It’s fascinating how hard the Eagles try and hide Hurts’ deficiencies

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They really value O-line, and they have a chance to keep this unit together a few more years. Mailata and Dickerson are under contract for 3 more years. Kelce will probably retire, but his clone was drafted this year and is learning under him. Johnson is still under contract I believe through 2023. He'll be 33 next year but has indicated that he would like to end his career with the Eagles. I think they keep this unit over Hurts if it comes down to $$$$$. I think Dak would florish behind that line.

+1 and check this out.......their draft order if the season ended today

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It will be a different game next time we see them, totally agree

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not sure where you get this moral victory stuff as my post wasn't to pump our team. It was to point out your offensive style isn't made to score quickly and blow out teams easily. The game on Sunday proves that. Yes, you have an easy schedule, and you won't be challenged much but once you play a team with a good sound offense and defense, you'll have hard time winning games if you get behind.

Maybe, maybe not. We can’t know until we know

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong they are pretty good at it thus far, but the amount of smoke and mirrors and lengths they go to to avoid putting him in anything remotely resembling an obvious drop back passing situation is crazy. Even Baltimore didn’t do it to this degree with Lamar in his first full year.

He had 34 drop backs tonight and only on NINE did he not have a designed RPO, roll out or a single read quick hitter. On two of those he was sacked and on three more he scrambled. He threw the ball FOUR TIMES on traditional drop backs and had two completions.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.

I think the RPO is sustainable if you have the talent to make it work. It's like Jimmy Johnson's offense in the 90s. It was a college style offense that worked because of talent.

Next time, if they let Parson's lose like that, I would have him go straight at Hurts. Give him a lick or two. It might make this decide whether to put someone in on Parsons or not.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I agree. This is a gimmick offense and will be figured out. Do they play the Patriots this year because Bill Belichick is awesome at figuring offenses like this out? BTW, if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times, I wonder what happens.
What is gimmickry about running the ball down your throat? BTW, Belichick didn't figure it out in SB LII.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
So true! :laugh:

it’s going to be so hilarious when they start playing bad. It’s coming. I think they put everything into that game…reminds me of the 92 Eagles.

There’s never been a flash in the pan offense with an opportunistic defense that didn’t go onto win the Super Bowl other than every season

jsb357

Reaction score
It’s fascinating how hard the Eagles try and hide Hurts’ deficiencies

I dunno, I think a good coach would always evaluate the personnel at his disposal
and based upon their skill set give them the best chance to succeed.

Not force them into situations where they don't have the talent, skills, or experience
necessary to make the play.

Ken

Reaction score
They really value O-line, and they have a chance to keep this unit together a few more years. Mailata and Dickerson are under contract for 3 more years. Kelce will probably retire, but his clone was drafted this year and is learning under him. Johnson is still under contract I believe through 2023. He'll be 33 next year but has indicated that he would like to end his career with the Eagles. I think they keep this unit over Hurts if it comes down to $$$$$. I think Dak would florish behind that line.
We value it too.

Ours outperformed theirs so far this year imo. That is with all the injuries we have had so far this year.

Our RT is in his 3rd year and I haven't seen anyone play better than him this year, including Johnson. Our LT is a rookie and looks to be a future stud. Our Franchise LT hasn't even played all year and our HOF RG has 3 years at a high level in him left.

Our Center is developing before our eyes. LG is the only real question after this year...