It’s one game

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Dallas defense hasnt been good in a very long time.

The 12-4 and 13-3 seasons of late was about the offense helping out the defense largely.

That doesnt seem to be the case anymore and until it does, things wont be any better.

It's going to take years to fix this defense as is.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I told people that Garrett did not take over the offensive play calling after game 3 of last year.

Now I have proof beyond just Kellen, Dak, and Garrett already saying that did not occur.
Imagine that.....They weren't all 3 bald-faced liars after all.

However, for those saying all KM was calling was short routes. That's not true. They had deeper routes in the route trees through the game. All the time really.

I never thought he took over the play calling. I thought he took more control over the game planning during the week. Once the game plan is installed, Moore could only call the plays on his sheet which I thought was heavily influenced by Garrett throughout the week of practice. Now, I'm not so sure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
its not how you start its how you finish many teams start out 3-0 vs 1-2 and many of those 3-0 teams dont make the playoffs but the 1-2 teams do, we started 3-5 and made it to the 2nd rounds of the playoffs.. chill the f out people it is just one game and the new staff needs chance to evaluate and make changes after each game, they can find their stride. Didnt the titans make such wholesale changes last year and made the AFCCG weren't they like 3-5 i cant Remember but jeez give this a dang chance these threads about doom and gloom are just out of control after ONE Game..

insufferable fans

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well what have they been doing the whole time? Are you telling me MM sat around for a year and concluded Jason Garrett was a football genius and everything he did was the best way to do things? That's what Sunday Night looked like because that looked like the exact same team doing the exact same things on both sides of the ball. There is nothing to be excited about because nothing is different except the head coach looks twice as big now.
What I think happened to start it off was LA went right down the field to start the game which surprised them and then they witnessed the dismantling of their OL. Add to that LA's OL was the problem last year, the Cowboys didn't expect them to own the los.

22, the Rams addressed their biggest issue last season, the OL and the run game, McVay depends on that. The Cowboys addressed their passing game and pass rush.

It is too early to make any real assessments, including if they'd looked really good in LA. It's a new coaching staff with some new pieces and now they have to address a lost starter at MLB and TE and a backup at RT.

I like to see a coaching staff address adversity but I didn't think this one would have to do it this early or get hit in 3 of the worst depth spots on the team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
glim, nice try and you are right but you know better than to expect any posters to go "you know, you're right". In fact, they usually get more pissed the next day, today, after they get to see and hear from Booger and the coaches.

I am much more interested to see how they respond against ATL this week than how they played in LA.

I would really have liked to see McC in his post game go "Relax, R E L A X, Relax". He might have even gotten a text form Rodgers after that.

We had some threads welcoming McC in the off season and a could after that game but I don't think even he imagined that his first Must Win game would be his 2nd one.

I want recognition for that too. I worked in Must Win earlier than anyone else and you know it was coming, just not this soon. If he loses to ATL and is headed to SEA, he's going to think GB was a party.
The players she to respond. They didn’t play well together but with no preseason I guess it makes it harder. I didn’t think the rams looked much better. We just made one more mistake then they did. The missed FG and going for it on 4th down instead of taking the tie. Which in the end would have made our last drive less needed.

This Defense needs to get it together and zip up the middle. And our O-Line needs to get their poop in a group. With us playing donald and him throwing people around didn’t shock me. He is a beast.

Dak will get more comfortable. And Elliot does look in better shape. Jarwin injury will hurt us.

glimmerman

Reaction score
true and the kick was over 50 so?

Im sick and angry over all the negativity, yes it was disappointing and post about being unhappy is expected but off the rails crazy posts about every player sux, MM is a fraud, KM should not be kept and all the players balah blah..it makes it much worse and its sickening..just fn sickening..

Like im surrounded by other teams fans..just sad really..one dang game on the road lost by 3 after this type of offseason where we might not have had football at all, and this response is SAD..

CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a win. To me it looked typical with the mistakes but first game. Let’s see if the mistakes are happening in mid season. I was hoping Lamb on 4th down would shake that tackle. His post game interview he took it serious. He knew we needed that. A simple play like that was the game. Not sure why he did that when our Defense wasn’t playing together yet.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's one game, ok, but it's more like it's 25 years of the same old, same old.
I expected it to be sloppy. Was hoping to see us sacking the qb most of the night. Right off the bat it was quick passes and seemed like we werent ready.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beat ATL and it all calms down but lose to them and I don't think you should start an "It's only two games" thread. Might have to get you into the Posters' Protection Program.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What I think happened to start it off was LA went right down the field to start the game which surprised them and then they witnessed the dismantling of their OL. Add to that LA's OL was the problem last year, the Cowboys didn't expect them to own the los.

22, the Rams addressed their biggest issue last season, the OL and the run game, McVay depends on that. The Cowboys addressed their passing game and pass rush.

It is too early to make any real assessments, including if they'd looked really good in LA. It's a new coaching staff with some new pieces and now they have to address a lost starter at MLB and TE and a backup at RT.

I like to see a coaching staff address adversity but I didn't think this one would have to do it this early or get hit in 3 of the worst depth spots on the team.
Jarwin going down hurts for sure. He wasn’t going to be a world beater but was better than what we have.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Beat ATL and it all calms down but lose to them and I don't think you should start an "It's only two games" thread. Might have to get you into the Posters' Protection Program.
Only 2 games thread would not come across well. Hoping we get some success this week. We need to punch a team in the mouth instead of being punched.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need a win. To me it looked typical with the mistakes but first game. Let’s see if the mistakes are happening in mid season. I was hoping Lamb on 4th down would shake that tackle. His post game interview he took it serious. He knew we needed that. A simple play like that was the game. Not sure why he did that when our Defense wasn’t playing together yet.
no wee need 9-11 wins and that can happen anytime to make the playoffs, there is one more WC team this season.. its not how you start its how you finished and MM and this new staff should get the benefit of the doubt..you want garett gone , you have to give MM a season to get it figured out and revisit this if going into game 15 it look just as bad or worse..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Only 2 games thread would not come across well. Hoping we get some success this week. We need to punch a team in the mouth instead of being punched.
yes it would we shouldnt be so harsh and judgmental until he season is Actually lost, not few games..i remember all this wanting to tank wanting to have it all gone after 3-5 in 2018 that turned out pretty well.. you cant go off the rail negative and have as many its over fraud get rid and scrap it all posts the entire primes nothing changed doesnt hold water until seasons end..jeez..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anyone see how the giants did with JG handling the offense. Don’t think there great rb did so well.

I think MM will rally the troops and get them together.
I watched it and he called it a little differently because of that suspect OL but he kept calling Barkley's number to keep them honest. He had to, once they got untracked, the Steelers looked ready to play. Their DL play was second only to the Rams opening weekend.

Rothliesberger was rusty to start off but that's why they have a great D. A great D can keep it close and keep them in the game while they work the bugs out. I still can't stand him but find myself pulling for his comeback. At his age and that injury with no assurance he could ever throw again, most guys would have called it quits.

glimmerman

Reaction score
no wee need 9-11 wins and that can happen anytime to make the playoffs, there is one more WC team this season.. its not how you start its how you finished and MM and this new staff should get the benefit of the doubt..you want garett gone , you have to give MM a season to get it figured out and revisit this if going into game 15 it look just as bad or worse..
Injuries is the only way it gets worse from here. We will be scrambling to get our new MLB ready this week. And Jarwin hurts. We will get Lee and Collins back in week 3 or after week 3. Will give some relief. Would like to be 2-1 when they return. Things need to be worked out. Still not happy about that call at the end. I don’t think it was OPI. But just my opinion.

glimmerman

Reaction score
yes it would we shouldnt be so harsh and judgmental until he season is Actually lost, not few games..i remember all this wanting to tank wanting to have it all gone after 3-5 in 2018 that turned out pretty well.. you cant go off the rail negative and have as many its over fraud get rid and scrap it all posts the entire primes nothing changed doesnt hold water until seasons end..jeez..
Under JG we were having some repeat mistakes into the season. I want to see if we can fix some of these things and get it going forward. No preseason changed things. This was our teams first full speed time against other players besides our own. Lol.