Issac Alarcon can take Tyron’s spot

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Please noooo. Hes physically not fast enough and I don't think he's got the mental part of the game either.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Please noooo. Hes physically not fast enough and I don't think he's got the mental part of the game either.

He is the strongest player and has better foot movement than Steele. He had zero mental lapse when he played vs Ball & Waletsko whiffing on multiple plays and getting dominated all off-season in practice.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Other than Smith, there's not much difference between any of the other OTs on the roster. None are close to Tyron's level.

Put the best athlete of the bunch at LT, if he can't handle the position then put somebody else in there.

That's assuming they can't pick up a tackle somewhere, either a trade or a free agent, which would be the better choice, from an experience level if nothing else.

Whoever is out there it's going to be an issue all year long....

csirl

Reaction score
On Alarcon.

I assume that he was chosen to go on the program because he has all the necessary athletic measurables in terms of speed, strength, size etc., but needs work on technique etc due to not being exposed to professional or BCS level coaching. The aim of the program is that after 2 yesrs of pro level coaching, the player should be able to compete for a roster spot from years 3 onwards. As the is a lot of competition to get on this program, I assume his athletic measurables are very high?

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm posting this, but Dak_09 may be on to something. While the crew on Cowboys Break obviously doesn't pick the 53, they ALL agreed that Alarcon should be in the mix. I know...I just made Dak_09's head swell
:facepalm:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
On Alarcon.

I assume that he was chosen to go on the program because he has all the necessary athletic measurables in terms of speed, strength, size etc., but needs work on technique etc due to not being exposed to professional or BCS level coaching. The aim of the program is that after 2 yesrs of pro level coaching, the player should be able to compete for a roster spot from years 3 onwards. As the is a lot of competition to get on this program, I assume his athletic measurables are very high?

How many 6-2 and 260 lb'ers. who run a 5.2 forty OTs are there in the NFL?
How many wide receivers who run a 5.0 forty are there in the NFL?
How many kickers that can only kick a fg from 40 yards or less in the NFL?

None, of course. Every NFL player has "measurables" for his position. Alacon would not be on the Cowboys in any way, shape or form (as a player) if he didn't have a certain amount of size, strength, speed/quickness. He's listed as, depending on where you look, at 6-6/7 and 315/320 lbs. That's certainly big enough to play OT in the NFL. It was only pre-season but he did make a couple of plays, so he's got at least a modicum of football knowledge and ability, it's not like Tim Tebow with his laughable stumbling and bumbling trying to play tight end.

Won't hurt anybody to just say "we'll see what he does"....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Issac Alarcon is the best option for LT with better feet & strength than both Ball & Waletsko.
P.S. the jones are setting up Dak to fail. :angry:

King of Nonsense, not exactly a goal worth chasing, but well done.