It’s time for the big boys to show up

RonWashington

Reaction score
Safeties should play a huge role in this game . Donovan Wilson when healthy has been an absolute steal as a 6th round pick and great addition near the line of scrimmage in run support and short passing game while Hooker and Kazee will go a long way in helping the DB’s out with Aiyuk and Samuels.

Could very well be the best weekend game .

It’s a strange feeling but I think Joesph in obvious passing down with SF down late 4th quarter gets his first professional pick .

Verdict

Reaction score
There is no such thing as garbage time stats.

I don’t know about that. There are times when a team will trade yardage, completions, first downs and even points for “time” when they are ahead and killing clock.

A single yard at 4th and goal from the one inch line with a “win” on the line means more than a 99 yard touchdown pass in the final minutes of the game down by 28. That one inch means more than the 99 yard touchdown.

I do think that all QBs get garbage time stats so they are not to be dismissed totally, but context makes all the difference in the world, at least in my humble opinion.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garbage time stats have existed since the beginning of the NFL. It just so happens that those stats have been put up by the Cowboys these last few years. When Dallas faces a team that is playing with most of their starters are out due to a Covid or other reasons, it is not much of an accomplishment to put up big numbers. There was months of posting on this board about nobody being able to stop this unstoppable offense with all of the weapons available. This is true when playing really bad defenses , but in the losses where the offense was embarrassingly bad, it was due to the inability of the offense to execute when playing good competition. Running up the score on terrible teams is the pure definition of “garbage time “ stats.

Blah, blah. whatever.

nobody

Reaction score
We need to flatten their QB hard on their first drive of the game. Set that tone and get into his head that pain is being gifted and he is the recipient. Demoralize their offense from the start.

RonWashington

Reaction score
We need to flatten their QB hard on their first drive of the game. Set that tone and get into his head that pain is being gifted and he is the recipient. Demoralize their offense from the start.

A Randy Gregory sack like the one delivered to Mac Jones would be nice with the ball rolling around loose on the Art Galley carpet

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The team that comes out and Plays big boy football from the beginning will win this game . It’s time for the big boys to show up.
Garbage time stats.
Well I believe games are won in the fourth quarter. But if we wait until the fourth quarter to realize we need to step it up it’ll be too late.

It looks to me like both teams panic and turn it on in the second half.
I think this will be the best game in the playoffs. And I truly believe whoever wins this ,possibly can go onto the Super Bowl .
What do you mean by "big boy football"? It sounds like an ambiguous thing to say about how to play in a playoff game. It's not like we are saving our biggest guys to just play in the playoffs so what are you talking about? Our big guys try to play the best they can every time they get on the field so it sounds like to me that you don't understand that and it's only now that they are in the playoffs that the "big boys" get out there and give their best effort. What am I missing about your post? I'm obviously not understanding something. :huh: I'm just trying to understand.

CWR

Reaction score
The team that comes out and Plays big boy football from the beginning will win this game . It’s time for the big boys to show up.
Garbage time stats.
Well I believe games are won in the fourth quarter. But if we wait until the fourth quarter to realize we need to step it up it’ll be too late.

It looks to me like both teams panic and turn it on in the second half.
I think this will be the best game in the playoffs. And I truly believe whoever wins this ,possibly can go onto the Super Bowl .

It starts with those big boys up front. We need them to run block and buy time for Dak. One yard runs on first down will put us in a hole difficult to climb out of.

Last week and vs Washington we saw KM attack the edges. I hope that is a preview of what to expect this week. I also hope we make Pollard the primary ball carrier and pick our spots with Zeke. He will get us dirty yards and close out games, but Pollard is a bigger threat running wide and for a house call.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What do you mean by "big boy football"? It sounds like an ambiguous thing to say about how to play in a playoff game. It's not like we are saving our biggest guys to just play in the playoffs so what are you talking about? Our big guys try to play the best they can every time they get on the field so it sounds like to me that you don't understand that and it's only now that they are in the playoffs that the "big boys" get out there and give their best effort. What am I missing about your post? I'm obviously not understanding something. :huh: I'm just trying to understand.
You’re the only one that had an issue. Understanding what big boy football is. Smash Mouth big boy football you never heard of it. I guess I’ve been around the league longer than you

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You’re the only one that had an issue. Understanding what big boy football is. Smash Mouth big boy football you never heard of it. I guess I’ve been around the league longer than you
So that's something different than how they play in the regular season? Stop being a smart arse and just tell me.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So that's something different than how they play in the regular season? Stop being a smart arse and just tell me.
I already did . As usual you don’t get it. Yes it’s different than how they played in the regular season. Did you see Smash Mouth hardnose football no I saw finesse. Did you see many pancakes. No you didn’t.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I already did . As usual you don’t get it. Yes it’s different than how they played in the regular season. Did you see Smash Mouth hardnose football no I saw finesse. Did you see many pancakes. No you didn’t.
I guess I'm just unintentionally pestering you. I apologize. I didn't mean to waste your time or mine. I just don't get it. :huh:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess I'm just unintentionally pestering you. I apologize. I didn't mean to waste your time or mine. I just don't get it. :huh:
When was the last time you saw the Cowboys offensive line put six defenders on the ground. Last time I saw it it was against Seattle when we had Freddy. That was Smash Mouth football. That’s what I want to see this cowboys team to play Smash Mouth football. No I haven’t seen it this season at all. The running game alone proves it. How do you not understand that

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When was the last time you saw the Cowboys offensive line put six defenders on the ground. Last time I saw it it was against Seattle when we had Freddy. That was Smash Mouth football. That’s what I want to see this cowboys team to play Smash Mouth football. No I haven’t seen it this season at all. The running game alone proves it. How do you not understand that
I guess I'm stupid. :( Is that what you need to hear? I apologized for wasting your time. Please forgive me, I already feel bad enough.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess I'm stupid. :( Is that what you need to hear? I apologized for wasting your time. Please forgive me, I already feel bad enough.
What are you talking about. You asked me a question I answered it the best I could. I want to hear that you know what Smash Mouth football is. I want you to hear you say oh that’s a big boy football. I don’t know why you have to be so sarcastic all the time

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What are you talking about. You asked me a question I answered it the best I could. I want to hear that you know what Smash Mouth football is. I want you to hear you say oh that’s a big boy football. I don’t know why you have to be so sarcastic all the time
Sarcastic? I apologize if you think I'm being sarcastic. Not my intention.

bigE79

Reaction score
The big boys were supposed to show up against the Cardinals...let's hope they actually do this week..I hate the friggin 9ers.

RonWashington

Reaction score

I don’t know Randy Gregory made road kill of Mac Jones and the Lion King threw people around like he was tossing trash ….

RonnieT24

Reaction score
My gut is starting to feel better about this game.. The national media is killing the Cowboys.. They are pissin all over Dak, Zeke, Coop, the offensive line, the defense.. Diggs.. everywhere you look every talking head you can find is telling you the Cowboys don't stand a chance and every one of them basically gives the same reason for it.. The Cowboys are soft... Mentally and physically! Soft!! There is no word in the English language you can call a football player that pisses him off more than that one. I have images of Dak coming our razor sharp throwing lasers to Coop, Ced, CD and Schultz.. I got Zeke and Pollard both running like men possessed and maybe more importantly, I got Lawrence, Micah, Gregory and Gallimore even LVE all taking that whole "soft" talk personally.. and taking it out on Garappolo and that 49er offense. I can't wait to see it..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The big boys were supposed to show up against the Cardinals...let's hope they actually do this week..I hate the friggin 9ers.

The Cardinals weren't the playoffs.. This is a different animal rachere!