It’s fascinating how hard the Eagles try and hide Hurts’ deficiencies

Wizarus

Reaction score
This thread reeks of desperate coping. This era of QBs is easily a tier below tier previous one, when Romo was up against Prime versions of Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees and more. That's ok, teams just roll with what they have.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
They convert third downs at a pretty high rate. They even did so last year. Other teams that do that well would include Buffalo and KC. The Rams and the Chargers have also been pretty good for the last 2 years. This is good company to keep. I hate the Eagles but I can at least admit it when I see a good quality and consistent offense. Eagles fans should enjoy it while it lasts though. It will not be defenses that catches up to them. Either the QB will get hurt or he will sign a new deal and will become too "valuable" to keep running the same offense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hurts is willing and able to run for the first down when it is needed and it is going to be very hard to stop

^^this, Hurts is literally the same running threat as Sanders but imagine he touches the ball on every offensive play. I'm guessing the first defense to stop them will probably have a very spy on Hurts for the entire game.

Ren

Reaction score
it's working, no one has stopped them yet.
They way they attacked our D was borderline genius they turned our biggest strength into a liability, i wish our coaches were that good

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Either the QB will get hurt or he will sign a new deal and will become too "valuable" to keep running the same offense.

+1......This is Hurts's 3rd year, so they have to start nego with him next season. Then there's Smith and a couple of O-linemen. My guess, knowing Roseman, is they will go all in this year and next to try a win a SB. If they do, he will start moving valuable pieces (players ) for draft picks.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hurts isn't a pocket passer and the Eagles have figured out an offense that works with what they got......... can't argue the results at this point. They are 6-0.

Smith22

Reaction score
Give it another 4-6 games. The NFL defenses will figure it out and Hurts will look like the average QB he really is

Hit the QB every time they run RPO. Eventually they will decide it isn't in their best interest to run RPO any more, unless they like putting in their 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Hit the QB every time they run RPO. Eventually they will decide it isn't in their best interest to run RPO any more, unless they like putting in their 2nd and 3rd string QBs.
As bad as this sounds it is 100% accurate IMHO. The defender if faced with the decision between QB and RB should just attack the QB every time. Even if he hands it off. It may leave you short handed against the run but so be it. No QB is gonna remain keen on that offense if they are getting the crap beat out of them. Key on the QB that way you take away the QB run and you can affect the QB pass. It leaves you vulnerable to the run but at least then you have a plan. Standing there undecided accomplishes nothing.

Smith22

Reaction score
As bad as this sounds it is 100% accurate IMHO. The defender if faced with the decision between QB and RB should just attack the QB every time. Even if he hands it off. It may leave you short handed against the run but so be it. No QB is gonna remain keen on that offense if they are getting the crap beat out of them. Key on the QB that way you take away the QB run and you can affect the QB pass. It leaves you vulnerable to the run but at least then you have a plan. Standing there undecided accomplishes nothing.

Exactly. Most QBs aren't built to run the ball consistently and those hits will add up. Heck, the league has went out of its way to protect QBs and the RPO actually gives you the chance to hit/tackle a QB without drawing a penalty.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Whenever he held the ball, It spelled doom for their offense.

against a balanced team with a real defensive minded
Head coach, he’ll get exposed.

We just panicked and mismanaged the game. Reminded me of year one with McCarthy.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
This is what Seattle did to RG||| when he was hot

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.

Let’s hope you’re right because I’d love to see teams start figuring it out and the Eagles implode.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong they are pretty good at it thus far, but the amount of smoke and mirrors and lengths they go to to avoid putting him in anything remotely resembling an obvious drop back passing situation is crazy. Even Baltimore didn’t do it to this degree with Lamar in his first full year.

He had 34 drop backs tonight and only on NINE did he not have a designed RPO, roll out or a single read quick hitter. On two of those he was sacked and on three more he scrambled. He threw the ball FOUR TIMES on traditional drop backs and had two completions.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.

It was crazy, if we put any pressure on them to pass we win that game. Turnovers and short fields just were to much to overcome.

fifaguy

Reaction score
It's working for now.. Will be nice when teams learn how to actually defend it well.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Whenever he held the ball, It spelled doom for their offense.

against a balanced team with a real defensive minded
Head coach, he’ll get exposed.

We just panicked and mismanaged the game. Reminded me of year one with McCarthy.

How’d Mike mismanage the game? If the offense had better QB play, we win this game. We lost by only 9 points despite Rush throwing three picks.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
How’d Mike mismanage the game? If the offense had better QB play, we win this game. We lost by only 9 points despite Rush throwing three picks.
Not challenging the spot, goin for it on 4th down in your own territory without much thought(should’ve taken a timeout at least to talk it over and come up with a better play)should’ve slowed down the game Instead the fast tempo to help out the defense

glimmerman

Reaction score
We got out of our quick hitter short passes and they felt we needed in that game to go deeper. Wasn’t needed. It causes picks. Elliot was hot and needed about 5 more carries. More shorter passes to these young TEs. MM missed a chance at a challenge that was a obvious bad spot. That was a first down. All we needed to do was not turn the ball over. Turnovers caused us 10 points. We lost by 9.

Even with Dak back we need to stick with this same formula. Run the ball and play action. Short passes and the longer shots will open later..