It almost feels scripted

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
Year after year after year it’s December type collapses against better teams . You can set a clock by it . Different coaches , different QBs different defenses , it doesn’t matter . Always the exact same result . It’s become part of the team culture at this point . Bills are not even that good no matter how many times Greg Olsen tries to convince us . It’s a crappy 7-7 team with an erratic QB. A least the ridiculous nonsense MVP talk is over .
It's the early penalties and officials extending drives and slowing down our drives at the same time. That has been the script. I have never minded when this team loses a hard-fought competitive game. Today was controlled by the officials from the start. They rewarded the Bills for flopping.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
7DElrBgkJSX4Qc6.jpg
Classic!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Year after year after year it’s December type collapses against better teams . You can set a clock by it . Different coaches , different QBs different defenses , it doesn’t matter . Always the exact same result . It’s become part of the team culture at this point . Bills are not even that good no matter how many times Greg Olsen tries to convince us . It’s a crappy 7-7 team with an erratic QB. A least the ridiculous nonsense MVP talk is over .
The Bills haven't lost a game by more than 6 points - unlike the Cowboys who have lost 3 times by double digits - so are we sure who is the "crappy" team?

The Cowboys have been doing this for years - blowing out teams at home, mostly garbage ones, then losing on the road to anyone with a pulse.

No script is required, although it does make for a handy-dandy excuse. These are the Arlington Jonesboys, and have been for years.

gmb1

Reaction score
Yup. Just like JG was around too long as a coach. The Jones family knows how to make money, and zero about building a winning team.

When Jimmy left, the franchise has never recovered under “coach” Jerry.

Jerry is so smart, he can draft franchise QB’s in late rounds that every other team passed on.

How’s that working out?
We've been a finesse team since Jimmy left

Polkton31

Reaction score
Yeah, because no one here ever makes excuses when the Cowboys get beat...except for every time the Cowboys get beat. :rolleyes:
Yeah, because no one here ever makes excuses for why the Cowboys were able to beat a team either... except for every time the Cowboys beat a team. :rolleyes:

Blackrain

Reaction score
You know what feels scripted to me? How many times this year has the offense just got into the opposing team’s territory and bust a 15-20 yard run only to get called for holding that knocks us out of field goal range? So many times it seems scripted by the refs. Can someone tell me how many holding calls have been called against the opposing team during a game with the Cowboys?
And just as bad is having to watch our players being held and no call is made seems like every other replay we are watching one of our players with someone's arm around their neck or pulling on their Jersey

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And just as bad is having to watch our players being held and no call is made seems like every other replay we are watching one of our players with someone's arm around their neck or pulling on their Jersey
Blimey! I thought it was just me seeing tha illegality!
I am the last one to blame the striped shirts, but this was wholesale and blatant!

visionary

Reaction score
Dak played an ugly game today and we needed way better game out of him that we didn't get. But as I pointed out we can't act like this defense only plays badly when the offense plays poorly. Against Seattle when the offense was scoring on just about every drive and not doing much punting, the defense themselves still played poorly and Seattle went a whole 3 quarters almost before the defense forced a punt. And they gave up 35 points in that game.
Yeah, the defense has been really bad

DStar22

Reaction score
I almost wish it was. At least that way I would know they didn't lose like that because they stink half the time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've been a finesse team since Jimmy left
We had a slight reprieve under Parcels. But Wade took us back to cupcake level intensity and I think making cupcakes was actually part of Garrets process.

Flamma

Reaction score
That's been a Cowboys thing going back to the early 80s. Truth is, it's not easy beating a good team on the road. You need to have certain small things go your way to pull off the upset. Early on those small things went against us.

Back in 1992 I did not think we were beating the 49ers. But Dallas had those little things go in their favor. That year we also got stomped by Philly in Philly. Game wasn't even close. But they didn't win in Dallas.

slick325

Reaction score
Would it surprise anyone if Dallas loses at Miami. Wins against Detroit. Then go into the final game of the season, which means nothing I terms of standings, and Big Mike decides to play his starters so they can have some momentum going into the Wild Card game?

A historic division rival on the road and playing against a lame duck coach in the last week of the season.

I don't think any of it is scripted but, that looks like a good script for the NFL to keep viewership high. Lol

soffenback

Reaction score
Let's keep it real. Dallas 1 and 3 against teams with winning records. Only win against Philly. 9 and 1 against teams .500 or worse. The schedule has been weak so far. They'll probably lose to Miami and Detroit. Perhaps they show up against Detroit since it's in Dallas. Only win will be against Washington (maybe). You never know how divisional games go and it is in Washington. 11- 6 or 10-7 final record. Philly will win the division so Dallas travels to Tampa as the 5 seed for the playoffs.