be quantifiable or measurable to be existent. But to do that, you would have to go back and analyze every play where Dak was late and see when he threw it compared to when he should’ve. Does even such a stat exist? And even if it did, that is IRRELEVANT for this play Mr. Goal Post shifter <— an actual appropriate usage of the terminology. That is what is being discussed, not every throw that Dak has made that was possibly late.

Qcard

Reaction score
Talk about shifting goal posts “Dak lover”.

Where did I say anything about “tight windows”? Not everything has to be quantifiable or measurable to be existent. But to do that, you would have to go back and analyze every play where Dak was late and see when he threw it compared to when he should’ve. Does even such a stat exist? And even if it did, that is IRRELEVANT for this play Mr. Goal Post shifter <— an actual appropriate usage of the terminology. That is what is being discussed, not every throw that Dak has made that was possibly late.
What do pRoPEnsItY mean??

Big words zero context but my Eye Test?

Capiche!!

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Sadly, this is appears to be the pattern and reason teams shied away from Lamb at draft....

I think Lamb is not a very savvy WR.
Sadly no one shied away from ceedee, he was the third receiver picked in a receiver heavy class. He literally proved himself in the cfp went for 119 yards against #1 LSU. What did Dak do? That’s right, he didn’t make it to the cfp. Look at his record in college, he sucked against ranked teams, still does.lol. Dak hater am not, but I’m also not blind and can’t wait til he too leaves this team with all the disrespect he gets. Love my Cowboys, but some fans are just nuts on never giving Dak his share of the blame.