It’s time for the big boys to show up

glimmerman

Reaction score
I just don't want to watch us run up the middle for our first 6-7 runs and then convince ourselves that we can't run it the rest of the day.. One thing I will say is that getting up 14-17 points is not enough to stop the 49ers from running the ball. That's just not who they are. They were down 17-0 to the Rams and kept running it.. So if the Cowboys go up 21-10 I expect no different. They believe in the run.. Unlike our OC.
I have to believe Moore and MM will try more runs off tackle and toss plays to Tyrons side at least. He does it some during the season and has success but goes back to up the gut. I think they keep running and we will keep stuffing it.. They are working on the run all week. I just hope it don’t stop us from bringing heat on the qb..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have to believe Moore and MM will try more runs off tackle and toss plays to Tyrons side at least. He does it some during the season and has success but goes back to up the gut. I think they keep running and we will keep stuffing it.. They are working on the run all week. I just hope it don’t stop us from bringing heat on the qb..
I was thinking the same thing. This will not be a vanilla football game

glimmerman

Reaction score
I love when we play up-tempo . We just don’t have time to make the mistakes lol.
Exactly. We execute and we pick up firsts and move the ball and force them to take a time out early. If we don’t execute them it’s a 3 and out in 29 seconds..

Swagger

Reaction score
Because we won games being down that much pre-make no mistake about it there’s no such thing as garbage time stats. In this League people just use it to make things sound worse than what they are
I agree that garbage time stats are overplayed by people on here (including myself) but come on man that Denver game was done and dusted

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree that garbage time stats are overplayed by people on here (including myself) but come on man that Denver game was done and dusted
I understand that. But that’s not the normal.

Swagger

Reaction score
I understand that. But that’s not the normal.
Can I ask you a question and you don't have to answer - I don't mean any disrespect by it, I'm just interested but how old are you? I'm 39 by the way. I feel like some people on here are a fair bit older than me and have been Cowboy fans for like 50-60 years which I can only massively respect.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can I ask you a question and you don't have to answer - I don't mean any disrespect by it, I'm just interested but how old are you? I'm 39 by the way. I feel like some people on here are a fair bit older than me and have been Cowboy fans for like 50-60 years which I can only massively respect.
I’m 67. I’ve been a fan of the Cowboys since my military Days. Overseas all you could get was the Cowboys. Roger Staubach how can I not love the star and what it represented. I’m 20 minutes from Gillette stadium. Screw the patriots lol. I rely on speak and text. I have neuropathy pain nerve damage in my fingers from the military. My post get Garbled, now and then let people know that about me and they let it go just saying. Appreciate it I Cowboys brother

Swagger

Reaction score
I’m 67. I’ve been a fan of the Cowboys since my military Days. Overseas all you could get was the Cowboys. Roger Staubach how can I not love the star and what it represented. I’m 20 minutes from Gillette stadium. Screw the patriots lol. I rely on speak and text. I have neuropathy pain nerve damage in my fingers from the military. My post get Donald now and then let people know that about me and they let it go just saying. Appreciate it I Cowboys brother
Wow. Sorry to hear that man. We have disagreed on a few bits and pieces in the past but you are a legend on here and I wish you all the very best. At least you got to enjoy the previous Superbowls wins!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow. Sorry to hear that man. We have disagreed on a few bits and pieces in the past but you are a legend on here and I wish you all the very best. At least you got to enjoy the previous Superbowls wins!
Apologize if I get over excited sometimes. Football is very emotional to me. I’m glad I got to know you

Swagger

Reaction score
Apologize if I get over excited sometimes. Football is very emotional to me. I’m glad I got to know you
Please don't apologize man. Sport is all about passion and I think given how much we all argue on here just goes to show how much it means to everyone which is kind of fantastic in its own way.

Mark

Reaction score
Need to jump out early, for sure. Playing from behind is not this team's strong suit.

plymkr

Reaction score
I hear coach, telling them this right now. Elliot looked like he really wanted to run the football the last couple of games. Not just going through the motions. I think we’re ready.
We're ready, hungry and confident

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

glimmer--total agreement

jnday

Reaction score
There is no such thing as garbage time stats.
Garbage time stats have existed since the beginning of the NFL. It just so happens that those stats have been put up by the Cowboys these last few years. When Dallas faces a team that is playing with most of their starters are out due to a Covid or other reasons, it is not much of an accomplishment to put up big numbers. There was months of posting on this board about nobody being able to stop this unstoppable offense with all of the weapons available. This is true when playing really bad defenses , but in the losses where the offense was embarrassingly bad, it was due to the inability of the offense to execute when playing good competition. Running up the score on terrible teams is the pure definition of “garbage time “ stats.

ICP

Reaction score
What I most want to see is a killer instinct from this team. Just go out and dominate and make a statement that we are here to win the whole thing. And Yes, the 'Big Boys' need to put in those big boy pants and lead this team to victory. No disappearing acts or 'I've got to be better' talk