Isn’t it crazy a 5-1 start was enough to bench HOF romo?

Ebnorice

Reaction score
I love Romo as much as the next guy.

But I’m sorry man Romo is not a HOF

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
What this tells me is that Jerry should have traded for Foles , doesn't look like either of the QB's were and are good enough.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Meanwhhile Foles won a Super Bowl and Wentz’s job was secure as ever. This tells me that jerry jones and garret simply didn’t believe romo was great. Great enough to outplay a raw 4th round rookie with little starting reps.

Honestly I believe they didn’t want to see their guy get paralyzed and decided to protect him from himself. And of course they used the hot hand excuse.. Romo was another bad hit away from being a cripple...

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Romo hadn’t started and finished 2 games in a row in over two years. His body was completely and utterly failing. There was no decision - it was time to move on.

This is coming from a huge Romo fan (check the user name).

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Meanwhhile Foles won a Super Bowl and Wentz’s job was secure as ever. This tells me that jerry jones and garret simply didn’t believe romo was great. Great enough to outplay a raw 4th round rookie with little starting reps.

Why cant people see that Romo could have permanently gotten injured had he continued. I dont think the FO wanted to deal with that possibility especially when he has a family to raise.

Too many injuries and that back is no joke to play around with. In situations like that it's best not to risk it any further.

I can tell you now that had Romo end up in a wheel chair for the rest of his life the FO would have never been forgiven.

He was already a fan favorite just like he still is now so alot of you guys would have been all over this for years and years.

Fans blaming the dak situation are only thinking about themselves.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
He was a backup QB. He knows backup caliber talent.

And he seems to have gotten exactly that in Dak.

Yes, he was a backup. Regarding his ability to judge talent, it's exponentially better than anyone that posts here.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What this tells me is that Jerry should have traded for Foles , doesn't look like either of the QB's were and are good enough.

Could have gotten him for a song. I really wanted to do that but I was drowned out by the laughter raining down on me.

:laugh:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Oh good lord.

Here are the last 5 times Romo suited up for the Cowboys before the Dak decision was made:
Game 2, 2015: sacked, broke his collarbone in the 3rd quarter, missed 7 games.
Game 10, 2015: made it through the game.
Game 11, 2015: sacked, broke his collarbone in the 3rd quarter, out for the season
Preseason game 2, 2016: threw 5 passes before being replaced by Dak.
Preseason game 3, 2016: sacked on the 3rd play, broke his back, out at least 10 weeks.

Do you possibly sense some kind of pattern here, anything at all that might suggest some reason other than the relative quality of their play (when healthy) that would cause the team to prefer to stick with Dak?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yes, he was a backup. Regarding his ability to judge talent, it's exponentially better than anyone that posts here.

Unless Nate Newton posts here. Which me might.

And either way, the guy whose clipboard Garrett carried says Dak has serious accuracy issues and has been dogging him lately.

I'm going with Aikman.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lol, people getting all bent out of shape over the troll-meister and his posts...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Romo wasn’t benched. He got hurt :facepalm:

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I wonder if Garrett's background as a backup QB for the Cowboys in the 1990s (Aikman's backup) made him more sympathetic to Dak over Romo. He may have likes the idea of "underdog unknown backup seizes the day and propels himself to career fame."

Like a 16-game extended version of Garrett's own Thanksgiving performance against the packers in 1994.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Not being able to get hit in ANY kind of way is what did Romo in.. Not a player, not a record just being coming injury prone. Why don't people get that when your body calls it quits there's no coming back from that. I don't get it..

kskboys

Reaction score
What on God's green earth possessed you to start yet another Romo/Dak thread. The whole front page is frickin' littered w/ them. Sure'd be nice if you'd maybe check first next time to avoid extreme repetition.